The Query & Answer System for the Coder Community
- (2020-06-30) Ignacio Martín Chiaravalle: I LOVE GREPPER! It's truly helpful!!!!!!!!!
- (2020-06-29) Гилев Леонид: Great idea! But it requires much time for community creation.
- (2020-06-25) seth ningbo: This is probably the only YouTube ad I've ever clicked on. The extension is pretty useful and has been working well. I really hope that this gains more traction.
- (2020-06-24) דניאל אילן: Awesome idea! this is a must have for every developer! I tried it a little bit and read through the comments, I really love the idea and concept. I will use it as much as I can so you guys can grow and keep on developing this awesome tool! great job! Love this
- (2020-04-15) Safwan Hossain: Really useful tool. Useful when googling for tid-bits but also for the ability to add your own personal contributions.
- (2020-04-15) Harry Odendaal: Adding subscription fees : [ sou that i cant get patreon reviews so sad very sad
- (2020-04-11) Mohammad Mahdi Ali Akbaryan: seems nice on first experience :) usefull extension, thank you developer...
- (2020-04-06) Jonas Tjepkema: As said below or above, the marketing was brilliant, I was just looking for something like this! I hope the community will grow on and as such help us even more :)
- (2020-03-25) Timothy Daigneau: I think this program is a good idea, and so far fairly good execution. It is just lacking the critical mass promised. It is very rare for me to come across something that has been answered.
- (2020-03-23) Barry Cox: I love this tool. Just wondering how to change my name? Right now I am the ( blue eyed batfish ) and thats great but is it possible to change it?
- (2020-03-22) Bas: This is actually great! I use it for python now mainly and have come across my own awnsers a vew times already, so that's very neat. Not much awnsers from other but i dont really mind. Came here from the ad so that worked great for me. Really happy with your product! It's easy to use and I hope more people will come.
- (2020-03-21) Outsoldier: its pretty good
- (2020-03-16) Mardus Venter: Haven't really tried it yet, great idea though. I'm having trouble registering as its saying my email([email protected]) is invalid.
- (2020-03-12) ehsan haghani: not working any times!!!🤢
- (2020-03-11) aaron ward: Not insanely useful when you first install it, but the more you use it the more important this tool will get!
- (2020-03-10) Mobin Khoroushi: Really Thanks i love your idea
- (2020-03-09) Austin Cino: Haven't tried it yet but seriously amazing ad. Brilliantly targeted. Straight to the point. Literally downloaded the extension within about 4 second. Excited to see what results emerge. If the product is as well designed and deployed as the ad, i have no doubt this will be helpful. Thanks whoever put this together. I'm excited to try. I will say one thing that is just my opinion and nothing more. I usually always find my answer however not always as quickly or clearly as i would hope, but never with too much searching or arbitrary search results. Regardless, this immediately seemed like a useful tool and i commend the work effort and intelligence of whoever or whatever team put this together. Thanks!
- (2020-03-08) Jxss_K: I really hope this extension gets more popular so that it becomes more useful, at the moment I don't get that many Grepper answers but I know that this is because there are not too many people using it. It will be better with more people though. Good work
- (2020-03-02) Nave GCT: Grepper is the PERFECT chrome extension! I finally dont have to spend hours researching just to find the answer to ONE SIMPLE PROBLEM! Thank you so much!
- (2020-03-01) Amit Setty: I love this and was using it, but it doesn't work with ecosia.org which is very disappointing :(
- (2020-02-26) Linoow AFC: Most effective YT add ever, downloaded it before the add was done
- (2020-02-19) Anastasios Arvanitis: Hey guys, I've just installed it and added my first css snipet to try it out! Great idea now you ll make me a Grepper maniac adding code to my lib all the time! I ve liked you on facebook and shared with my friends too. Good luck people I m sure that very soon everybody will be talking about your project! Cheers!
- (2020-01-29) Matthew Austin: Great idea! I wish I had thought of it. lol
- (2020-01-18) Ryan Garrett: I am learning how to use unity and this is helping a lot. with this, I can search for an answer and save it for later, or someone might have already found it for me. every answer found with Grepper is always at the top, meaning it is way more easy than normal google. I highly recommend this.
- (2019-12-21) Nate: This does seem like a pretty powerful idea. I'm always saving code snippets to markdown notebooks, 'snippets.js' files, and even have that 30 Seconds of Code new tab extension and all of the bookmarks there, but they all become lost and forgotten. With this, I can easily just be reminded of the snippets I may have forgot as soon as I need them! Really great!
- (2020-06-28, v:0.0.4.2) Amir Alikulov: Why Grepper requires access to all sites?
Why just google.com is not enough for the grepper extension to work?
- (2020-06-26, v:0.0.4.2) Cynthia Spence: Add Language to Options on "Add Grepper Answer"
Hi! I was just going to request the addition of more languages to the dropdown. I didn't notice the dropdown to choose what language the answer is in until after putting in a few, but Julia is not listed, but it's hard to navigate their documentation and there is not a whole lot on it, so I think adding Julia to Grepper would really help a lot of people that may want to learn Julia. Thank you so much :)
- (2020-05-26, v:0.0.4.1) Roberto Gorjao: Extension author identification
Hi! The extension seems great but neither your website or the extension pages on Chrome and Firefox offer proper identification of the authors, their business name and location. For a piece of software that asks for so much information from its users that doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence. For that reason alone I am not installing and using it at this time. I look forward to a more transparent presentation of your business.
- (2020-05-21, v:0.0.4.1) Elazar Fein: Problem with RTL languages
The code scripts that shown on the search are inverted on RTL languages, just add dir="ltr" to it
- (2020-04-12, v:0.0.3.5) Carson Riker: Improper HTML injection
When viewing code snipped on some forums, the text "<div class="open_grepper_editor" title="Edit & Save To Grepper"></div>" is injected literally at the end of the snippet, as opposed to the actual button. One example with image included below, but I noticed it across a couple forums. Image: https://imgur.com/a/IvO2ENX Url for image: https://os.mbed.com/questions/2495/How-to-declare-and-initialize-array-in-a/ Using browser Chromium 80.0.3987.132_1 for Void Linux Great extension though thank you very much for developing it!
- (2020-02-22, v:0.0.2.7) Vivek Chugh: Capability to edit search term
Hello Dev, I found this extension extremely helpful. I intend to use this extension extensively. But there are two minor features, I feel are very important. Easy to implement. But will a huge value. Ability to edit search term: My search query may not define what code is doing exactly. So it required to have this capability on "save grepper answer" popup window and app/my_answers.php page. Even after liking extension so much I may not be able to use it much in absence of this feature. second good to have feature is to be able to add code-search term pairs directly in my_answers.php page. Please contemplate about suggestions.
- (2020-02-18, v:0.0.2.7) Jeffrey Huang: Consider Making some SEO-friendly changes (such as extension name and description, and articles about this extension's uses)
I remember I had seen an ad for this extension, and when I went to search for it I could not find it no matter how hard I tried. I searched things like "Programming extensions that modify search engine experience" and "programming extensions that replace need for scouring forums with custom snippets contributed by other programmers." I only rediscovered the extension by searching through history. This was difficult as I had discovered this extension on a computer I don't usually use. Perhaps try changing the extension name to something like "Code Grepper (Search Engine Modification Extension for Programmers)" The description could also use a more detailed explanation of what the extension does.
- (2020-02-17, v:0.0.2.7) Jacob Butterworth: Site black list
Hi Grepper, I've just seen an ad for your chrome extension and I think it's a great idea! However, if I'm using it at work I don't want it to be able to access data on my company's internal system like Jira. I see that I can add a white list, sites that Grepper can access, but it would be great if I could add sites that Grepper can't access - a black list. Thanks for your time and for your extension :) Jacob
- (2020-02-10, v:0.0.2.6) Nathan Stanford: When a donation happens I would like to know what caused them to donate
When a donation happens I would like to know what caused them to donate. It would be cool to see the ones that cause people to donate. Just an idea not real important but would be cool to know. P.S. under the whatever if it is a new language you have not started using maybe you could suggest a keyword for the whatever that helps people find a new language.
- (2020-01-11, v:0.0.2.5) Carlos Guadarrama-Trejo: Search Engine Agnostic
Hi, I noticed that grepper only works for Google. I think it'd be great if grepper could work on other search engines as well, since some of us prefer to use other search engines. Would this be a feature that could be rolled out in the future? Maybe give the user the option to specify their main search engine in the extension settings? Best Regards, Carlos
- (2019-12-21, v:0.0.2.4) Nate: Just a typo
On main page under "Grow Your Career" you got, "We believe that grepper should be a core part of that sweet of developer tools you use." "sweet" should actually read "suite". Also, you could probably capitalize "grepper" there too. Love the app/extension so thought I'd reach out and let you know.
- (2019-12-04, v:0.0.2.0) Mobile Star: Need to update UI
Hello, Again. I have another suggestion which I think it's good for everyone. I have uploaded 30+ questions&answers to greeper and when I open Grepper page, it stucks about 3-5 secs because I think there are many datas. I think there must be pagination, search, filter and UI has to be updated (Currently It doesn't look professionally) I hope you implement my suggestions. Thanks.
- (2019-11-17, v:0.0.1.9) Mobile Star: Please add Swift and Objective-C option
Hello I started using this extension from yesterday and I think it's good. Btw I'm a native mobile app developer and I want you to add Swift, Objective-C and React.js, Angular.js option. Thanks.