This extension is installed via the Administrator of the computer so that web browsing follows the policies in place for the ATI.
WebSecurity is a Google Chrome extension that works in conjunction with Awareness Technologies user productivity monitoring software package to monitor and block access to web content in the Chrome browser. This extension is installed via the Administrator of the computer so that web browsing follows the policies in place for the Awareness Technologies software. Screenshot shows what happens when a blocked website is reached when the extension is in use in conjunction with Awareness Technologies user productivity monitoring software.
- (2020-02-02) Double E: This looks to be malware. It cannot be removed and launches other programs. It seems that virus protection programs like MalwareBytes have yet to come up with a solve for it (at least on my Mac). Needs attention and immediate removal from Google's approved extension list.
- (2020-01-10) callmesees: MALWARE: watch out for this one
- (2019-10-07) Chris Zellner: This extension is indeed malware and I cannot remove it. Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
- (2018-09-10) Cesar Vazquez: This extension is malware.
- (2018-06-29) Srikiran Pothana: This extension does absolutely nothing of what it should be doing. When on youtube it basically blocks every video when it isn't inappropriate. The same thing happens with websites. (EX.https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download).
- (2018-04-09) Eli W.: It is terrrible and does nothing good. Plus on YouTube, it blocks virtually every video even tons of ones that are completely appropriate.
- (2017-04-10) Steve Schon: This extension is great. I feel safer on the internet with this.
- (2017-04-10) Sameer Kadam: I absolutely love this extension; it does a great job & protects you from being vulnerable to threats.