This extension is installed via the Administrator of the computer so that web browsing follows the policies in place for the ATI.
WebSecurity is a Google Chrome extension that works in conjunction with Awareness Technologies user productivity monitoring software package to monitor and block access to web content in the Chrome browser. This extension is installed via the Administrator of the computer so that web browsing follows the policies in place for the Awareness Technologies software. Screenshot shows what happens when a blocked website is reached when the extension is in use in conjunction with Awareness Technologies user productivity monitoring software.
- (2018-07-29) Jeremy Dinsmore: Installed without my say-so. Spyware. Opened gaping holes in my computer's security. Impossible to remove.
- (2018-05-20) Rhiju Srimani: Malware
- (2018-05-04) Tiger Xing: horrible, ruined my life, hackers can look at what i look at, and i cannot uninstall it
- (2017-06-25) Freaking malware... Probably installed by webwatcher, but this thing uses a lot of my internet bandwidth.
- (2017-05-26) Dan Robrecht: It appears that this app was downloaded (and locked as an enterprise app) by dashlane.
- (2017-04-10) Sagar Gupta: HORRIBLLE part of Scrutiny !!
- (2017-01-30) Strikerach: HORRIBLLE RUINED MY LIFE
- (2016-09-15) N W: Please be aware, if you see this someone has installed spy ware on your computer to monitor you. You should be outraged at who ever installed this. Not only is this thing is hard to remove The extension is next to impossible to remove.
- (2016-07-27) John Ross: Awesome extension works with their software. Helps me see what the kids are up to on the internet
- (2016-07-27) Jeffrey Semenetz: Keeps my kid off inappropriate sites, he knows daddy is watching! Works great
- (2016-06-17) the the: it make my screen lag out every 5 secs
- (2016-04-30) Atmarj: This is malware and forces it's way on to Chrome. The devs really need to get rid of it.
- (2016-04-28) Parker Brand: If this extension pops up on your computer it means a parent/employer installed WebWatcher on your computer. Awareness Technologies (the developer of this ext.) is webwatcher. Please mark all 5 stars on this extension as unhelpful and mark as spam/scam as they are obviously ATI employees... Maybe we can get this extension taken down from the webstore
- (2016-04-07) Charles Montogomery: This app does monitor and take stock of websites visited for the sole purpose of determining if they are secure, therefore reducing and eliminating them being accessed / opened and leading to unwanted and completely avoidable security risks. Designed to prevent unwanted sites from loading and keeping me working in a safe environment. No problems to report to date. I have tried others, but experienced alot of problems with crashing and operating issues. I will stick with this for the time being. Thanks.
- (2016-04-05) Lane Watts: It's an adware scam that chrome refuses to deal with.
- (2016-03-25) I absolutely love this extension; it does a great job & protects you from being vulnerable to threats. So far, so good! Were a few glitches encountered periodically (but they have now been resolved and updated) It has managed to keep both my husband and I computers safe and secure and lets us rest easy knowing that there is no risk of potential unwanted problems. Certainly eliminates the risk of encountering unwanted guests in your computer. This is certainly a great find! I would recommend it as the publisher has done a good job of keeping it updated. I have tried one or two other plug ins, but was not happy with them, I found that they became outdated very quickly and therefore did not work, even though you weren’t always aware of this fact. The extension was still visible but actually was not working, The publisher abandoned the plug-in, which prevented me from actually being able to remove it. Regardless, it didn’t really matter to me because the plug-in extension was not operational, so it really didn’t make any difference to me.
- (2016-03-25) Simon S: This app has been around for a while and has been very helpful and saved me more times than I can say. The extension does a great job of keeping threats from bad sites loading and attaching themselves to your computer without you realizing. Since installing this app I can say that I have not had any issues with malware sites loading on to any of my computers. I am personally thankful to have found this app, after finding malware etc. and having to send my computers out for repairs and reloading operating systems I had had enough. I have not had problems/issues since that time.
- (2016-03-19) Lukas G: Ended up on chrome with out me installing it and i can't uninstall it!!!!!! EDIT: Please report it everybody as malware/spam and maybe they'll finally do something about it!
- (2016-03-11) Mike Luedders: This is an extension installed by malware. Good luck removing it.
- (2016-03-07) Yos pearson: If you did not install this, it means that your parents probably did. the logo that it has is the same one as the company "web watcher". If you look up this company you will find that this allows your parents to see how much time you spend on various app, takes screen shots, records everything you type and many more things. In this case it probably records all the websites that you visit. the only way that i can see to get rid of this is go into incognito and have the box to enable it unchecked. This all might not be true and the publisher of this app just used that picture for recognition. i don't really know but this extension showed up after my parents were fussing with my computer one day. maybe ask them if they did it or something. In the end i guess they are just doing it to protect you, from something that is only a problem for them, but still they are just trying. Any way that is my two cents.
- (2016-03-06) Parker Rowland: Just appeared and now cant install. I here it is malware.
- (2016-03-02) Jackson Valencia: Appeared in chrome one day, seemingly of its own accord. I cannot remove it
- (2016-02-10) It was installed on my system without me knowing and it cannot be removed.
- (2014-12-19) Jessica Kearney: All bugs are fixed! Lovely!
- (2014-12-18) Reilly Holbel: WebSecurity is a specialized gchrome plugin built to communicate with monitoring software. I need it, but with fair warning should you see it on your machine.