Is It Cached? gives you an overview about the browser cache, all cache-relevant response headers and also detects multiple CDNs.
You spend lots of time to optimize your infrastructure to make sure you servers respond with correct cache headers? You use a CDN to speed-up your content delivery but you don't know if it is really working? This extension for the developer tools gives you an overview about all relevant request headers (method, if-modified-since, if-none-match) and response headers (cache-control, pragma, last-modified, etag) in one single table. It also detects if elements are fetched through a CDN and shows you the cache status of the CDN (currently only Cloudflare is supported). You find more information, explanation about the used colors and a changelog here: http://raphael.vullriede.de/is-it-cached/ new in version 0.8.1: - support for edgecast (http://www.edgecast.com), thanks to Andrew White for the tip! new in version 0.8: - Switched to jQuery for better table customization. - Table columns are now sortable. - New column indicating the compression status. - Tooltip with more detailed information for compression status, CDN header, and content type. - Matched if-modified-since/last-modified and if-none-match/etag are now beeing highlighted. new in version 0.6: - first public release
- (2019-10-01) Jordan Kolbaba: Would it hurt to write documentation on how to use? Clicking the icon just gives a dropdown and clicking "is it cached" just loads the store page...
- (2018-02-02) Michael Walker: Was great at one point now its EOL unless the dev updates it.
- (2017-06-14) Miller Jackson: Doesn't seem to be working with chrome 59.
- (2017-05-15) Brian Tully: Doesn't seem to work with Chrome 59. Clicking on the "Is it Cached?" tab in devtools closes devtools, so it appears to be crashing. Going to the developer's support site shows an Internal Server Error. Shame, this extension could be very useful.
- (2016-05-25) danny bollaert: Good extension. Thank you. Would you please provide some icon color functionality, so I don't need to look go in developers toolbar all the time: For example green => completely cached orange => partially cached (7/10) red => nothing cached
- (2013-02-11) Andrew White: Really useful , help to see what pages are on cdn and what are cached, hits and miss, and relevant cache headers too Edgecast now included
- (2013-02-09) Kevin Moore: Brilliant extension. Would love to see an option for a 'custom via header'
- (2013-01-15) Thanh Dang: Super great! But I need the search function. We have got a lot of urls and it is not easy for me to search the urls that I need see.
- (2013-01-07) Christian Hartmann: Best tool in town
- (2013-01-07) Anh Trinh: Great!!! But please explain the meaning of some label: - HIT - MISS
- (2013-01-07) Dang Quang Nguyen: Quá hay!
- (2013-01-06) Thomas Langer: Genial! Einfach und effektiv.
- (2013-01-06) Timo Behrmann: Der Wahnsinn! Genau was ich gesucht habe!