Easily switches a website between development and production webservers
Server Switcher allows you to switch between pages on a production website and a development version with a single click. If you develop websites and frequently find yourself wanting to switch to the development/production version of the page you're on, this addon is for you. It is a port of the excellent Server Switcher addon for Firefox, which I had used for a long time before switching to Chrome. The Firefox addon can be found at http://hermann.czedik.net/projekte/switcher/ Note about multiple servers - I've had a number of requests in the reviews and bad reviews because I only support two servers per profile. I have no plans to change this - my extension is for a quick switch between live/dev. Adding more servers requires either a dropdown (2 clicks) or multiple icons, neither of which are not what I intended. If you need support for multiple servers per profile, I suggest you try multiswitch, rather than leaving a bad review saying that my extension doesn't do what it's not intended to do! Source code for the extension can be found at https://github.com/richardlawley/server-switcher Revision History ----------------------- 0.3: Updated to Manifest version 3 0.2: Allowed single hostnames in URL, such as http://localhost/ and http://development/ 0.1: Initial Version
- (2014-03-19) Mauricio Sánchez: Great idea, but useless since it only allows two domains in every profile.
- (2013-06-07) Andrei Balandin: 1. limited to only two URLs 2. doesn't work with URLs where the domain name contains numbers
- (2013-05-12) Pat Diven II: Thanks, Richard! I was in the same boat as you. I hope you'll give this extension a nice little update soon considering it's been a couple years. :)
- (2013-03-09) Corey Martella: please add arbitary amounts of servers, i have production, smoke, staging and dev and would like to be able to switch from any one to any other one easily like multi-switch is supposed todo but not working anymore
- (2012-11-04) Simon Bérubé: Excellent extension. Thank you! On the note of localhost and similar addresses, those reviews were made a long time ago and this extension does work with addresses like that.
- (2012-03-09) Hal Eagar: Helpful, but wish we had 3-8 domains per domain set rather than just 2.
- (2012-02-07) Ra Wo: Bin es vom FF her gewohnt. Macht mir den Umstieg nach Chrome schmackhafter ;)
- (2012-02-06) Michael Bladowski: can you PLEASE add a third url, PLEASE !?!?
- (2015-11-16, v:0.3) Jonny MacEachern: Keyboard shortcut
Could you add this as a Browser Action so it can be keybound?
- (2015-06-29, v:0.3) Kim De Rijbel: short key
Hi, Is it possible to use a short key? If yes, what is it? Greetings, Kim
- (2013-06-15, v:0.3) Richard Lawley: Test