Highlight Web pages; stored online and recreated automatically when you revisit a page
Yawas lets you highlight and comment web pages in multiple colors. Your highlights are stored inside your bookmarks in Google or using the built-in Chrome storage API. Yawas automatically recreates your highlights when you reopen web pages. All functions are available from the context-menu (Ctrl-Shift-Y for Yellow) To highlight, simply select some text and choose the color from the context menu. To add a note or comment, mouse over an existing highlight and pick "Add Note" (or the keyboard shortcut -N). To recolor or delete a highlight, select some of its text and choose another color or "Delete" from the context-menu. You can also quickly access all your bookmarks with "Yawas - Search" or edit the current page's bookmark (including its labels/tags) with "Yawas - Edit". Show you support by donating to Yawas https://www.appblit.com/yawas
- (2020-11-24) derrick g: Seems to work just fine.
- (2020-07-12) Momin Imtiaz: Its not working :(
- (2020-03-21) ji ko: I would like to respect Yawas. There is competitive App like https://getliner.com. But I like Yawas.Because usefull. So I want use Yawas for parameter page. I could use Yawas for https://edition.cnn.com. But I could not use Yawas for https://us.cnn.com/?hpt=header. "?" is parameter. I think if there is parameter,We could not use Yawas. getliner is $9.99 for month. I would like to use Yawas!! So I cheer for a Yawas!!
- (2019-10-05) Roman Sokolov: Столкнулся с тем, что после обновления страницы показывает только 6 из 11 сохранённых отметок.
- (2019-09-30) unknown user: been using this for a long time, it the best period!! But recently i realize a new tap always opens up, refreshes and closes whenever i visit a new page. Why is this happening??
- (2019-06-20) Taoss The: Can't highlight multi line, needs login to save, etc. Useless.
- (2019-06-10) ruska myrsky: * I can't find Yawas folder in BOOKMARKS. How to find it? (I'm using Chrome for Windows 7 computer). Highlight web pages and PDF files. Stored online and recreated automatically when you revisit a page Yawas lets you highlight web pages and PDF documents in multiple colors. Your highlights are stored inside your BOOKMARKS in Google. * Where is this Yawas - Search? You can also quickly access all your bookmarks with "Yawas - Search" or edit the current page's bookmark (including its labels/tags) with "Yawas - Edit".
- (2019-04-01) Li Lilin: 挺好用的，可以存储在本地，安全多了。 简单的标红功能也够用了
- (2019-03-20) yuwan Mo: It's would be better if can add note
- (2019-02-06) Farney Jimenez: En Chome Versión 72.0.3626.96 sobre win 10, NO funciona al intentar elegir el color ya sea desde el menú contextual o desde el teclado
- (2019-01-05) Pablo Campos: No me guarda las frases resaltadas de una página traducida en chrome
- (2018-11-18) Msc Rock: It is not showing highlighted part when opened later
- (2018-09-13) Józef Sobczyński: 1. Nie da się zaznaczyć więcej niż jednej linijki 2. Po zaznaczeniu wyświetla głupawy komunikat (http://i.imgur.com/l4NWLvY.png), którego zaakceptowanie prowadzi donikąd, a zaznaczenie znika.
- (2018-08-11) SHUBH AARAMBH: nice but i am not know to use this tool pls suggest simple way to use
- (2018-07-22) Janilson Rocha: Inútil
- (2018-05-22) Roberto Souza: Depois de um tempo usando, para. não sei o que é mas não consigo mais fazer marcações.
- (2018-04-03) Gersivan Oliveira: Realmente, só permite destacar parágrafo por parágrafo. Se torna improdutiva.
- (2018-03-10) Dimitris Giannopoulos: Unbelievably useful! If there was an option to add a note (although I don't knowif this is technically possible), it would super great!
- (2018-03-05) Vivian Yue Li: 为什么我用不了，小星星根本不亮
- (2018-01-28) Kushal Kotia: if you can add option to add a note, else this is the best highlighter.
- (2018-01-20) Monkey Minds: Ruim, pois há uma quantidade limitada de texto que posso destacar, se nao fosse isso e só poder destacar parágrafo por parágrafo seria perfeito
- (2018-01-15) Janac Meena: 2018 UPDATE: Developer responded to my request about adding PDF support within 3 days. Best highlighting app available on Chrome. Suggestions for improvement: 1) ability to set custom keyboard shortcuts, as the default "Ctrl+shift+y" is difficult to type with one hand 2) make it open source, so we can help you create the best possible highlighting app! ---------- 2017 ------- HOW DO I DISABLE PDF? This extension is the reason I used chrome over firefox. Wish it had better keyboard shortcuts tho. Is the source code available somewhere?
- (2017-11-23) Buena
- (2017-11-06) Chris Kelley: requires a sign in so couldn't even try it out. :(
- (2017-10-12) stuart lynne: I have been using YAWAS for years.... but almost gave up on it as it did work correctly for the last year or two. Failing to login. Finally figured out the solution. I have two factor authentication enabled. Manually opening bookmarks.google.com and getting through the 2-factor authentication fixes the problem. So back to five star rating!
- (2017-09-25) David Julio Wang: It works! So far so good! Don't forget to refresh your browser to insure the extension starts to work.
- (2017-09-03) Govinda Parasrampuria: Not working...
- (2017-08-13) Alex Bodnarchuk: After pop up cannot store highlight; Do you want to signin now? --> Redirecting and show white pop up square...
- (2020-06-10, v:7.2.8) Janac Meena: Does not work on dark mode websites
Highlights are unreadable on darkmode based websites like Stackoverflow
- (2020-02-23, v:7.2.6) フィヨナ / Fiyona: Shortcuts for other highlighter colours aside from yellow don't work
I've read in one review that instead of shift + ctrl + y you should use b for blue, g for green, etc. but this doesn't do anything for me. I've tried a bunch of other combinations to no avail. And always having to open the menu to change colour is very inconvenient.
- (2020-02-21, v:7.2.6) Velin V: "Create note" does not appear on "mouse over"
When I mouse over highlighted text, I get only two options/icons: Twitter and Email. It will be nice to have "Note/comment" and everything else (colors, etc.) appear ALL on mouse over. Having to choose from the context-menu means doing more clicking... Thank you!
- (2020-01-10, v:7.2.5) unknown user: highlights missing
Yawas says some of my highlights are missing (1 highlight 18 missing). This has been happening a lot, then i will have to re-highlight all over again. How do i resolve this... Thank you
- (2019-09-30, v:7.1.2) Dimitris Giannopoulos: Yawas opening new tabs and asking for login
On Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90, Yawas opens a new tab on every highlight and/or tabs pointing to https://www.google.com/bookmarks/find?output=rss. Apart from that, it would try to authenticate against Google and it will fail.
- (2019-02-26, v:5.0.4) alfa rme: Can't select more than one paragraph
Hi, On any website, as soon as my selection contains a newline, I get an error message! is this intended? Text is seperated into paragraphs for easier reading by humans. Why can't I select the entire block I want to annotate and remember, instead of seperately marking each paragraph? Thanks, Sven
- (2019-01-02, v:5.0.2) stuart lynne: YAWAS does not stay logged in
When I try to use YAWAS it says it is not logged in. This is with the Linux version of Chrome. I can sometimes get YAWAS to login by disabling it and reenabling. But then it will typically run only for a few minutes. I have been using YAWAS for years, but unfortunately not very successfully for about two. Thanks.
- (2018-11-02, v:5.0.2) Sign in issue?
Is Yawas working? When I try to highlight something a note pops up saying it would save the highlight and asks me to sign in - but doesn't provide a way to do that.