Makes switching between tabs more convenient.
The extension shows you a popup with last active tabs when you press its shortcut (Alt + Y by default). You cycle through them by holding Alt and pressing Y. By releasing the Alt key you switch to the chosen tab. This is like switching between apps in Windows (Alt + Tab) and in macOS (Cmd + Tab). Also, when you close an active tab, you will be placed to the previously active one. It is more helpful than the default Chrome's behaviour, which activates the nearest tab. You can delegate default switching between tabs by pressing Ctrl + Tab to the extension, see how https://github.com/dvdvdmt/popup-tab-switcher#replace-default-tab-switching-behaviour NOTE: The extension tries to render its popup on the page wherever it is possible, but there are cases where it can't do that: * Chrome's web store pages. The extension doesn't work here. * Special Chrome tabs such as Settings, New tab, History, etc. In this case the extension tries to switch a user from a special tab to a previous tab without showing a popup. * The page has no focus (a user searches on the page, focused on address bar, etc.). In this case the extension shows its popup and starts a timer by the end of which it will switch a user to the selected tab. * Files pages (URL starts with file:///). The extension can't work on such pages without a special permission which you can turn on in Extensions > Popup Tab Switcher (Details) > Allow access to file URLs. Source code on GitHub https://github.com/dvdvdmt/popup-tab-switcher
- (2021-06-27) Hoang-Phuc Tran: Will be better if there's a button to close tab
- (2021-06-24) Akio Ozaraga: It works but I have a bug where when I am on edge://extensions, it won't let me use this extension to switch to another tab.
- (2021-06-20) Всеволод Жога: Only tabs which were opened in the TabSwitcher are able to fast switching. If I open a new tab in a browser I can't switch to it as to previous opened I don't know did this option work before but now doesn't
- (2021-05-06) Anshu Raj: It works really well and I am happy using. If you are working it can increase your working speed and it is fully customizable and its default window shortcut is Alt + Y you can even change shortcut key.
- (2021-04-19) Meet Saiya: really smooth and works very well
- (2021-03-28) Azzam Play: you're
- (2021-02-26) Kokodjo: Actually quite good. But what bothers me is that whenever you click on it, the options menu always opens and the rest is then displayed directly in the middle of the screen. And there is no German translation.
- (2021-02-15) M K: The extension is really cool. But I noticed that when the list pop up we cannot select the tab using the mouse. Moving the mouse makes it go the tab highlighted in the list. Do you see what i mean ?
- (2020-12-17) Sorawit Kongnurat: Very convenient
- (2020-12-02) Artemi Lebedev: add plz option: "Switch to previously active tab in ACTIVE window" thx
- (2020-11-26) Nam CT: Actually i wanna give a 4.5 rating, as pressing the shortcut will first open the last opened page rather than open the popup. Popup will show only after the first navigation.
- (2020-11-25) Void Addons: This extension is awesome! ctrl+tab is so bad! I love the visual way to switch between tabs! Please add the alt+tab feature of pressing alt+delete to delete a tab. Love your work!
- (2020-11-21) Rcdmine: im a youtuber and i dont like this these ppl are begging for reviews is the plug in
- (2020-11-20) passive be: concise, beautiful and useful~ 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 five stars!
- (2020-11-19) IVETTE CZA: It could use more funtions but still fantastic to move in the browser!
- (2020-11-19) Catalin Munteanu: This extension realy helped me
- (2020-11-15) Qwert Yuio: Pretty useful for those who opens many tabs.
- (2020-11-13) Ning Cao: Good
- (2020-10-31) Akash: Its great !!!... Anyone who want to change the shortcut, visit chrome://extensions/shortcuts and change as your needs ! Dont blame the dev for that Alt+Y stuff. Works very fine without any lag.
- (2020-10-22) Pixelate: I really like this extension, the only thing I would like adding to it is the ability to change the hotkey. Add that and it would be 6 stars
- (2020-10-01) นิภาพร สายใจ: OK
- (2020-09-19) BRASI Reed: cool
- (2020-09-11) Stas: This functionality should be default to chrome!!!
- (2020-08-12) SHREYAN SARKAR: excellent chrome extension
- (2020-08-07) giu: it's great and does its work perfectly.
- (2020-08-07) S K Puneeth Kumar: alt+y only switches me to the last active tab.
- (2020-08-07) Beard Bong: Please do make support for Chrome OS, I'll rated it 5 once available edit: it does work well with chrome os with 3 seconds ticker!
- (2020-08-06) Ryu18: Exactly what I needed!
- (2020-08-05) Faith Griffin: Better than before!
- (2020-08-05) Satyam: This Is the Extension was searching for.
- (2020-08-04) Kanosyシ: C'est bien mais il pourrait avoir plus de fonctionnaliter
- (2020-06-26) Blueberry Dad: Worked really well. Replaced an old extension i used to use for tab switching. Set it to alt+q and i'm golden.
- (2020-06-23) Nadezhda H.: I've been looking for an extension like this for ages. I don't know why it's not a setting in Chrome. I find it very convenient to be able to tab through the open tabs in the order I used them in, instead of the order they are placed in Chrome. I just installed it but I think I'll be using it all the time. Thanks!
- (2020-03-24) ALESTIF: Útil pero vacía. Tiene muy pocas opciones. La base de la extensión esta bien solo le faltan mas funciones.
- (2020-01-05) AILminu TRAVAIL IN RAILWAV.: Why you make the process more and more difficult?
- (2020-01-04) Nil Bazar: greate work
- (2020-01-04) Ennui So: Круто. Опционально (потому что иначе конфликтов много) бы добавить возможность закрывать вкладки из этого списка. Хотя попап же держится квазирежимом — если альт зажат, то не пропадает. Поэтому можно в этом режиме даже забить, например, Delete (хотя не совсем правильно) или стрелку влево, чтобы закрыть.
- (2020-01-04) Eric Waters: I'm sorry, I'm sure you worked very hard on this, but I just don't see the point. CTRL+Tab/CTRL+Shift+Tab cycles between open tabs already, and as far as I can tell, all this extension does is that with a different key combination and a little popup window. When I watched the video and read the description, I thought "No, it's gotta do something else, surely..." but, no, not really. Meanwhile, it reads my browsing history and the content of the sites I'm on. That kinda makes sense based on what it's supposed to do, but since there's already a keyboard shortcut for that, it makes me nervous. Honestly, I don't see the point.
- (2019-12-19) haoxiang wang: The coveted plugin Thank you developers! 一直想要的插件 谢谢开发者!
- (2019-10-08) Kenneth Fu: Works really well, but i will love to have a close button when hovering on each tabs.
- (2019-08-19) Ben T: It's great! But it would be even better if you use other default shortcut keys.....ALT+Y is not a very comfortable combination.
- (2019-08-18) Invulnerable Studios: pressing alt + y doesn't work for some reason.
- (2019-08-14) Andy Grabow: Why is that not the default behaviour?
- (2019-07-31) Teddy M.: Just all we need :) If you are used to CMD + TAB for your Mac... to switch with different apps...Imagine to do so with your chrome tabs ^^ Just hope we can choose soon our own shortcuts keys instead ALT + Y... JUST TEST IT YOU WILL LOVE IT
- (2020-11-23, v:1.7.6) SERUCH VERONIQUE: retrouver l'ancienne version de facebook
je n'arrive pas à travailler avec la nouvelle version facebook
- (2020-11-20, v:1.7.6) Elias Menezes dos santos: COMO ATIVAR A CAMERA NO NOTEBOOK
COMO ATIVAR A CAMERA DO NOTEBOOK
- (2020-11-12, v:1.7.6) Garrett Brown: im upgrading from windows 7 to 8.1
i need help
- (2020-10-26, v:1.7.6) kid: Auto Switching Timeout
Is there a way to turn off the Auto Switching Timeout? It really bothers me, I set it up to 0 It's faster, I set it up to 9 kajillion it slows down but eventually in the middle of my work it turns back to recent tab. I really want to use this extension without auto switching timeout
- (2020-08-14, v:1.7.6) JAMES .MARTIN: HOW TO HOOK UP MY SOUND AND TO HOOK UP SOUND BARANO
TO MY COMPUTER
- (2020-08-04, v:1.7.6) FhiieC'vRiel lovest: crome
tidak muncul dekorasi toko lazada
- (2020-05-02, v:1.7.1) Ronald Bowers: Can't get my email
You had me change my securty code
- (2020-05-02, v:1.7.1) Marilyn Armant: zoom
how do i get on zoom
- (2020-05-01, v:1.7.1) EllyzaMarie Jumalon: google
cant download window 10
- (2020-04-29, v:1.7.1) أنس هاشم: الماء
قطرة ماء تساوى الحياة
- (2020-01-17, v:1.6.0) Ennui So: Список не обновляется, пока не перейдёшь на вкладку
1. Когда открываешь новую вкладку без перехода на неё. 2. Когда открываешь вкладку в полном экране. Не получится перейти через расширение, пока не перейдёшь на неё вручную. Стандартным переходом всё работает. Особенно актуально для полного экрана — вкладки-то не видно.
- (2020-01-05, v:1.6.0) Bill Sullivan: HOW TO WATCH SPORTS OM MY LAPTOP
NEED TO GET NFL GAMES ON MY LAPTOP
- (2020-01-05, v:1.6.0) AILminu TRAVAIL IN RAILWAV.: cooperation needed ugently.
Please make the process easer,faster.
- (2020-01-04, v:1.6.0) Alicia Moyano: TRADUCCION
- (2020-01-04, v:1.6.0) Bor Čanželj: 2 tabs update
You can make this working with already 2 tabs open please contact me mail:[email protected]
- (2020-01-02, v:1.6.0) Willco Megan Nance: print envelopes
print addresses on mailing envelopes