Quickly switch to other open tabs with just your keyboard
Fast Tab Switcher allows you to quickly switch to other open tabs in your Chrome window using only the keyboard, including filtering tabs by partial name or URL match. Additionally, the most recently visited tab will be at the top of the list, allowing you to bounce easily between two tabs. ---- Show the Tab Switcher: - PC: Ctrl+Shift+Comma - Mac: Cmd+Shift+Comma Toggle the "Show tabs from all windows" option: - PC: Alt+a - Mac: Opt+a You can change the keyboard shortcut by opening your Extensions preferences page, scrolling to the bottom, and clicking "Keyboard shortcuts."
- (2019-03-07) Le Shryder: This is beautiful
- (2018-09-05) Will Klein: Fantastic extension and it's open source. Thank you, Michelle!
- (2018-08-25) Jay Goldberg: Search field is not focused on bringup of the search window. There is considerable lag to load the search window in contrast to PowerSwitch.
- (2017-03-29) Aditya Bhaskar: Love this option. I changed the keyboard shortcut to Ctrl+P (similar to Sublime), and it's awesome! Well developed, simple, single-use extension. P.S.: If you want to change keyboard shortcut, an easy way is to directly go to: "chrome://extensions/configureCommands" in your browser.
- (2017-02-09) Artur Katrushko: BEST!
- (2016-12-14) Stedman Hood: Fast Tab Switcher is the only way I switch between tabs now. It speeds up your navigation speed dramatically. Love it!!
- (2016-10-30) Kun Ran: 5 star!!! I just had the same idea this morning, then I found this plugin, solved me a huge problem of openning too many tabs! Thank you.
- (2016-05-18) Will Ngo: There's no cure for my tab-creating addiction. Until there is, this is the next best thing. I've been using this for years and this extension has become part of my workflow when I have to look for a particular tab, lost amongst the sea of windows on my screen. Now I can switch to any tab within a few seconds, no matter how many tabs I wildly created!
- (2016-05-17) Romanyich R: Slow tab switcher.
- (2016-02-15) Vlad Zamskoi: Amazing. Every windows or tabs based UI should have such thing. P. S. I am Usability junior engineer.
- (2016-01-28) Matt McKellar-Spence: Exactly what I wanted! Much better than mashing ctrl+tab :)
- (2016-01-01) Joe Pea: Amazing. I've always wanted this feature. Firefox has it... Now Chrome does with this extension!
- (2015-08-17) Daniel Cohen: much needed 10x :)
- (2015-06-08) Daniel Bultas: if you are looking for fast, keyboard friendly tab switcher.. This can be the last one.
- (2015-03-30) Cass M: Spectacular addon. I use lots of quick launchers, and this works beautifully with my workflow - I have bound the program launcher to Win+Space and Fast Tab Switcher to Ctrl+Space globally. Everything works *so fast* now.
- (2015-02-05) Shabith Ishan: This is all I want! Thank you for making such a nice extension. Please change the look and feel and it will be awesome!
- (2014-12-09) Kevin Galder: Hace lo que dice, solo le falta poder configurar los atajos de teclado
- (2014-08-19) Carter Foxgrover: Love this extension. For people who live with a world of tabs open - you will find this quite helpful.
- (2014-04-21) Kevin Jantzer: Awesome. Thanks for this.
- (2014-03-11) Henrik W.: Nice!
- (2014-03-01) Denis Tuzhik: Plain awesome. Sublime is finally making its way to chrome.
- (2014-02-28) Cyril Silverman: This is exactly what I needed. Super simple and fast.
- (2014-02-24) Hi Zac: Very nice and glad the code is on Github
- (2014-02-07) Jonathan Maher: Very useful and easy to use. I had gotten into a bad habit of constantly opening new tabs and this was the cure.
- (2014-02-07) Matt Walker: Perhaps this will cure my tabophobia.
- (2019-04-06, v:1.1.2) Morgan Benjamin: Smaller height lines?
The height of lined per tab seems unnecessarily high, text too large, can I customise this? Doesn't this defeat the purpose if only a few tabs are seen?
- (2018-07-18, v:1.1.2) Carmel Schvartzman: keyboard
Can't get keyboard shortcuts working PC WINDOWS7 SP1
- (2018-06-03, v:1.1.2) Brian Gupta: Focus isn't in the text entry box on ChromeOS
On my mac, I can hit the hotkeys and start typing. e.g. "ctrl+cmd+," then "sl,enter" will take me to slack. On ChromeOS (pixelbook) I am unfocused after the Chift+ctrl+, hotkey press.
- (2016-06-29, v:1.1.2) Nope Soap: Cannot launch the app
Can't launch the app since the last Chrome update.
- (2016-05-04, v:1.1.2) Ma Xiang: Why the option is grayed out?
- (2016-04-20, v:1.1.2) George Jor: Avoid full screen in OSX
I am using OSX chrome in full screen mode. When I open the extension, a new full screen browser is opened. After I select a tab, then it will close. It is kind of ignore for fast switching. It would be better if it is opened as an overlay on top of current browser tab without opening a new fullscreen browser. I like this extension. Please help implement such feature. Thanks!
- (2016-03-06, v:1.1.2) Sorted by last viewed tab
Could be cool if the list was sorted by which tab were last used. That way one could switch very quickly between two tabs that were "far from each other" Nice extension btw.!
- (2014-09-19, v:1.1.2) Daniel Loomer: [ChromeOS] search box not auto-focused
When bringing up the tab switching window in Chrome OS the search box isn't automatically focused, the tab key can be pressed to enter the input area but I can't start typing immediately.
- (2014-04-30, v:1.1.2) Ben Jones: Keyboard shortcut on Linux
Running Ubuntu 12.04 Can't get keyboard shortcuts working :(