Chrome extension for converting textarea to code editor
Simple extension for converting textarea to code editor. Very useful in google app engine interactive console, jenkins job configuration page and any other page, where you need to type code in textarea. Opensource - https://github.com/nvbn/textarea-to-code-editor Written in clojurescript.
- (2018-06-27) Steven Vo: no longer work
- (2016-10-04) Bram Luiken: Wonderful for TextPatten CMS, and many other things. 10/10 recommend for every developer!
- (2016-10-03) Harsh Kansagara: Extremely useful when working with WordPress. Makes customizing theme and code very easy. Thanks :)
- (2016-09-10) Mostafa Mostafavi: Amazing! i use it on wordpress for edit themes, plugins and... Tanks :)
- (2015-01-06) Jonathan Becker: Good, sometimes...
- (2017-06-13, v:0.5) lukesubuntu 1: does not work via ajax
does not work via ajax or wordpress just tried and doesnt change anything
- (2017-04-08, v:0.5) Сергей Кравченко: Ajax loaded textareas
the extension does not work with textareas loaded using ajax
- (2016-11-01, v:0.5) Add New Languages
Hi Vladimir, Great job with this extension. It works great. Can you let me know if it's possible to add new languages? My application has a kind of meta-language based on .NET that would be great to have in the tool. Thanks, Mauricio
- (2016-04-18, v:0.5) How
How do I use it?
- (2016-01-20, v:0.4) Indentation
HTML indentation would be nice.
- (2015-01-30, v:0.4) Ryan Stark: makes text field larger than my display
The code editor text field is very tall and not re-sizable; so I have to scroll the page AND the text field to see all of the code. Double scrolling is very awkward.