Convert any textarea into a code editor style.
Convert any textarea into a code editor style. This will monitor webpages you're on and convert regular Textareas into Code Editors. An icon appears in the lower-left corner that will allow you to select which language for syntax highlighting. You can change the theme in the CodeArea settings page. The editor is extensive and will have many features (+optionals) as more updates roll out, including: code folding, line highlighting, vmacs keymap, etc. // Updates // --------------------------------------------------------- 02-03-2014 - Add line wrapping mode - New layout - Dynamic adjustment of linewrapping and themes 12-05-2013 - Fix a fluid 100% bug. 12-04-2013 - Editor will handle fluid layouts better and resize properly. - Added close button to remove editors. - Fixed some bugs related to updating textarea content. - Default themes and languages can be saved / reloaded. - You can have themes and languages autoload to all pages you visit, or from a list of matching hostnames. - Bugfixes.
- (2015-12-23) N.D. Author Services [NDAS]: Nice for pure code, but doesn't work with some of Google's own online textareas.
- (2015-07-03) Bartek Igielski: Cool stuff! Is there a way to change default indentation? I want 2 spaces instead of tab.
- (2015-03-28) Mahdi Bagherpoor: That's great.
- (2015-02-13) Carl Schell: Perfect for editing some complex wordpress pages. I didn't want to have to install a wordpress plugin to do the same thing.
- (2014-12-02) Cory Wright: I couldn't live without CodeArea. I work on a rather crappy ecommerce CMS which, despite being a multi-million dollar product, has the worst WYSIWYG/code editors ever invented, so CodeArea is my savior daily.
- (2014-10-16) Michael Gane: This is awesome. I've been looking for JS plugins for textareas and they all seem to not work properly or crash the browser. This works flawlessly every time. Really liking the automatic indenting too!
- (2014-06-09) Дмитрий Горбачёв: Отлично! То что я долго искал... подсвечивает синтаксис везде, даже по протоколу HTTPS.
- (2014-02-14) Brad Mrumlinski: A lot of times textareas in CMS systems like drupal that contain code are dynamically loaded... So I had to hack this extension to re-evaluate textareas on the page when I click a button. Other than that... Great extension!
- (2014-02-11) Brendan Lalor: The new word-wrap mode makes this great extension even better!
- (2014-01-16) Christina Schelin: AMAZING.
- (2013-08-22) Немања Пантош: Plugin dont work on Drupal Textarea :/
- (2012-12-14) Andrew Taylor: Textareas with 100% height and 100% width do not resize correctly
- (2012-11-14) Benjamin Bojko: Soothes the pain of inline editing.
- (2012-11-14) adminko kharkiv: Feature Request: posibility to setup default language selection based on data attribute or class of textarea. for example: textarea has attribute data-ca-lang="php" so extension set php syntax for this area by default
- (2012-10-24) Charlie Whitney: event works for snippets in some forums. dope.
- (2012-10-24) Stephen Koch: Ever try adding code to a textarea and hit TAB and then yell *&#K? Yeah, this fixes that.