Helps ASP.NET developers improve performance via increased awareness of View State footprint.
PURPOSE - The idea is that you're a developer who wants to easily spot when a web page is using too much view state - You want the information easily noticeable, rather than relying on you to click something to check view state. - You want something your whole team can use, so you can share the responsibility. Basic Functionality - Counts HTML Length - Counts VIEWSTATE Length - Calculates a PERCENTAGE UI - PERCENTAGE displayed on the extension button - Red-Amber-Green color based on thresholds you can configure OPTIONS - Threshold for Amber (Default 10,000 chars) - Threshold for Red (Default 20,000 chars) UPDATES - v1.1 Added support for view state chunking
- (2019-09-04) Colin Sanders: Spot on for what i need
- (2016-10-28) Aaron Gibbs: Simply reads the size of the first __Viewstate hidden form field. If you are using viewstate chunking this is worthless.
- (2015-10-19) Marc de Vries: Je weet meteen hoeveel procent van je pagina uit ViewState bestaat. Snel en simpel!
- (2015-04-16) כל כך פשוט, קל ונח.
- (2014-05-22) John Cockrell: Needed to refresh initially to get information to show, after that worked well. Requires access to full page which is guess is unavoidable.