When visiting webpages, blocks photos of keywords you define. Keywords can be locked with a pin for parental controls.
Selective Image Blocker allows you to block images that match ANY keywords you specify! This extensions is not perfect, but attempts to protect you from images you may not want to see. Examples include: - Snakes - Spiders - Children - Monsters - Ghosts - Presidents == UPDATED VERSION 1.1 == - Keywords can be locked with a password or PIN for parental controls - Will now hide images that are revealed through scrolling
- (2022-12-17) Pat MySecret: The idea is good. Unfortunately, they tend to use blob names instead of 'Trump' or 'Biden'.. You could filter the blob name, but might as well use your ad blocker which generally lets you pick the item vs typing. I'm sure this is useful to someone though.
- (2022-11-09) ReplayJay: It is really good at what it does. But I only wish there was an option to just give it words to search for. Like actual text in the image. Then it could filter it out with OCR. This is what I really need. Sometimes it will do it and sometimes it doesn't understand. If you can add a part of the filter where it only looks for words with OCR I would love that!
- (2021-09-18) Milton Griffin: There is still a flash of the image before it is blocked, and it does not work on YouTube
- (2021-05-13) Andro Rizk: Just started using it. IT IS AMAZING. LOVE IT. the developer did a swell job in it. I just got one question. How exactly do I lock my keywords? Is there a password? A google sign in? Please explain
- (2021-05-10) Víðarr Kerr: Not only does it not work, it completely crashes the browser every time you go to add a keyword.
- (2021-04-12) بَرِيقْ: لا تعمل، لا تعتمد عليها...
- (2021-03-27) Generic Schlub: Blocks images I really don't want to see (translasion: suggestive/NSFW content) when I'm browsing the internet, but also delivers loads of false positives (like how it blocks the icons in Google Docs despite not having anything related to google docs in my keywords list). If they fix that, or add a whitelisted websites feature, this would be a five star extension.
- (2020-12-16) gray goof: works perfectly, exactly what i needed thank you! :)
- (2020-09-24) Sam Pfortmueller: It doesn't work
- (2020-09-19) Lilith Schreck: There is still a flash of the image before the block image covers it. Not helpful for my phobia.
- (2019-05-19) Anthony Wong: Great tool for blocking certain images (read: NSFW) from showing up in my browser!
- (2021-05-13, v:1.1) Andro Rizk: Password Protection
Hello developer, you've made a lovely extension that is really quite wonderful. However, when I press "lock keywords" nothing happens. Is there someway I can password protect my keywords? Keep in mind, that I am NOT using chrome as my browser. I am using a chromium browser called Vivaldi.
- (2020-09-19, v:1.0) Rob B: Can You make this work with wykop.pl?
Can You make this work with wykop.pl?
3.3 (12 votes)
Last update / version
2020-11-19 / 1.1