It calculates a percentage which shows how many of the requests for this page, are being served by a Varnish Cache Proxy!
The Varnish Cache Efficiency Extension is useful, if you want to check how many of the request necessary for the current page are delivered by a Varnish Cache Proxy. The shown number is a percentage value which says how many percent of the requests are delivered out of the Varnish Cache. To function the Varnish Cache Proxy needs to be returning the "X-Varnish" Header. More features are yet to come!
- (2016-03-11) My favorite extension for chrome - excellent for testing Varnish implementations, when used in conjunction with F12 developer tools gives a really good picture of what went into serving the request. Recommended.
- (2015-06-24) Julio Fernández: It doesn't work for me. 59 servers tested so far. Worst is the support/documentation. No info online. It must be a configuration problem, but for me it's just useless as it is. No thanks.
- (2015-06-17) Kevin Clarke: Great. A nice addition would be to see which resource requests were not cached.
- (2013-01-07) Rene Rothauer: :D
- (2012-12-17) Daniel Kuster: Really useful!
- (2016-03-02, v:0.0.0.1) Nemam pojma Francesc: With Cloudflare
I think this extension is not working when Cloudflare is present. Maybe it gets confused by Cloudflare headers. If I deactivate Cloudflare in my site, looks alright, but with cloudflare on, nothing happens. The other option is that Cloudflare also forces on my site to be https, might that be it?
- (2015-01-10, v:0.0.0.1) Ehsan Mehranvari: The extension is not responding to my website
Hi, The extension is not show the percentage of passed requests for my website "jaryaan.ir". Is there any point about my website?