Create XML package to use with Ant on top of Salesforce Workbench. Go to Workbench and browse Metadata. By Elie Perez
Create XML package to use with Ant and Force.com migration tool on top of Salesforce Workbench. You need to connect to the workbench (https://workbench.developerforce.com/login.php) and then: info -> Metadata Types and Components The plug-in provide the following features: - Metadata Type search by free text - Search metadata components by text - Add metadata to your Package XML by checking a checkbox - Load and existing package - Download the final Package XML to deploy
- (2018-09-24) Harish Muppala: Excellent extension, very helpful
- (2018-07-31) Andy Reising: Perfect, does exactly what it says it does
- (2018-07-13) Raj Bhattacharjee: Awesome tool....please let us know how to upgrade to the latest API version?
- (2018-02-06) Tony Kayyali: Super clever and helpful extension - Thank you
- (2017-05-28) Shai Fisher: So much helpful!
- (2016-02-16) Elie Buff: Finally we have the ultimate tool to use with Ant. Thank you great tool.
- (2017-01-19, v:0.4) Hoang Phuong Thai: Workbench running on local machine
Firstly this is a very great tool. Thanks a lot! :) I have a suggestion that could be useful (at least for me and my team). Currently I'm developing against a Salesforce org that is governed by IP restriction. This means I can only use Workbench if it is installed locally on a WAMP server. I assume this extension only works if the URL is exactly "https://workbench.developerforce.com/metadataDescribeAndList.php". Is it possible to enable the extension with a custom URL? For example my URL is "http://localhost/forceworkbench-37.0.2/workbench/metadataDescribeAndList.php". Hope this will be added in a coming version. I would appreciate that a lot. :) Thanks in advance.