Redraw IMG elements on HTML5 Canvas, forcing GPU to handle the work.
Experiencing slow response when viewing a page with many images? Click the icon and redraw IMG elements using HTML5 Canvas forcing GPU to handle the work. NOTE: This extension was something I wrote as a practice when I was a college student. As of today, it would be surprising to me if Chrome does not handle simple image rendering efficiently, so chances are that this extension is simply useless. The extension and its repository (https://github.com/clydeli/Img_on_Canvas) are kept alive just for reference. - Release Notes: 1. Both the FPS and GPU memory usage would increase for sure. But the memory usage of the page may also increase (sometimes the increase is temporary). 2. The original IMG elements are not removed in the current version, they are just hidden. This is for some future development purpose. (Don't worry, the memory usage does not seem to have major increase because of this) - Changelog: In 0.17.7.2: 1. Remove jQuery dependency. In 0.11.14.1: 1. Updated jQuery core to 1.8.3 2. Updated to new Chrome Extension manifest 3. Minor code refactoring In 0.1.425.1: 1. AJAX IMG elements are now handled right after being dynamically loaded. 2. Fixed incorrect width and height assigning in some cases. 3. Updated jQuery core to 1.7.2 In 0.1.315.5: 1. First Release
- (2020-12-23) Janusz Nti: I had a big problem with Google Maps - freezed frequently. This addon solved everything! Thanks so much, work perfect!
- (2017-09-25) Antonio júnior: Mais um que infelizmente não funciona. espero que um dia possa entregar o que promete.
- (2017-07-09) Max Lu: Great idea! Chrome still does not control many functions, this item is one of many!
- (2016-11-14) Gumballer: Great for light CPUs
- (2016-05-27, v:0.11.14.1) enabled by default option?
Hey there. Hope your evening is finding you well. Can you add the option to have this "On" by default? The extension is a great idea, but for extensions such as this it's better if they "just work" in the background.