Save stories as ebook files for offline reading
Download online fiction as ebook files from a number of popular sites. Simple to use, with beautiful results. 1. Browse to story; 2. Click the FicLab 'save' button; 3. Download the ebook. Supports ePub, Kindle, PDF, markdown, plain text, MS Word (docx) and FLB. You can also download cover images on their own as PNG files. A Note About Permissions: This extension uses an "access all sites" permission. The purpose of this permission is to allow publishers to add support for their own sites, in addition to the sites that are supported natively. It will be used to add the 'save' button to supported sites, and to fetch story content from those sites. It will not be used for anything else, and will never access or modify any site other than fiction sites that are supported for ebook conversion by the extension.
- (2021-03-24) Seth Kasso: A godsend when it comes to archiving fics. Can't believe it works on FFN since most other FF downloaders don't work post their infrastructure overhaul.
- (2021-02-03) Lucyfer: Worked perfectly with fanfiction.net, which was a godsend as all the usual sites are unable to download from there recently. I really appreciate the resource!
- (2021-01-24) C. E.: Awesome extension to save and archive fanfictions. The real complaint is the lack of the generic book cover option. When saving fanfics from FF.net, there is no option to use the generic FicLab epub cover the extension provides instead of whatever the fanfic cover or profile picture authors use, resulting saving the fanfics without a cover. Would generally like an one-click option that allows the generic book cover to be used instead.
- (2020-06-28) CherryRM: Amazing!!!
- (2019-10-27) Someon Anon: Can it still download from asianfanfics? It doesnt work.
- (2017-09-25) Ang!3 O_ñ: Excelente.
- (2016-11-22) Dream Festival: The best fanfic downloader I have seen yet! But there are so problems with some fanfics. I got these errors on some 'API error: pandoc: Could not parse YAML header: mapping values are not allowed in this context "source" (line 20, column 447) pandoc: Error in $: expected HashMap Text a, encountered Array' EDIT: There is also a communication error now; Communication error [error]: Internal Server Error Reply
- (2016-10-03) ForTheBrats: Been working wonderfully for me.
- (2016-08-24) De Quincey: This is an amazing addition to my Chrome. I'm a huge fan of FictionPress (I write and read) and it's good to be able to enjoy a story on there and save it before the author deletes it. It's quick and easy and has such a great format!
- (2016-05-27) alison adams: It's so convenient to have this integrated into the website instead of a standalone site. And can you say 'fast' it's smokin'!
- (2021-03-15, v:1.0.35) Laurita: no me deja descargar fic de fanfiction.net
Hola, estoy intentando descargar un fic de fanfiction.net pero me aparece este mensaje ´There is no downloadable story on this page.´ y no me deja descargar. gracias
- (2021-03-09, v:1.0.31) M Sparkle: Save Button Not Appearing
Hi, I was wondering if there was an issue with the save button not appearing, or if this is just me? Thank you for all your work. Great extension!
- (2020-12-13, v:0.6.56) victoria hernandez marquez: Imagen
Hola este programa es muy bueno muchas gracias. La duda es hace meses lo ocupaba y se descargaba bien pero hace algunas semanas no me deja guardar con la imagen que viene la historia gracias.
- (2020-10-19, v:0.6.53) Surreptitious Soulstamp: render error
This is a fairly recent error and arose some time in the last week. Whenever I try to save from fanfiction.net into a pdf, Kindle, or docx format, I get a "Error: Remote render failed: undefined" message.
- (2020-04-25, v:0.6.53) Sana Sharma: More websites?
First things first, i absolutely love your website! It is by far the fastest and the easiest website for downloading fanfics. Even though I wish it worked with wattpad. That would be wonderful.
- (2019-10-22, v:0.6.49) Natalia Vasilieva: Disappearing button
The download button periodically disappears on ff.net while still present at aooo. Its not there today once again. Thank you in advance
- (2019-09-24, v:0.6.49) Helen Miles: Auto Save
Thanks Steve that will be great.
- (2019-09-17, v:0.6.49) Helen Miles: Auto Save
thanks for answering about the auto save question Steve but i wish you had left it as an option as i only download once a week about 50 or so stories at a time and i was able to do other times at the same time now i am forced to sit here and press enter 50 times. But i do love the app and appreciate all your hard work. Cheers Helen
- (2019-09-09, v:0.6.48) Helen Miles: auto Save on my pc
Hi Steve Just wanted to ask usually when i save items it just saves without asking for confirmation but now each book i save it asking for a prompt, is this something that you have input to the new edition of ficlab do you know or would it be from updates to my computer? I have checked my browser settings but its not that. hope you can help? Thanks Helen
- (2019-06-09, v:0.5.99.3) Mari: Need Java Script to run the app
- (2018-05-19, v:0.5.99.3) Download file
Where is it saving the downloaded files?
- (2018-01-22, v:0.5.99.3) J: Save button
The Save button is missing from Fanfiction and Stars Library (aka TWCS) again today. I hope it will be back soon.
- (2017-09-22, v:0.5.99.3) Helen Miles: Save button
I am not seeing the save button on Fanfiction today.
- (2017-07-25, v:0.5.99.3) J: Where did the Save button go?
I am not seeing the save button on fanfiction or any other site right now.
- (2017-07-24, v:0.5.99.3) Helen Miles: Not working
My ficlab save button is not working on websites fanfiction. net or Stars Library. Can anyone help explain whats wrong as it was working this morning.# Thanks