Select text, right-click, and Microsoft's Immersive Reader will help you read it! NOT ENDORSED BY MICROSOFT!
After you install this [UNOFFICIAL!] extension, you'll be able to select text and right-click it to use Microsoft's Immersive Reader with it! This extension is not published or endorsed by Microsoft in any way, and it's not supported by any company. But I'll keep it going for free as long as its useful!
- (2020-03-15) JAN C: Being a senior citizen this helps me to focus without all the other distractions. I'm happy now to get on the internet. Thank You!!!
- (2020-03-12) Chris Boates: :D stoker%lvlover9xxxxxxxxxxxxx ? ¿ :)
- (2020-02-17) Kai Sugiyama: it bad
- (2020-01-31) Brent Warner: I love this app for supporting my ELLs - so much functionality that can help them process and understand the web better. One thing I wish is that it worked inside Google Docs, so I could have students analyze texts that I provide or customize for them. That would get 6 stars - for now, this app will have to settle for 5.
- (2020-01-28) Abebe Gebregiorgis: ok.
- (2020-01-13) Chris Abrey: If work in a classroom you should check this extension out. Also, check out using Office Lens to convert paper documents to immersive reader format. There are apps for android and IOS. Both offer additional options you may find useful for supporting students with weak reading skills.
- (2019-12-19) Wanda Terral: Thank you so much for this extension! It will be a great addition to our UDL toolbox. I know it works on websites but, since it using the Chrome context menus, it doesn't work inside of G Suite apps (that I can tell) unless the file is published to the web. Any chance you might investigate how to add it to the context menus inside the G Suite apps? :-)
- (2019-12-19) John R. Sowash: Works well on a Chromebook! While there are many text-to-speech extensions this one provides a unique interface and customization options I haven't see in other readers. Nice work!
- (2019-11-12) Rajas MR: Works very well.. job well done by developer
- (2019-10-28) Joe Marquez: We all love the Immersive reader in our Microsoft products. But nearly 70% of all schools have chromebooks where the Immersive reader is not embedded into the platform. Now you can add the Immersive Reader into your Chrome ecosystem by adding the unofficial Immersive Reader Chrome Extension. Find it HERE: bit.ly/GooExtensions
- (2019-10-13) AT Lab Community Vision: It works!!! So easy, thank you!!
- (2019-08-30) Greg&Karyn: THANK YOU! This is going to be so helpful for those using Chromebooks who don't have access to Immersive Reader in Microsoft Edge. I loved that it didn't ask for a bunch of unnecessary permissions. I avoid many extensions because of the permissions factor.