Extension is removing ?fbclid= parameter from URL
- (2019-11-29) Mori gen: It loads the Facebook link as is, with the fbclid in it, so it tags you anyway. It then proceeds to remove it form the URL after the fact. Also leaves ito=article.desktop.share.top.facebook. I mean... this is just doing things on the surface without actually doing what it must.
- (2019-11-01) Uli Herrmann: Works great. Thanks so much. You might also kill the "?dmcid=sm_fb" present in some FB-Links
- (2019-10-10) Martin Plešinger: It actually works. It kills the fbclid parameter in the URL of a non-fb page opened from fb, so one needs not remove the parameter manually for further using the URL.
- (2019-09-20) Jorge Dr: Doesn't work
- (2019-09-19) Corey Holland: Unlike almost all the reviewers here, I dont personally care bout whether or not facebook tracks me and what I do. I just hated the massive string of characters facebook has added to my entire web experience. I click links, and I go to share them, and I have this huge "?fblcid=19873928798732498723..." string that I just dont care about. I USED TO select it and delete it, but now I dont have to. This extension does exactly what I want it to. It removes the "fblcid" from the url at some point (i dont personally care when). Thanks!
- (2019-07-23) Brian Roach: It's OK, but it removes the fbclid part **after** page load. Would prefer it removed it before for better privacy / tracking prevention.
- (2019-07-23) Bartłomiej Malanowski: This is not working at all
- (2019-03-09) Fred Derf: Useless: removes the fbclid= *after* the http request is done (tested it using a server of mine) + renders the right click menu access on a selection very unstable. I removed it.
- (2019-01-23) Will Huang: This is nice! But can you just remove the fbclid before page ready event occur?
- (2019-01-18) Dave Holland: Basically, it doesn't do what it says it does. When I mouseover a link in Facebook, I can see "?fbclid=" in the URL, and it's present in the page after I click the link. This extension doesn't work.
- (2018-12-14) Tyler Tanner: This does not work, sadly. I wish it did. If there's an update that fixes it I'll update my review to reflect.
- (2018-11-20) TN-Man Cheng: Can't remove this string "fb_action_ids=9999999999999999&fb_action_types=og.comments", add the function please. Thanks :)
- (2018-11-17) Federico Santamorena: not working, the fbclid is not actually removed from articles posted on Facebook I don't have any other extension specifically for Facebook so it's not an interference problem
- (2018-11-16) Ath Athanasius: Doesn't appear to actually do what it claims. If it's trying to remove the ?fbclid from URLs as Facebook itself loads then it might be my use of "Social Fixer" interfering. If it's trying to do the removal on any URL clicking then it's definitely not working.
- (2018-12-29, v:1.0.1) Aaron Thoma: fails when dragging a link to a new tab to be opened in foreground