Scratch 3 Developer Tools to enhance your Scratch Editing Experience on https://scratch.mit.edu
Hey I'm Griffpatch from Scratch - For those who are serious about their Scratch Coding, this is the tool for you! :) I've waited too long for an official way in Scratch 3 to jump to custom block definitions, etc... so I've begun to create my own chrome extension that allows for speedy navigation to any custom block, event receiver, or other hat blocks in your project. Now supports locating variable and list references by name and an improved script tidier. Simply install the extension in chrome, and then load up a scratch project. The new Find box will appear (Ctrl + F to jump to it or mouse over it), and all the hat blocks in the current sprite are listed in order of type, name, and then where they are on the page. Click on one (or use keyboard) to jump straight to the block stack in the editor! YAY!!! Much more to come if you like this... and the Scratch Team is willing :) - Course they are *grin* - They love the Scratch community and so do I :) - Enjoy everyone and let me know if there's any problems at: https://scratch.mit.edu/users/griffpatch/ Change Log: 16 Mar 2021 - v1.11.0 ● Fix vanilla "Clean up Blocks" not getting removed in English, now it's removed no matter the language 10 Feb 2020 - v1.9.1 ● Brought in line with Scratch Add-ons - This is now just the dev-tools extension part of the more feature rich Scratch Add-Ons. 4 July 2020 - v0.2.4 ● Bug fix for dragging element out of Ctrl+Space when you begin dragging from a emboldened area of the token 3 July 2020 - v0.2.3 ● Experimental Ctrl + Space block injection ● Fix for input box not appearing on project load. ● Fix for pressing Ctrl+Left or Right while trying to enter text 1 July 2020 - v0.2.1 ● Bug Fixes ● Made Help / Tutorials link fade out when not hovering over toolbar to make interface cleaner 30 June 2020 - v0.2.0 ● Fixed find bar disappearing when going to project page and back ● Support for Mac Meta Key in place of control so that Meta + F works too. ● Keyboard navigation (ctrl + left or right arrows) to get back to where you were, or in costume editor change costumes ● Middle click a block to jump to definition ● Context menu options - clean up (+), copy, cut & Paste at mouse cursor (yay!) ● Switch all instances of variable in sprite with another variable - can be used to great effect to solve problems like where you want to use a for this sprite only vs a for all sprites variable. ● Send sprite costume to top / bottom in costume editor by right clicking a costume. ● Added help + link to tutorials on youtube 20 Sept 2019 - v0.1.3 ● Added Support for searching broadcasts & custom block usages (within same sprite) ● Merged any duplicate events together in dropdown (e.g. when sprite cloned) 20 Sept 2019 - v0.1.0 ● Added Support for searching variables & lists, plus keyboard navigation between usages (left + right arrows). ● Drop down stays open and current item selected until you click away. ● Blocks are only scrolled into view if they are 'off screen' or hidden under the drop down. ● Tidy Up Scripts button - I think this works better than the standard scratch one - it trys to keep the general order of scripts the same, but pushes things out and arranges them neatly. It also removes the orphaned blocks and places them all down the far left for easy deletion. v0.0.1 - Initial Release ● Enjoy!
- (2021-04-19) Dmitry Vasiliev: Very useful!
- (2021-04-15) ProfessorPi: Been using this extention for years. Helps scratch.mit.edu be tolerable in those moments where I am stressed at the lack of functions I am used to in other coding languages. Griffpatch is, to put it bluntly, a based gigachad pogchamp and has been singlehandedly carrying scratch.mit.edu since 2012.
- (2021-04-07) Shlok Prabhu: Incredible. Simple changes that make everything easier for you. Better UI, optimization, QOL, and more. Amazing.
- (2021-03-21) יִנּוֹן יָגֵל: תוסף מעולה
- (2021-03-09) xXTrueFlamePortalXx: Pretty good If I do say so myself.
- (2021-03-09) ComicScrab1939: I love it. It cleans up the blocks better than scratch, and i can find my blocks by simply pressing Ctrl+F
- (2021-03-03) Train Man: All the 5-star reviews aren't lying - i code quite a bit in scratch for fun and this does those small things that make such a big difference with the ease of use of the UI! If you code in scratch at all this is an extension definitely worth installing.
- (2021-01-21) Alexa Sprock: This extension is helpful for my chatbot project im currently working on, helps me remove orphaned reporters just chillin in the middle of nowhere.
- (2020-12-18) Pandude Playz: This is awesome! (But that was clear because it was made by THE griffpatch)
- (2020-11-16) Spaget 2009: I really love this tool. It's compact, easy to use, and really helpful in complex projects. I just have one suggestion, you should be able to change a variable to a cloud variable using the, "rename variable" option.
- (2020-10-31) Ammon Jacob: First off, great extension, use it everytime I log onto scratch. You should add a button to play your scratch tutorials while on the scratch page so you don't need to constantly swap tabs to watch your tutorials!
- (2020-10-28) existance_: i like griffpatch
- (2020-10-23) JT Townsend: This is so useful! I love this extension so much, especially the "find block" bar at the top.
- (2020-10-07) TrueMose: Very cool Griffpatch, very cool. -Helped me a lot with my project Jumping Wizards ( https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/422252222/ )
- (2020-09-06) muff1n.: yey griffpatch!
- (2020-08-27) noam: great just what I needed
- (2020-08-21) Jax Tippets: Awesome extension! I really like the idea. Finding code has never been easier! (Is that the right way to say it? lol...) My suggestion: make it detect left-out blocks that isn't connected to any cap block when you clean up. It also needs an alert. That would also make my code cleaner!
- (2020-08-15) 8402 AKASH KARTHIK: I need help with your scratch team developer tools extension , can you say me how it is working ? .
- (2020-08-03) Joe Clinton: Amazing extension, I use this so much. The clean up tool is really really helpful and so much better than scratches just for being able to preserve columns, and remove unused variables. I also love being able to search for code it makes it a lot easier. One feature that I desperately want is the ability to convert a variable from local to global. I have thousands of uses of variables in my project and to convert all from local to global takes hours. Thanks again for making this!
- (2020-08-02) NotChex: Helped me with variables and scripts but I do wish that there was a way to separate Global Variables from Local Variables
- (2020-07-28) Nathaniel Viofile: it helped me program
- (2020-07-23) Nameless: was helpful
- (2020-07-18) Farouq Hafizhuddin: Cool!
- (2020-07-14) Tahini245: This is an absolute lifesaver. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've had to look for a specific script in my messy workspace. And I've been afraid to use Scratch's 'clean up' function because my comments go over the place. This makes coding in Scratch so much easier.
- (2020-07-05) Surimi Dr: Incroyable grace a cela on comprend mieux les script des autres personnes
- (2020-07-04) kriblo Scratch: I love this extension! I have a tiny (?) request, or suggestion if you will... would it be possible, while you're in there mucking about, to add a toggle box to disable execution of code by clicking or duplicating? This feature can be so annoying, and even nerve-racking sometimes. Anyway, thank you for your great work!
- (2020-07-03) Hagen Family: This works amazingly! The clean up + works like a dream! Also it is very useful the search tool! This is a very well coded extension! Thanks
- (2020-07-03) Cool Scratcher: Very good griffpatch! Clean UI, fits in with Scratch, and is a very helpful feature. Great job, and keep it up!
- (2020-07-03) #Clasherz_GUT: Amazing...
- (2020-07-03) S R: it is very useful and i always use it!!!
- (2020-07-02) loki: it's amazing but sometimes it doesn't appear!
- (2020-07-02) 4j0: really good update!
- (2020-07-01) zdrav prav: Amazing! Here are some features you can add: 1. Disable overlapping of ctrl+z (undo) of scratch and plugin's find bar. 2. Getting variable, list , or custom block from search bar which somehow gets you a new block of that variable, list or custom block. 3,Easier finding desired list for Adding, Deleting, Deleting all,Finding item, item#, length etc. from list (when you have a lot of lists)
- (2020-06-28) たろたろ: 作業の効率が圧倒的に向上しました。最高です。 The efficiency of my work has improved tremendously. It's the best.
- (2020-03-19) Andrew Engelsma: It literally works perfectly! No problems at all! It is so helpful for large projects, letting you easily jump to hat blocks, variables, and "my block" definitions, no more wasting time trying to find that script you need to debug! Just click the button on the top, click the hat block it's on top of, and you can head right to it! This literally saved one of my projects, I had a bunch of variables in wrong slots and couldn't figure out why everything was getting messed up. When I clicked this, I noticed that some variables that weren't supposed to be in the sprite that I was in where there. I replaced them, and it worked perfectly!
- (2020-03-17) ysw421: This is very good! However, after importing the function, an error occurs...
- (2019-12-06) ArnoHu: Great work, so helpful, esp. for large projects
- (2019-10-14) Hayden Fraser: Awesome.I do not know why a 'jump to custom block' drop down option doesn't exist.
- (2019-10-06) Nikey Nine: This is everything I ever wanted. Thanks so much! Are there any other extensions you've been thinking about making? I feel like there's still a ton of quality-of-life changes that could be made to Scratch 3.0.
- (2019-10-06) Davfsa Fdez-Sanguino: This is something that should have been on Scratch long ago. Thank you in the name of many scratchers. This has made our lives so much easier and help us code much faster (now I dont have to spend 10min looking for some code on a huge project)
- (2019-10-06) dragek YT: omg is cool
- (2019-10-06) Brooks Wang: Great extension. Very helpful
- (2019-10-05) Ege: Tam aradığım şey.
- (2019-09-29) Martin Brändli: Awesome, thank you for sharing this!
- (2019-09-20) lego bouwer: great
- (2019-09-17) puzzlerme: THANK YOU SO MUCH I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG!
- (2019-09-16) : jinwon2: Yea!!! good thing you made it, because i was making a progect but i lost a code and found it by using it! Thanks!
- (2019-09-16) Connor O'keefe: Thank you so much for this much needed tool! I love your work!
- (2019-09-15) Canslp: thank you so much i can't believe st still hasn't fixed this in like nine months, you have no idea how much time this saves me
- (2019-09-15) Ben Border: This is so helpful!
- (2020-09-15, v:0.2.4) stefano federici: Adding a setup section to enable/disable the tool features
I love all of your cool additions to Scratch 3, but I must say that I hate the "Improved Code Tidy Up". I hated it in Scratch 2 because it is excruciating difficult to find a script in a project that you didn't write yourself. And I was extremely happy when it was removed from Scratch 3. Now it is back in your cool Tools! I would really like to keep everything but the "Improved Code Tidy Up". It would be really cool if you could add a settings section in your tools, or if you could at least show both options in your menu (or show the old option, e.g., when the user shift-click the script area?).
- (2020-08-27, v:0.2.4) Poteto143: Problem for Backpack
Somehow the "Send to top" and the "Send to bottom" button show up in context menu for things in Backpack and they don't work.
- (2020-08-17, v:0.2.4) Akash Karthik: Copyright
Hi griffpatch , i just want to let you know , this is serious , someone has copied your scratch three developer tools extension , probably cloned it in githhub . He has also added it in the chrome web store , i have reported it , by the way check it out yourself : Here is the link : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scratch-3-developer-tools/bfpdlicnalglgniemfjmbjbadekoilpl/
- (2020-08-07, v:0.2.4) Cool Scratcher: Entering Text issue
When entering text, I sometimes press CTRL+Right arrow and CTRL+Left arrow, but it instead switches the costume, and glitches out the text :0
- (2020-04-14, v:0.1.3) JHON DANIEL ALVARADO MINAYA: como puedo descargar scratch
como puedo descargar
- (2020-03-10, v:0.1.3) Monika Payne: Block Search Bar Disappears
When I go onto the project's info page and then back into the project's code, the search bar disappears until I refresh the page.
- (2020-02-17, v:0.1.3) Zm0ke: cannot find any block other than "var"
cannot find any block other than "var"