Automatically sets the Gfycat GIF to HD.
Gfycat Pro changed the way GIFs load for you, only in SD. This extension sets HD back as the default setting. Just install it and hide it from your Chrome menu. Done! Enjoy your favorite GIFs in HD. Changelog: 1.2.4: - Fixed multiple GIFs loading at once - Fixed GIFs randomly unpausing (might still unpause if the GIFs progress is under 5%) - Fixed other reported issues (If you encounter any bugs, specific GIFs not switching to HD, etc, please open an issue on the Support tab. Also might need to tweak some values based on user feedback.) 1.2.3: Fixed race condition (stopping at start) on some RedGIFs GIFs and fixed share button sometimes popping up. Please feel free to report specific GIFs you encounter issues with at the Support tab. 1.2.2: Fixed switching to HD on RedGIFs new design. 1.2.1: Fixed rare occasions of RedGIFs GIFs not switching to HD. NEW in 1.2: RedGIFs support! Currently supports Gfycat, RedGIFs and reddit.
- (2022-01-09) Tommy: Automatically turns on audio for ALL gifs so expect to be blasted with audio if you use this. it worked before but now it's not.
- (2021-12-10) Prashant Negi: not working for redgifs :(
- (2020-04-08) Ace Strife: Why this extension even needs to be a thing is just baffling. But I guess that's what happens when your platform isn't making money and you decide to charge people for automatically setting gifs to "HD".. when "HD" should be the default in this day and age. Just sad, really.
- (2020-03-14) Nikolay Pavlov: as developer stated there a problem with embedded gifs: "two issues. 1. If you scroll a through a subreddit with the new design, only the first few posts get set to HD, newly loaded GIFs will remain SD. 2. In the old design, if you click the embed button next to the thumbnail in a subreddit overview, it also only loads in SD" but im sure he'll resolve it!
- (2020-02-06) Sidewinder: Works well and my feedback was actively taken into consideration. Very helpful extension.
- (2019-10-17) tiwtfb: It just works
- (2019-09-18) Andy Gilleand: I mean, it's pretty basic. Does what it says. Got rid of an annoyance, thanks! Only suggestion I'd add is to have an option to also remove the default autoplay if you want.
- (2021-12-10, v:1.2.2) ff Studios: Redgifs issue
When embedded redgifs open up on reddit, they start out muted and SD. When I click unmute, the extension appears to switch it to HD, but it becomes muted again. There's also some issues with the control bar but that may be on the redgifs side of their new UI update.
- (2021-06-23, v:1.2) Lucio Libertini: No workie anymore
Redgifs links default to SD again :(
- (2020-08-23, v:1.2) Asif Youssuff: Firefox Port
Hi, I don't see any other way to contact you, but I wanted to let you know that I "ported" this to Firefox (it barely took any work) here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/gfycat-default-hd/ I would be very happy to take it down if you were to release a Firefox version on your own. Also, an open source license would be great if you would rather not support a Firefox version, so I could share it on a source sharing platform.
- (2020-05-18, v:1.1) James Hole: redgifs.com
Man add support for redgifs.com! people will love you!
- (2020-02-06, v:1.1) Sidewinder: Thank you for version 1.1!
It works great for my use (I'm usually on old reddit opening specific posts) so the issues aren't a big deal. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and update it.
- (2020-01-19, v:1.0) Sidewinder: Works on gfycat URLs, but doesn't work with embedded GIFs
Hi, thanks so much for making this extension! Just one issue: it works on links that are on the gfycat domain, but it doesn't seem to work on embedded gifs. Example: Here's a gfycat embedded in a reddit post: https://redd.it/7od65p. It doesn't switch to HD. Here's the direct link to the same thing where it works: https://gfycat.com/tallpastirishsetter. I don't browse gfycat directly - I mainly see things on it that have been posted to other sites such as reddit. If you could make it work on embedded gifs as well that would be fantastic. Thanks!