Automatically loads HD (or any) quality and disable user's featured video autostart. Source: https://github.com/peter-lang/autohd
Ver 1.1: - fixed youtube urls with hashtag Ver 1.2: - added JS API to work with HTML5 players - added Options to set Preferred Resolution for JS API Ver 1.2.4: - added OpenSource github location - added fancy icons Ver 1.2.6: - removed old Flash API (hd=1 query param) - disable autostart of a user's featured video Ver 1.2.9: - added volume & seek scroll features - option page redesign
- (2020-08-23) Ethan Bayliss: Broken as of 23/8/20
- (2019-10-30) Toni Siik: Maybe you can add music.youtube.com, so it works there too. Normally you can't choose quality..
- (2019-10-09) E E: (UNFORTUNATELY, BUT) Not working!
- (2019-04-19) Vladyslav Liebiediev: Finally Open Source :) Works like a charm. Thank you Láng Péter. You made a great job!
- (2018-08-06) angelo: I need to see video at 1440p but the option is only to 1080 or max that can be 5k or 4k WHIch i dont want/need!!!
- (2018-06-05) TheOneShaun: Awesome, the other Auto HD extensions are poor and has extra features and icons that only gets in the way. This one however, awesome. Good job!
- (2017-12-19) Habibi Zulkarnain Amir: if can , i want request to add some feature 60fps on selected best video
- (2017-11-22) Xavier Walton: This one actually works for html5 videos I hate switching to 480 or 720 everytime thank you
- (2015-08-05) SoggyFries: This actually works for html5 as advertised! Also works flawlessly on the Vivaldi browser for embedded videos also.
- (2014-08-04) Aaron Horler: It appears as if "&hd=1" no longer works.
- (2014-07-06) Lucas von Rickenbach: i love it, tiny and does what it has to do, super :)
- (2014-06-25) ChillOutGamingZone Ultramarino: Doesn't work instantly upon playback, the absolute requirement. Fail.
- (2014-02-18) Joshua Pattillo: Works and doesn't require the unnecessary permissions that so many other similar extensions require.
- (2014-02-08) Keith N: black screen
- (2014-01-27) Betim Tasholli: Works SUPERB!!
- (2014-01-20) Pedro Carlos: works just fine finally lol
- (2013-12-16) Chloe R: Actually works immediately after download & doesn't request to access your browsing history or data. Excellent extension.
- (2013-11-28) Gergely Illés: Best Xtension eva' bro'
- (2013-11-04) Alexander Lapin: Best extention for youtube ever! Thanks.
- (2013-11-02) I Amato: Finaly one that works. My previous extension wasnt working anymore thanks to all the changes youtube underwent.
- (2013-10-19) Miklós Béres: fasza
- (2019-10-09, v:1.2.9) E E: Not working at all for me - theres error in my chrome:
..there's error in my chrome: A cookie associated with a resource at http://google.com/ was set with `SameSite=None` but without `Secure`. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies marked `SameSite=None` if they are also marked `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
- (2018-05-09, v:1.2.9) Chase Willits: Auto vs HD
When using it selects the auto(HD) option when the option for 1080p+ is selected