Plays local videos on Chrome/Chromecast (with subtitles) and playback control from your mobile device.
Now you can play local videos (movies on your desktop) on Chromecast (or Chrome) and control (play, pause, etc) from your mobile device. All you have to do is drop some directory with .MP4 files (supports subdirectories) or drop the .MP4 file into your Chrome browser. You can choose the movie directly on Chrome or access http://cinez.me/p from your mobile and the control will be in your hand. ALLOW EXTENSION: Access chrome://extensions/ and CHECK "Allow access to file URLs" from "cast player" extension. CHROMECAST USERS!! This is the solution to play local files in your Chromecast (with subtitles). Just cast the Chrome tab and voilà! SUBTITLES support! You just need to have an .SRT file with the same name as the movie and in the same directory. Release notes: 0.7.0: Bugfixes 0.6.6: Small improvements. 0.6.5: Support movies and subtitles from other protocols (not just 'file://'). 0.6.4: Small improvements. 0.6.3: Bug fix: Modal was displayed in invalid files. 0.6.2: Now you can change the subtitle color (yellow or white) on 'settings' (default is yellow). Bug fix: Few subtitle's sentences were not being displayed. 0.6.1: Small improvements. 0.6: Now you can change some settings like subtitle encoding (default is ISO 8859-1) and the minimum file size to be listed (default is 100MB). 0.5: Finally a progress bar to go to any time in movie. 0.4: Now you have a exclusive window to drop your file or folder and a new interface on movies list page. 0.3.1: Bug fix: Files with uppercase extension didn't work. 0.3: Fullscreen feature! 0.2.1: Bug fix: The list was erased with particular character in filename. 0.2: Now, if you drag file directly to Chrome, the remote control works. 0.1.2: Description update. 0.1.1: Bug fix: Some subtitles didn't appear. 0.1: Published.
- (2020-01-12) Vincent Jouve: Ne fonctionne pas (Ubuntu 18.04 with CHrome 79)
- (2019-12-29) Rodina Fajxova Zelezny Brod, Cesky raj: Proste to nefunguje.... vsechno je nainstalovane, nastavene... bohuzel chybi polozka "Cast to" a uznejte.... na to abyste prehrali video na osobnim pocitaci vam staci libovolny prehravac... tady melo jit o prehravani pres chromecast....
- (2019-11-10) Jonatan Chinchilla Arias: Muy buena aplicación.
- (2019-10-25) ger baz: subtitles play on chrome tab while only the video on chromecast
- (2019-10-22) Dave Duffner: Used to be great but with every Chrome update it gets less and less worth dealing with!!
- (2019-10-13) Kim YongHyun: This is a great program for working with mp4 files that mkchromecast can't. It also shows subtitles such as Korean and English. One problem is that subtitles disappear when "optimize full screen" option is selected. Except for this, there seems to be no problem playing mp4. Can you fix it?
- (2019-09-04) Patrick Gough: A useful add on when other methods of casting, etc dont work. started having problems w Amazon Prime wont play vid or cast w chrome claims old chrome version but its a hiccup on their end. However, you can bring amazon upin chrome as usual, instead click to play, drop it in the cast player tab and voila, both player and casting worked.
- (2019-08-17) Janie Lise Espander Jensen: ingen lydmulighed
- (2019-08-11) Kenneth Fagermo: Not working... :/
- (2019-08-08) Brad Defnet: worked for me! awesome
- (2019-03-17) Andrey Sávio: nao abre arquivos mkv
- (2019-02-07) Jody Hughes: doesn't work
- (2019-01-02) Georges Madar: Fonctionne en suivant le tip ici : https://debian-facile.org/viewtopic.php?pid=288194#p288194
- (2018-12-30) Bartosz Błaszczyk: not working....
- (2018-12-17) curtis nelson: this is one of the best app ever. i cast with this to my fire stick and thru chromecast
- (2018-12-07) Caleb Smith: This app has literally saved my life! I stream my local files to Rabbit, this allows you to rabbitcast/play your local video files as well as offers local subtitles to accompany them. 10/10 Love it!
- (2018-12-03) David Mendelow: Does not work. A sham
- (2018-11-27) Starluxury tv: on
- (2018-09-29) Andy Lin: This extension of chrome is helpful to me. Thanks.
- (2018-09-10) Laith Ibrahim: No subtitle is working with this extension
- (2018-09-05) Chris Currier: It works for me, but the mobile link does not. I assume this needs updates to work properly.
- (2018-08-05) Dream Haven: Needs attention. Doesn't work.
- (2018-08-04) Leonardo Fernando: muito bom
- (2018-06-13) U Thaw Bana: ok
- (2018-05-29) Ivaylo Petrov: Doesnt suport some video formats
- (2019-10-13, v:0.7.6) Kim YongHyun: subtitles disappear when "optimize full screen" option is selected.
This is a great program for working with mp4 files that mkchromecast can't. It also shows subtitles such as Korean and English. One problem is that subtitles disappear when "optimize full screen" option is selected. Except for this, there seems to be no problem playing mp4. Can you fix it?
- (2019-07-31, v:0.7.6) Amir Shay: subtitles are not loaded/displayed
subtitles are not loaded/displayed although they're in the same folder as the video and with the same file name (except the suffix of course)
- (2019-03-06, v:0.7.3) john randle: No Sound
Video works but no sound. No support for .mkv files??
- (2018-12-01, v:0.7.3) your google
your google+ profile picture
- (2018-11-20, v:0.7.3) cool
- (2018-11-14, v:0.7.3) Francisco Pajuelo Machuca: pajuelo
- (2018-10-28, v:0.7.3) Très mauvaise qualité d'image
Impossible de régler la qualité d'image via " Option" car le lien est inactif. (Il est grisé.)
- (2018-09-05, v:0.7.1) Chris Currier: mobile link does not work for me
Can't get the mobile link to work...get the 'nothing to control' page. Using Chrome on Linux Mint 18.3.
- (2018-05-29, v:0.6.35) Alexandre Velozo: volume
NAO CONSIGO AUMENTAR O VOLUME, ME AJUDEM
- (2018-05-06, v:0.6.35) casting