This extension pauses Spotify when playing audio or video in another tab. Chrome 45+ only. Try shortcuts: Cmd+Shift+(8/9/0).
If you are a regular Spotify listener (on web, not via app), and wish that you could temporarily pause music while you listen to music or watch a video in another tab, this is the extension you want. While Spotify is playing, if you start watching a video or play any other audio in another chrome tab, this extension will automatically pause Spotify, and once the other tab stops making sound, it will restart the playback. There are also 3 universal keyboard shortcuts (meaning they will work even if Chrome is not in focus, you can use while doing anything on your computer), Cmd+Shift+ (8/9/0) - give these a try to see what they do. (Ctrl for windows and linux.) Enjoy!
- (2019-01-27) Works great ! Very useful
- (2018-12-05) Vince Aggrippino: Works beautifully. There's a slight delay between the when the video starts playing and when Spotify pauses, but it's not a problem at all.
- (2018-03-28) Yanis Lukes: Why didn't I think of searching for this before! May unpause while watching a video of the video has a silent part for too long though.
- (2017-08-14) Chris Attard: Nice one works exactly as describe.Can you add a function to autoplay spotify when open open.spotify.com site?
- (2016-12-04) Jamie Cook: Works really well. There occasionally can be a small overlap with video and music audio but nothing that causes a problem.
- (2016-04-06) Darius Drascol: Works as advertised. Properly pauses and unpauses Spotify in correlation to tab audio.
- (2015-11-19) Shashi K: Well, I wrote this extension - so I have to give it 5 stars! Let me know if you run into any issues and I'll try to resolve them ASAP.
- (2019-11-16, v:0.1.3) Abhinav Tumu: Would like to see the source code
Hi, I am also a developer and am making a similar app. Would you mind sharing the repository with me so I can take a look? Thanks!
- (2018-03-28, v:0.1.3) Yanis Lukes: Unpauses during silent intermissions of a video
May unpause while watching a video when a silent part comes up in the middle of it. Especially in near noiseless conversations and podcasts.
- (2017-05-04, v:0.1.2) Same as below
This add-on is very useful for us at work and we have been quite dependent on it. It would be really great if you could manage to fix this issue. Hopefully it will be easy for you since it's just the url that has changed
- (2017-04-14, v:0.1.2) Jamie Cook: play.spotify has changed to open.spotify
Hi, It seems that the web based version of Spotify has been updated recently including the url from play.spotify.com to open.spotify.com meaning this add on does not register that Spotify is playing. Thank you for what has been a fantastic add on so far. I hope this is easy for you to fix. -Jamie Cook
- (2016-08-16, v:0.1.2) Option Make It Faster!
Please, give us an option in ms to make the pause faster!
- (2016-08-02, v:0.1.2) Whitelist
Some audios are needed, like Slack or other messaging services. It would be great to let some domains to play sound without pausing.
- (2016-03-18, v:0.1.2) Emin Jasarevic: Remote Spotify app control?
Would something like this be possible, but to control the Spotify app (not web) on an other computer (Windows) in the network? So when my laptops Chrome starts playing sounds, the HTPC Spotify should pause :)