Adds video playback controls (seek bar, volume, play/pause, download video button) to Instagram™ Embedded Videos in web pages.
This tiny and efficient extension adds standard video playback controls to Instagram™ videos. Normally, all you can do with an Instagram™ video is play or pause it, but this extension will expose the native Chrome HTML 5 video player which has a seek bar, a volume control, a play/pause button, Picture-In-Picture (floating video) button, fullscreen video button, and a download video button! Additionally, if you adjust the volume of a video, the volume will be remembered for future videos. This feature can be disabled in the extension config, if desired. You also have the ability to change the video playback speed between 1/2 to 4x normal speed. You must set this speed in the extension config. The download Video button is very convenient - just click it, and the video file will download! The extension automatically runs and works on all web pages that embed Instagram™ videos! How to use it: 1) Load any web page that contains an Instagram video 2) Click the video to make it play 3) That's it - the extension will automatically detect the video and will reveal the control buttons. If you want to change the extension configuration (i.e., to set playback speed), click the extension icon found in the top-right of your browser, and then select "Options". Legal: Instagram™ is a registered trademark. This extension was developed independently of Instagram™, by someone who is not related or affiliated with Instagram™, without any help or endorsement from them. This extension was previously named "Instagram Controls" until early 2018. --------- Changelog --------- Nov 2, 2019 V1.15 - Expand allowed playback rate range. Oct 30, 2019 V1.14 - Add ability to set video playback speed. Also, enable the "remember volume" feature by default. Sept 29, 2019 V1.13 - Add ability to automatically remember the volume of videos. Jun 8, 2019 V1.11 - Update to react to Instagram changes, fixing support for stories page. May 18, 2019 V1.10 - Show controls on videos in stories. Also, fix play/pause bug when clicking on center of videos. V1.9 - Update readme. V1.8 - Efficiency improvement. V1.6 - More reliably detect videos on instgram.com pages that use modal dialogs. V1.5 - Update to react to Instagram changes. V1.4 - Update to react to Instagram changes. V1.3 - Renamed Extension. V1.2 - Added trademark notice. V1.1 - Improve compatibility to work on more sites, including instagram.com website and other, non instagram.com sites. V1.0 - Initial release.
- (2020-01-10) Charles: Great no more bleeding ears
- (2019-12-06) wisNia: No volume control.
- (2019-11-24) Jim Mac: Lots of potential, but very buggy. I find it playing videos that aren't in focus, plus some other minor annoyances, such as not remembering the audio volume like it says it should.
- (2019-10-29) Drew Flores: Works as described. You have to rollover your mouse to the lower part of the video and adjust the Volume. You can also save the volume you want via the PLAY logo of the extension on Chrome - Options - Remember video Volume Level.
- (2019-07-31) Kadir Gün: Can you add remember volume feature? Maybe you can use localStorage for that.
- (2019-07-01) Nicholas Swigart: Can't believe Instagram didn't add this feature. Great job, Thank you.
- (2019-06-05) ebennett365: does not do anything
- (2019-03-16) Aurelina Ruiz Jimenez: Mejor imposible
- (2018-12-17) vovx21: Im using Chrome 51.0.2704.106_x64. Controls works well but i need to click twice in order to start video. What can I do to deal with this? p.s. good thing you add changelog to overview☺
- (2018-11-03) hue hue: No volume slider as shown in the picture, only a mute button.
- (2018-10-22) Stanley: Currently (10/21/2018) does what it says on the tin.
- (2018-10-13) Rainbow Warrior Princess: BUG: When the video ends, the whole screen becomes black, please fix this!
- (2018-07-01) Валсо Дар: This extension has potential but the volume slider doesn't appear when the cursor is over it. If the speaker is clicked, this just mutes the sound.
- (2019-09-30, v:1.12) Michael: This is not currently working
Hope you can get it fixed
- (2019-09-23, v:1.11) Benjamin Lindley: Allow volume adjust/mute before pressing play on a video
A lot of instagram videos have their annoying music blasting right from the start, so I have to press play, and then race my mouse across to mute it while my ear is being raped.