Adds video playback controls to Instagram videos embedded in web pages (seek bar, volume, play/pause, download video button).
This tiny and efficient extension adds standard video playback controls to Instagram™ videos. Normally, all you can do with an Instagram™ video is play or pause it, but this extension will expose the native Chrome HTML 5 video player which has a seek bar, a volume control, a play/pause button, Picture-In-Picture (floating video) button, fullscreen video button, and a download video button (the download button only functions on a small percentage of videos). Additionally, if you adjust the volume of a video, the volume will be remembered for future videos. This feature can be disabled in the extension config, if desired. You also have the ability to change the video playback speed in the extension config. The extension automatically runs and works on all web pages that embed Instagram™ videos! How to use it: 1) Load any web page that contains an Instagram video 2) Click the video to make it play 3) That's it - the extension will automatically detect the video and will reveal the control buttons. If you want to change the extension configuration (i.e., to set playback speed), click the extension icon found in the top-right of your browser, and then select "Options". Legal: Instagram™ is a registered trademark. This extension was developed independently of Instagram™, by someone who is not related or affiliated with Instagram™, without any help or endorsement from them. This extension was previously named "Instagram Controls" until early 2018. --------- Changelog --------- Oct 12th, 2020 V1.24 - More reliably avoid "Send Message" box from overlaying controls on Story videos. Also, hopefully avoid rare case of stuttering videos. Aug 17th, 2020 V1.23 - Potential Bugfix for disappearing videos/images on some pages. Aug 5th, 2020 V1.21 - Bugfix for disappearing videos on some pages. Jul 18th, 2020 V1.19 - On some Story videos, resize the video a bit so the "Send Message" text box doesn't overlay the video controls. 2nd attempt. May 11th, 2020 V1.18 - Undo previous change to Story videos, which affected some non-story videos and broke them. May 9th, 2020 V1.17 - On some stories, move the video a bit so the "Send Message" text box doesn't overlay the video controls. Apr 2nd, 2020 V1.16 - Fix bug sometimes causing wrong video to play when clicking. Nov 2, 2019 V1.15 - Expand allowed playback rate range. Oct 30, 2019 V1.14 - Add ability to set video playback speed. Also, enable the "remember volume" feature by default. Sept 29, 2019 V1.13 - Add ability to automatically remember the volume of videos. Jun 8, 2019 V1.11 - Update to react to Instagram changes, fixing support for stories page. May 18, 2019 V1.10 - Show controls on videos in stories. Also, fix play/pause bug when clicking on center of videos. V1.9 - Update readme. V1.8 - Efficiency improvement. V1.6 - More reliably detect videos on instgram.com pages that use modal dialogs. V1.5 - Update to react to Instagram changes. V1.4 - Update to react to Instagram changes. V1.3 - Renamed Extension. V1.2 - Added trademark notice. V1.1 - Improve compatibility to work on more sites, including instagram.com website and other, non instagram.com sites. V1.0 - Initial release.
- (2021-09-16) Just a Beard: Works as expected, although it does break in DMs. Any video sent in direct messages will appear as an unclickable white box. Videos in dms are playable if the extension is disabled, but I hope you guys will fix this issue if this is still maintained
- (2021-09-06) Asqhal Payvey: This extension is very useful for Instagram websites because it can control the volume, but there is a slight problem and this extension is no longer being taken care of, it seems that way.
- (2021-09-05) İhsan Ay: Gayet güzel, normalde video sesleri çok yüksek oluyordu, bu yüzden kurdum ama tam ekran yapabilme, ileri geri alabilme vs de eklenince süper oldu. Son ses yüksekliğini de kayıtlı tutuyor, sürekli uğraşmak durumunda kalmıyorsunuz.
- (2021-08-29) Antowa Kartowa: Just checked. Seek bar, volume control, full screen are present as well as option Picture in picture, but not download option. And context menu on mouse right click has also disabled download option. Don't know why, maybe because of blob url, but it doesn't work.
- (2021-08-29) Emirhan Koç: I wish I had discovered it earlier
- (2021-08-11) João Pedro: Brabo, agora não fico mais surdo assistindo os vídeos do Instagram. (•_•)
- (2021-07-22) Mohamadreza Nazari: excellent , i was seeking for this extension for a long time..
- (2021-07-12) João Carlos: Instalei e pegou na hora. Agora posso ver o tempo do vídeo e com a barra para já poder ir para o final. Faltou só um acelerador mas já está bom demais. Obrigado.
- (2021-07-02) i j: volume remember not work
- (2021-06-13) l Lyk: muito pequena a hud
- (2021-06-04) Matus William Horecny: doesnt work, at least on feed
- (2021-05-07) Eric Harris: This extension is a godsend. Why instagram still doesn't have basic video controls in 2021 is beyond me, but at least we have this.
- (2021-04-28) vigg: Affects searching things on google for no reason.
- (2021-04-21) wolf: thank uu
- (2021-04-04) Ponce de Leão: 04/04/2021 funcionando perfeitamente !
- (2021-03-18) 3RQZ: Amazing been looking for something like this from ages. ty
- (2021-02-17) Antônio Humberto Zani: Não funcionou no meu, hoje em 17/02/2021
- (2021-02-12) Alefba Phar: Please add option to Auto-Unmute when I open Videos from an Instagram Profile. Thanks.
- (2021-02-11) Nabi K.A.Z.: It would be nice if you could add speed and deceleration (playbackRate) to the controls of video.
- (2021-02-05) v d: Top Extension. I should never worrie about that my ears start to bleed cause of the high volume. But therefore I manage also that the double click on videos for like does not work any longer.
- (2021-01-20) EinsZweiDrei: Bisher keine Bugs gefunden. Bin begeistert!
- (2020-12-10) Lucas: The download button stopped working but overall its pretty useful. Download button was very helpful though.
- (2020-11-04) Perry GND: It's a very good extension till I couldn't download videos anymore. Can anyone help me with this?
- (2020-10-22) A_21_Muhammad Naufaldi Farraz: Why it's not showing the download button anymore?
- (2020-10-13) William Loh: i've had an issue for a long time now, of instagram videos blasting my ears when i'm browsing on my computer... this literally saves me from instantly muting every instagram video, so that's amazing!
- (2020-10-07) Jose Antonio Gomez: Hace exactamente lo que dice, y lo hace bien
- (2020-09-29) Dango Z: I've been also having this similar problem from what Ammar said in the reviews. From time to time, if I look in my group chats in my DM's, the messages will load for a couple seconds, then all the shared posts will just disappear, leaving only text messages and usernames that are in the group DM. This also happens when trying to view some IGTV videos. I don't have a way to reproduce this as it happens randomly. The extension itself as a volume control works fine, but this problem has been happening for a while now. I tried disabling other extensions and seems to be only affected from this extension. EDIT: Issue has been fixed. This is definitely best extension you can get for simple video controls.
- (2020-08-24) the best one of all i can stop video and play the video keep it
- (2020-08-20) Tiryaki: Çok kullanışlı teşekkürler
- (2020-08-10) Michal Dvorak: Oh my God, finally a way to turn down the volume on Instagram! I love you!!
- (2020-07-31) Acepix: This extension is full of bugs, for example it deletes story and photos from the instagram page i'm looking at
- (2020-07-31) Ammar: good extension, it used to work perfectly before but recently it started hiding every single picture/video on the page.
- (2020-07-21) billy: Does what Instagram should have done.
- (2020-07-14) Ana Paula Fernandez: Video Playback Rate no working!
- (2020-06-25) Peter: Excelent! Just what I was missing in Instagram videos. So convinient!
- (2020-06-25) Jordan B.: suddenly stopped working as of yesterday
- (2020-01-10) CharlesLaBaguette: Great no more bleeding ears
- (2019-12-06) wisNia: No volume control.
- (2019-11-24) Jim Mac: Lots of potential, but very buggy. I find it playing videos that aren't in focus, plus some other minor annoyances, such as not remembering the audio volume like it says it should.
- (2019-10-29) Drew Flores: Works as described. You have to rollover your mouse to the lower part of the video and adjust the Volume. You can also save the volume you want via the PLAY logo of the extension on Chrome - Options - Remember video Volume Level.
- (2019-07-31) Kadir Gün: Can you add remember volume feature? Maybe you can use localStorage for that.
- (2019-07-01) Nicholas Swigart: Can't believe Instagram didn't add this feature. Great job, Thank you.
- (2019-06-05) ebennett365: does not do anything
- (2019-03-16) Aurelina Ruiz Jimenez: Mejor imposible
- (2018-12-17) vovx21: Im using Chrome 51.0.2704.106_x64. Controls works well but i need to click twice in order to start video. What can I do to deal with this? p.s. good thing you add changelog to overview☺
- (2018-11-03) hue hue: No volume slider as shown in the picture, only a mute button.
- (2018-10-22) Stanley: Currently (10/21/2018) does what it says on the tin.
- (2018-10-13) Rainbow Warrior Princess: BUG: When the video ends, the whole screen becomes black, please fix this!
- (2018-07-01) Валсо Дар: This extension has potential but the volume slider doesn't appear when the cursor is over it. If the speaker is clicked, this just mutes the sound.
- (2021-09-06, v:1.23) Asqhal Payvey: Insta Story
Can you fix volume button on instagram story, because the volume button is covered in the chat column.
- (2021-03-09, v:1.23) Reju K: Videos which are sent through dms cant be seen
Videos which are sent through dms cant be seen. They just bug out
- (2020-12-25, v:1.23) lad bass boost: Download video button has disappeared
Is there any chance of it returning?
- (2020-12-23, v:1.23) bokbok bokbok: i cant download videos anymore
i cant download videos anymore is there a fix
- (2020-12-17, v:1.23) The Mordosh: Download button no longer working
The download button does not longer work. Even the right-click and "save the video" doesn't work.
- (2020-12-12, v:1.23) Jordan B.: Download button not working
Downlaod button no longer appears and you cant download videos in general even if you right click it. My guess is instagram changed the way they host videos because i checked and compared the urls from now and before, and its changed in certain places. Could this be fixed somehow ?
- (2020-10-12, v:1.22) Dhuta Azikira: Problem with player
The player seems to play at 2x if sound is muted and if the sound is on the the player is trying to match the speed of video and sound leading to pausing and resuming uncontrollably i checked the video playback setting and it is at 1 (normal speed)
- (2020-08-02, v:1.19) Michael: Making some videos disappear
For example: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDXT_ownWOj/
- (2020-05-21, v:1.18) Emm N.: Unable to access controls
Hi! When using it on stories, the Send Message form is right on top of the controls (on z axis). While I can make it go away with uBO, would it be possible to move that form a little above the controls?
- (2020-05-12, v:1.18) guniu: V1.18
I see you reverted the 1.17 change so now stories are broken again. Is there anyway I can get 1.17 back? Or maybe a new setting in Options for those who want to enable it and don't care about other videos being broken with it enabled? I just want the fixed stories back somehow.
- (2020-05-12, v:1.17) Elias Thalassochoritis: Controls for Instagram - Post VS Stories
Hi, I saw that you improved the stories by shrinking the y and making the video smaller by vertical so we can have access on the controls (genius one), but it happens also on posts and appears like that: https://i.imgur.com/LOVp3og.png , do you think that you can improve it?
- (2020-05-11, v:1.17) Theo Queiroz: Last update
I think the last update Instagram pushed to the web version broke something. First, profile pages won't load the first time, I always have to press F5 once or twice. Then videos sometimes won't play or play sized to 2x2 inches. This started to happen yesterday and I have tried with the extension disabled to see if it was the culprit.
- (2020-05-11, v:1.17) Henk ter Heide: picture is tiny
The progress bar has moved to almost the top of the window and the picture is an inch by an inch
- (2020-03-12, v:1.15) Александр Дороненко: Conflict in stories
http://prntscr.com/rfdcun I can’t click on the sound control because of the bar below with the function of sending a message to the story. Could you fix this please?
- (2020-02-22, v:1.15) Rnksts: Page and carousel are scrolled automatically when a video post loads
When a video post is loaded and the extension does it's thing, in addition to adding playback controls it will scroll the page to it automatically. For example, if in the feed the third post is a video, when the homepage is loaded the page will automatically scroll to this post, same happens when scrolling through the feed as post are loaded. Also, on carousel post, if it contains a video not in the first position, instead of displaying the first slide it will show the video from another slide on top.
- (2019-09-30, v:1.12) Michael: This is not currently working
Hope you can get it fixed
- (2019-09-23, v:1.11) Benjamin Lindley: Allow volume adjust/mute before pressing play on a video
A lot of instagram videos have their annoying music blasting right from the start, so I have to press play, and then race my mouse across to mute it while my ear is being raped.