Tints the web pages you visit without the need for an overlay
The best web page tinting tool for Chrome: nOverlay (as in no-overlay) tints web pages without the need for a physical or software overlay - so no more washed-out text or off-putting tinted image! nOverlay started life as a tool that I wrote for my dyslexic wife whilst she was studying at University. The tool worked so well for her that she urged me to develop it further and release it to the world - nOverlay is the result of her relentless requests and she assures me that she now simply cannot browse the web without it! Far from being just an aid for dyslexic web users, nOverlay can potentially make browsing easier for users with Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome (SSS), those who have a light sensitivity or even people who simply don't like bright white web pages! · Tint web pages without an overlay - text and images remain unaltered · Customise any of the 8 bundled colour profiles or create your very own · Override page fonts with the OpenDyslexia font · Create custom profiles for specific web sites which load automatically · Tint background images or remove them completely Advanced settings allow for complete control: Choose to tint strictly white and grey-ish backgrounds or choose to tint a wider colour range so that sites such as Facebook (which has a very light blue background) are tinted the way you like! With nOverlay you decided how you view the web! Proactve support: If you have a problem using nOverlay then feel free to get in touch at http://www.noverlay.com/contactus - I promise you'll get a response personally! Pay what you think nOverlay is worth and an half goes to charity: nOverlay is free to use but if you choose to contribute what you can afford to help keep nOverlay in development then I'll donate an entire 50% to dyslexic charities! Your private data is your own: You'll see a notice about nOverlay needing access to your history and browsing data but this is nothing to worry about. The message is automatically generated because nOverlay runs in every tab - I assure you that absolutely none of your private data will be looked at! ==================== Changes in this version (v184.108.40.206) · Minor code changes to better adhere to Chrome store policies. (A bigger update is well under-way - stay tuned.) Previous Updates: v220.127.116.11 · Fixed an image loading bug which arose after a recent Chrome update. Background images should now be tinted as they were prior to the Chrome update roll-out. v1.1.1 · Numerous bug fixes, optimisations and enhancements - Many pages will now be tinted significantly faster than in the previous version. · Introduction of a "loading shade" - A shaded overlay will dim pages as they are loading to help prevent the "blinding effect". The shade is removed automatically once the page has been fully tinted. · The "update frequency" option has been removed - nOverlay will now only react to on-page changes when they occur. · All background images are now tinted as default for new profiles. ==================== Found a bug or nOverlay isn't quite working the way you'd expect? Submit a bug report at http://www.noverlay.com/submitabug and I'll get to work on it as soon as possible! ====================
- (2018-10-05) Agathe Richy: Personnalisation des couleurs absolument génial. Ça a vraiment aidé un de mes élèves qui avait un problème de lecture à cause du noir sur blanc.
- (2018-06-02) 刘天恩: Nice. I like it.
- (2018-03-26) Rach C: As someone with Irlen syndrome, this extension is a godsend. It tints the entire screen in whatever colour you need and, unlike other tinters I tried, doesn't affect pictures/videos or the colour of the text itself.
- (2018-03-25) Ruth Cheesley: Simple way to change the overlay colour on your Chrome browser and/or enable open dyslexic font. I have Irlens and struggle like the author with bright screens. I was able to set the green tint to just the right shade, and enable the Open Dyslexic font which is exactly what I was looking for all bundled in the same plugin. It works perfectly with pretty much everything I've tried, the only exception being Google Docs (some issues with formatting/layout using the OD font which are probably not the fault of the plugin!). Particularly like the ability to set profiles for specific sites as well, nice touch!
- (2018-03-15) Katie Tierney: Its good but It doesn't work on online pdf files! This is what I needed it for as I am really struggling to read very long articles I need to read for class. It works on all the other sites that I don't really need it on.
- (2017-10-30) Paweł Żurawski: I wan't to tint page always. Why there is no such option?
- (2017-04-03) Irina Svetlowa: Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "nOverlay". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2017-04-01) Yusuf Alper BOZAR: http://www.sportbosstv.com/ dont remove overlay
- (2017-01-23) Sage Stefanick: This makes reading so much easier!
- (2016-12-08) Bigattck Firecat: this thing is such a fake, it doesnt block overlays ads!
- (2016-12-03) Angie Ouchakova: fab. minimalist. nice colour choices.
- (2016-11-23) Chelsea Quake: Great! Helps a lot!
- (2016-11-20) Essie Mcleod: very helpfull thanx
- (2016-09-02) Michelle Davis: Does a much better job than any of the other overlay options I've tried. Just switched to Chrome from IE and this extension is the reason why, since Chrome doesn't have the ignore colours of web page option that IE does I was waiting for someone to come up with an alternative and this is so much better as it doesn't override images, just the hard to read/painful white backgrounds. This means that finding buttons on webpages is no longer a matter of memory or trial and error. In short this extension is perfect for me. ... Now I just need something to do the same to all of Windows....
- (2016-05-10) sam jackson: fantstic worked perfectly
- (2016-04-18) tony pearman: Subtle and good
- (2015-12-15) rufioh: Really useful. There's a couple of things I'd like to see improved. But having this extension has made reading walls of text so much easier. I would definitely recommend this.
- (2015-09-20) Zandrae Pyreanor: This changes the background color of webpages. Unfortunately, it does not change the color of text on webpages. Those who need a background color like #725fa9 may not be able to read the grey text. An option to force-change text colors would put his over the top. For now I use it in conjunction with another piece of software called "Change Colors" when fonts get pesky.
- (2015-04-15) Louricus Taljaard: It Works well only plugin I found that well
- (2015-02-22) MASTER METALLIAN: My eyes thank you for such a cool extension.
- (2014-12-14) kaidei Kirbell: Fabulous for when my friend with dyslexia comes over or I have a migraine. great work!
- (2014-10-30) Roy Taylor: This is just what I have been searching for. This is a brilliant, amazing plugin that allows you to chose the desired colour and shade you wish to have on your monitor / screen with just a few clicks of the mouse. No more do I have to endure the glare of a white background when online. You can also change the shade and colour at any given time, once done, just refresh the page and hey presto! I now no longer have to endure the glare of my screen (more so in the evening) whilst browsing the net or even when I am on Facebook chatting. I cannot believe someone has not invented this simple yet ingenious effective plugin before. It will clearly benefit many people who suffer from vision issues, like myself who is light sensitive or even those who browse at night and require a softer light being illuminated from their screen. I no longer need to turn the brightness down on my laptop as the nOverlay softens the light without distorting the page and everything on it. I highly recommend this plugin as it's versatile usage is not just for those with Dyslexia or SSS, it can be used by everyone. I am amazed this is a free plugin though donations are accepted with 50% going to charity. How many companies do that eh? I'm happy with my purchase and highly recommend it to everyone. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!
- (2014-10-28) Julie Kennard: Exactly what I needed. Fantastic plugin :D