This extension can hide or remove selected elements on a page. Useful for removing invasive adverts, banners and overlays.
The primary feature of this extension allows users to hide any element on the page with a simple right-click menu action. Advanced features on the Options page also allows the user to automatically close invasive popup windows, as well as automatically hide selected elements when the page is loaded. Several other customizable settings are also available on the Options page. NOTE: - The primary right-click functionality of this extension does not permanently hide the element. Any page refresh will bring back the full page as intended. To automatically hide elements when loading a page please try the new ‘Automatic Hiding’ feature on the Options page (requires HTML/CSS selector knowledge to use). - Once the extension is added to Chrome, any pages you already have open will need to be refreshed for the extension to start working. -- UPDATE NOTES -- 3.3 (21st March 2021): - Switched to using Chrome's local storage for storing the settings data (instead of syncing the data to your Google account). This allows for a higher data storage limit. 3.2 (31st December 2020): - Allow user to disable/enable individual automatically hidden sites or elements. 3.1 (22nd December 2020): - General improvements and bug fixes - Added option to show/hide help text on the Options page. 3.0 (29th November 2020): - Added new ‘Automatic Hiding’ feature on the Options page. - Split the ‘Advanced Features’ section on the Options page into the ‘Automatic Closing’ section and the new ‘Automatic Hiding’ section. - Improved help text and advanced feature explanations. - I apologise if any of your Option settings for this extension were reset upon upgrading to version 3.0. 2.2 (6th September 2020): - Added new 'Export Settings' section to the Options page. This will allow a user to import/export their settings. 2.1 (9th January 2020): - Enhanced the 'Advanced Features' option that closes listed popup sites. There is now a dropdown list that displays the address of recent new tabs or popups. This means the user doesn't have to manually capture the initial address of the popup site. 2.0 (December 2019): - Added new 'Advanced Features' section to the Options page. - Added 'Advanced Features' option that can immediately close listed popup sites.
- (2021-05-14) Shay Lewis: @Dao Seeker, my bad. It does work. I don't even remember typing that description lol let me update it. 4 stars mainly because I would like the ability to hide things permanently
- (2020-12-06) BlissStory: perfect! saved me the trouble of making this myself :) I hate the trending tab on twitter, it always gets me in a bad mood with how 2020 is going, using this extension now to hide it, thanks!
- (2020-09-11) Jonatas Nogueira: Very simple to use and satisfactory.
- (2020-08-20) Ginny Di: I really wanted this to work, but after I used the "hide that" option, I refreshed the page and everything was back. The creator says you have to refresh for it to apply, but refreshing just undid the hiding for me. I'm using Chrome version 84.0.4147.125. This would be really helpful for me if it worked, so I hope I'm just doing something wrong.
- (2020-07-07) Brantley Gunn: Been using it awhile now and it definitely works! It quickly and easily removes any website pop-up banners. Good job Dao
- (2018-10-31) ansgkffx: thank you
- (2018-04-21) brian key: I just think this is very helpful