Removes and prevents popups, overlays and cookie notifications, other tools do not. Enjoy the original look of the internet.
PopUpOFF is a tool, allowing you, my dear potential user, to forget about closing infinite popups that interrupt you from reading/watching or whatever you do on the vast spaces of the internet. I doubt you haven't faced sites, where you came just to read article and now leaving cause there are annoying things everywhere. So have I. So, shortly, what my extension does? It removes (in a few modes) popups, windows, panels, bars, overlays, omnipresent cookie notifications and blur wrappers, that prevent you from enjoyment here, in the internet. It allows you to scroll page down even if website forbids you. It's absolutely free and open source. You can find more info here: https://romanisthere.github.io/PopUpOFF-Website/ Pros and cons + Free - and will always be, open-sourced. + Ultra-lightweight. You can check size at right side and compare to different blockers - sometimes it's about 100 times. Don't trust anyone who says, that size doesn't matter. + PopUpOFF blocks all stuck to screen elements, not only popups. You will not find another extension like this in store. + Unique feature that allows you to "unlock" paid content on some websites. + You can write to me about any questions or suggestions, that you have - better about this tool, though - I will answer you. We can discuss any improvement! - It's addictive. For real, there will no way back if you start to use it. +- I still develop it and going to. It means, that there will be new features, but sometimes there could be bugs. It's common to any application, that you use, no one will write about it, but I want to be honest. That is it. Get your piece of better internet, send me feedback. Not saying goodbye. Have a good time! Changelog: 1.1.7 - instructions link updated - prevent paid content improved - stats fixed 1.1.6 - new (experimental) feature: prevent paid content from hiding; - new feature: collect and display stats; - remove all tracking and analytics systems; - activate/deactivate on shortcut (Alt + x); - changes in design and performance; 1.1.5 - add notification after activating from keyboard shortcut - add few more google services to forbidden list of websites 1.1.4 - add smart recognizing of hidden content 1.1.3 - add keyboard shortcut to activate mode - set up within options page - extension icon is showing active mode now - fix bug when multiply browsers used - improve performance 1.1.2 - add blur detection and removing to each mode 1.1.1 - add tutorial - add developer's supervision - list of websites where user can't use extension by default settings - add options page with opportunity to disable supervision and repeat tutorial - add messages in popup - reload button and link to options page 1.1.0 - rework of easy mode. 3 steps check - position -> content -> semantic - prevent script from executing if there are problems with memory - improve performance - fixed bug: after enable "easy" mode activated "hard" one - fixed bug: wrong address writing to storage 1.0.4 - remove "everywhere" mode due feedback - element's check is tightened 1.0.3 - improve performance - fix minor bugs 1.0.2 - release version - do not ask why
- (2020-08-04) Tom Jerry: Loved it!
- (2020-07-18) Thallysson Costa: Ótimo! Obrigado! Resolveu meus problemas, tanto no Google Chrome e no New Microsoft Edge. Os dois navegadores que uso e essa extensão, super feliz.
- (2020-07-05) EvgenKo423: This extension does a really great job on removing unwanted stuff. But unfortunately, it doesn't work automatically and according to the author won't be able to do so in a near future, so this basically kills all its pros.
- (2020-07-02) Rafael Rodrigues: Works great. Easy to use. No complains
- (2020-06-23) Keaton Nash: Really great, seems like every site has a modal asking you to sign up for their email or whatever and this extension is excellent at blocking them. Only suggestion would be a setting where it's always on, that way I don't have to turn it on every time I open a site
- (2020-04-08) Soo Teck Quek: great stuff!
- (2020-03-01) Rachamim Shemesh: The best Pop up blocker
- (2020-02-02) micom fa: test on makeuseof.com, not working, thanks anyway.
- (2020-01-07) What is Life: Just needs a bit more work. Prefect for regular use, but not if you watch video feeds in fullscreen, it'll kill the video too then once it's turned on. Opening a video feed into full screen while it's on and there will be no video feed. Also the shortcut only activates it, it doesn't deactivate the setting as well. I guess I'm an outlier on what I use this for, random popups over a video feed that are also there in fullscreen. Other than that, this is the must have extension.
- (2019-11-25) Simon: great software, it actually disable those please disable your adblock overlay on the screen, tried adblock plus, uorigin and pop up blocker and none of those works, then i found this extension, give it a try
- (2019-10-31) JOHNNY: Si te gusta leer paginas que tienen un montón de cosas molestas, esta es tu extensión.
- (2019-08-19) Ferran Buireu: Funciona realmente bien, además se trata de un proyecto Open Source, muy fácil de usar y con muchísimo futuro.
- (2019-08-08) Carlos Pavía Noriega: It is a worthy finding!
- (2019-07-25) Tim Long: Cool
- (2019-07-25) Aurora Wood: So Underrated!
- (2019-06-19) Oleg Matveenko: Great! Thanks!
- (2019-06-18) Nameless Tea: I sent feedback of mine to you
- (2019-06-14) Oliver Wilson: Not really writing comments usually, but this extension deserve one. Don't be scared of low number of users, give it a try. It's worth it
- (2019-06-14) Jacob Brown: Great one!
- (2019-06-09) Игорь Денисевич: Wow this extension totally deserves more users. Doing it's job nicely with no exceptions.
- (2019-06-07) Julia Govor: nice!
- (2019-06-07) Frank Whatsupo: I was using few ad blockers with few popup blockers all my life. And now its few ad blockers with one popup blocker. Well done!
- (2019-06-01) Маркус Edwell: its very useful extension, thank you very much Roma! a voobwe krasava
- (2019-05-18) Roman Smunyov: I haven't expected how true description is, nice job!
- (2019-05-16) совсем неважно: Seems like what I always wanted too Its literally made me forgeting these "disable addblock", "get our updates every week" and "we value ur privacy" annoying things THANK YOU!
- (2020-05-27, v:1.1.4) Hypnotoad: Read Browsing History?
I'm simply curious as to why my browsing history would need to be read by your add-on. I'll admit that I'm not too educated on the subject, but is there any particular reason why this is needed?
- (2020-03-12, v:1.1.4) Leo Alves: videos in fullscreen
I saw in the comment section someone saing about the videos when going in fullscreen your application kills or crashes the video, it happend to me in a anime website that I viseted. https://anitube.be/ Here is the link. Thank you for this amasing add-on.
- (2019-10-23, v:1.1.2) Engin Rençber: 13/5000 I can not download
Cannot download google chrome There was a problem adding the item to Chrome. Please refresh the page and try again. says