Learn new words as you surf the web
Logophile transforms new tabs into flashcards to help you learn words and expand your vocabulary. You can use one of Logophile's 3 included word lists, or add words of your own. Each time you open a new tab, Logophile will select a new word from your list and display it on the screen. You can then click on the screen to reveal the definition and an example sentence (if available), then mark the word as 'Learned' once you've mastered it. You can add words manually in bulk, add them from a webpage you're reading, or from your Kindle. Pick and choose from 20 different color options to spruce up your new tab, and expand your vocabulary at the same time!
- (2020-08-27) Artem Yagofarov: This is awesome extension! Thanks a lot Ryan! Could you please add the International Phonetic Alphabet spelling to the word as the pronunciation button does not work on some words sometimes. Also if you could add an ability to amend the definition and an example for the word by the user, that would tick all the boxes!
- (2020-03-20) Turki AlFassam: Exactly What I'm looking for! I read many English articles and pass by many words I would like to keep and memorize. This app make it way easier! Thanks for developing it.
- (2020-02-26) Sebastian Eifrid: Works perfectly and I love having this as a new tab. Makes just opening the new tab itself feel productive. The only suggestion I have would be to change the music note above the word to a speaker icon. I was a little confused as to what it would do when I first clicked it.
- (2020-02-25) Cory Ott: They call me the Tab Master. Have 20 tabs open as we speak. Can't wait for this program to make me a silver-tongued genius!
- (2020-02-25) Rachel Boozer: Works like a charm. Easy, quick way to learn new words as I browse the web. Plus I can add my own words! I added my highlighted words from my Kindle, incredible.