Make any webpage into a content editable document and modify it via toolbar popup!
Page Edit is an extension that let you make changes to any HTML webpage. To work with this add-on, simply open the toolbar popup UI and then click on the big toggle button on the left side. Once the add-on is active, the icon turns to blue color. A - Design Mode - banner will also be shown in the current tab at the top left corner. Now, the document is ready for editing; make desired changes with the text editing buttons available in the toolbar popup UI. Once your edits are completed, click on the toggle button again to turn off the add-on. Note: to work with text editing tools in the toolbar popup UI, please first select a text and then click on the desired button in the popup. If you found a bug to report, or have a feature request in mind, please fill out the bug report form on the add-on's homepage (https://mybrowseraddon.com/page-edit.html).
- (2023-02-18) Shop Mail: WORKS GREATE
- (2023-01-07) Andrea Del Chiaro: Great extension. I'd like to suggest a new feature: If I modify a page, and save offline prior refreshing (I use "save page we" extension), modification are properly save in the offline file. However if I open an offline saved file, Page Edit doesn't work and I can't modify anything, even if a turn on design mode. Any chance to fix the behavior with offline saved html files? Thanks a lot.
- (2022-12-28) Hoppy's Pizza: very easy to use just a simple click of a button, definitely recommending this to anyone looking for this
- (2022-12-14) Pat MySecret: Easy! Perfect! Works in Reader Viewers too! I especially appreciate that I can type in different colors! Thank you to the Developer! :-)
- (2022-09-25) Jeff State: I've had this extension installed and used it since shortly after it was first published. However, I don't think that it works, anymore. ATM, last update was Feb-2022. For multiple different websites, I followed the instructions provided, and that worked for me every other time: 1. Clicked on the (pinned) Page Edit extension to open the toolbar 2. Clicked to turn Design Mode ON. The upper left corner of the webpage then says "Design Mode..." Tool panel displays. However, none of the tools change anything on the page. I've tried tools for bold, italic, and highlighting. After clicking anything other than the Page Edit tools panel, focus is lost, and the panel disappears. In short, "Design Mode..." still appears in the upper-left of the website, as though the extension is ready to work its magic. The editing tools panel, however, becomes inaccessible. I'd anticipate that panel being sticky, when in Design Mode. I liked this extension, and have used it quite a bit, so I'll leave it installed. If I stumble upon it restored as working, I'll be quick to update this review. *If the author sees this review, it'd be awesome to get a comment about its circumstances* For all we know, a Chrome update revoked the necessary permissions to use this extension. Whether or not there is a solution in the pipeline would be great to know, so users aren't unnecessarily uninstalling this extension in the meantime. I'm also submitting this comment to the author feedback form noted on this extension page's Overview tab.
- (2022-08-23) Tyun Peters: It doesn't have everything one could ask for like a highlighter or pinnable tools, but it works perfectly for my needs.
- (2022-05-16) 刘威: Nice!
- (2022-02-05) میثم آصفی: great
- (2021-12-14) Sayyed Dawood: The exact extension I was looking for. If there are command/code snippets online and I want to copy them to terminals but I need to edit some info then paste them, I had to edit html for it. This tool has made it so simple. Love it
- (2021-10-08) أحمد خمقاني (الأستاذ): Perfect
- (2021-07-16) Akshath Kumar: Perfect. Nothing to critique. Works like it's supposed to.
- (2020-12-26) Vincent Lee: works as intended. thank you!
- (2020-10-10) José I. Diaz: barra de herramientas flotante, sería Ideal.
- (2020-08-02) Esdras Vitor Silva Pinto: It's really good for making small changes on pages. I've been using it to highlight some relevant content by adding a background color to it. It would be quite nice if it had a shortcut to select the tools that we want to use =)
- (2020-02-17) Jason Wang: if there is a floating toolbar, would be better.