Add a button to YouTube™ to pop the video out into a new resizable window.
Add a button to YouTube™ videos to pop the video out into its own window. The resulting window contains the full YouTube™ player with all controls for quality, closed captioning, full screen etc. that can be resized to scale the video. Each video gets its own window, so you can open as many videos as you like. Questions? Bugs? Please let me know on GitHub! https://github.com/justinforce/popout_for_youtube/issues This extension can access? - Your data on www.youtube.com: This is so that the extension can parse the YouTube™ page that you're viewing so that it can clone the video. - Your browsing history: This is so that the extension can open a new tab so that the video can occupy it. - NONE of your data is collected or used by this extension. The warnings are part of Google Chrome™'s extension API. The full source of this extension is viewable at its website. Please review the source code or post a comment if you have any questions.
- (2020-08-21) Paul Collison: The icon doesn't appear when in cinema view, which I'm always in, so that sucks. Otherwise it's a fine enough extension, works well with fancy spaces in windows 10 powertools.
- (2020-08-01) Epix Ru: Where is the button to pop out?
- (2020-02-24) Benjamin: i have to be noobing this extension because i stilll don't see any option to pop out any of the videos i'm watching after a complete windows reboot. first time an extension hasn't had that 'plug and play' effect.
- (2020-01-05) Séb C'est Rare: I don't think it's compatible with live streams. Which sucks
- (2019-12-19) Ankush Nandal: not even single song plays on it, comes up with an error video unavailable every time. don't which kinds of videos are available.
- (2019-10-29) René Sluiter: first option I tried: Video unavailable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EOoDl4Wri8 (Armin van Buren ASOT videocast) I guess it doesn't always work..
- (2019-10-27) Wittski Whiskey: Finally one with video controls. Very high quality.
- (2019-10-04) Евгений Киселёв: Не работает. Не появились дополнительные кнопки
- (2019-09-30) MsCentesimo: Es mi extensión favorita desde hace tiempo, pero hoy me ha dejado de funcionar, me dice: "Este video no existe". Me he fijado de nuevo y me pasa con determinados videos. Un ejemplo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=251&v=teyLGqLb3ac. No se cual es el problema.
- (2019-09-11) Nikita Karatun: Awesome! Thank you so much!
- (2019-09-03) Khan1 Khan1: its v.nice.the popped out video should be visible across all tabs.
- (2019-07-09) Анвар Садыров: нельзя закрепить
- (2019-06-08) Alex Trónica: Desde la última actualización a Chrome 75, ya no se puede fijar la ventana encima de todo. Probado con DeskPins, Always on Top y PinMe!
- (2019-05-27) Ethan T.: Works great and even better with the Always on Top script. If that's why you don't like it, just download the script. It's free and safe. Google it, easy to find
- (2019-05-23) Jordan Hoffman: Works perfectly. When I don't have another monitor handy, I have to squish multiple windows on one screen, and this extension allows me to perfectly put the youtube window in the top right quadrant of my screen. Just what I needed, thanks!
- (2019-04-19) 爱𓆩JΛVIΣЯ𓆪ȻŁ࿐: Una lastima que por defecto no se mantiene siempre visible pero lo solucione con un pograma llamado "DeskPins"
- (2019-04-05) Dan Roberts: Does the job! Includes video controls in the popup window, which is great. Only (very minor) issue is that I couldn't immediately see how to use it because I had a video in "cinema mode" and the popout button doesn't appear in that view but once I returned it to "default view" then it was very clear.
- (2019-03-18) RC MH: better alternatives
- (2019-03-14) Jason Tran: Works seamlessly to watch videos, removing clutter from chrome toolbars
- (2019-03-12) wayan kusuma Jati: gREAT App !!! how to make it stay on top of another window?
- (2019-03-06) Berkay Contay: çok iyi
- (2018-11-15) FOX GREEN: Found it. How to pin video as ALways on top? How to hide all windows border?
- (2018-11-13) Semi-Cloudy LifeEndurance: Doesn't work. It said 'Video unavailable'.
- (2018-10-28) Doesn't work, every video shows as "Video Unavailable". Same for the similar app/extension "Floating"
- (2018-10-27) กฤษกร สุวรรณวงษ์: ใช้ง่าย
- (2020-01-05, v:5.1.4) Séb C'est Rare: Live?
Is this this tool available for live streams or not?
- (2019-06-15, v:5.1.4) Church Media: Popout Fullscreen second monitor
I am a church sound man. Our projector is the extended screen on our computer. I would like to be able to click on the popout icon on our main monitor and have the YouTube video open and play full screen on our extended display (2nd monitor). We would be willing to donate funds for this project.
- (2019-05-19, v:5.1.4) Jeong-hun Sin: Can you make a Popout for the comments, not the video?
I want to pop out the comment section, not the video. Can you create another extension for that or add that feature to this extension?
- (2019-03-23, v:5.1.4) Nils Kuck: Always on top
How can it be always on top? Thanks
- (2018-11-21, v:5.1.3) Leah Francis: Always Buffering
Good evening, Great add on by the way, but I noticed that sometimes when I have the popout going along with other streaming popouts(Twitch, Picarto) that the video keeps buffering.
- (2018-10-03, v:5.1.3) Leah Francis: Video Unavailable
Trying to popout a video and when the new window loads, I get a "video unavailable" message in the popout window. Help!
- (2018-09-15, v:5.1.3) Ryan S: Not working
Icon has disappeared and is greyed out at top of chrome
- (2018-08-28, v:5.1.3) William Carreño Nieto: fix
doesnt work anymore
- (2018-08-26, v:5.1.3) Andreas E: Needs an update
Doesn't work anymore.
- (2018-08-07, v:5.1.3) M. H.: Seems fishy...
Why does it need Chrome right "read all your browsing history".. looks fishy.
- (2018-07-25, v:5.1.3) Hunter Cox: Bit of a positioning issue while using Theater mode.
Love this app and have been using it for quite awhile. Recently, I noticed that when switching a video to "Theater mode", the popout button stays attached to the upper-right corner of the video and creates a horizontal scrollbar due to the width of the element. I'm sure you've seen this or had someone else mention but just incase you hadn't, I wanted to ask if you could put this in the future todos for the extension? I imagine there's some way to watch for the "theater mode" and fire an event when that occurs and potentially change the anchor point of the popout button on top of the video player without being outside the viewport. But I'm not adept with CoffeeScript so I'm not the best choice to fork it and trying to improve it. Either way, thanks for the great extension and keep up the good work!