VocabTracker is a tool inspired by LingQ, Readlang and LWT: it can help you track your vocabulary on any web page.
VocabTracker is a vocabulary tracking tool which can let you track your vocabulary on any page so that you can use any website as a language learning resource. It supports the following features: - Support English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Ukrainian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Dutch, Arabic, Latin, Polish and more languages are being added now. - Analyze words on any web page and highlight the words with different colors based on your familiarity with the words. - Support adding user's own dictionaries to the tool, for example: NCIKU, Glosbe, merriam-webster and so on. - Support flash card and SRS system to help you memorize your vocabulary. - Support two modes -- "Lemma" and "Variant": in "Lemma" mode, the tool can find the lemma for word variants such as "were", "was", "is", "are", "am" and treat those variants as the same word ("be"). - Support adding phrases to your vocabulary. - Support segmenting Chinese (both Mandarin and Traditional Chinese) and Japanese with a very high accuracy. - Support exporting vocabulary to CSV file so that you can add your vocabulary to Anki or other tools. Note: This extension doesn't save your vocabulary data locally -- it saves them on a remote server. So in order to use this tool, you will need to register a user for this extension first.
- (2020-12-20) Stewart L: No Portuguese (Brazil PT) supported.
- (2020-11-30) Alfredo CS: Great work with this extension mate. I've been using it frequently. Right now the server is down. the website doesn't upload. Keep it up !
- (2020-10-29) Selin Genc: I was wondering if there is any function to say, if you are learning French, when you click on a french word you are learning you get the french synonyms instead of the english translation?
- (2020-10-22) Has Ali: This is an amazing alternative to LingQ for people who want all the amazing functionality with none of the cost. Thanks for this amazing extension. Language learning just got that much easier.
- (2020-09-19) Antonio David Bastida Zamora: I think it is good but it needs some futures to be useful for me. 1. To be able to see statistics of the number of words I learn each day and the total one as lingq has. 2. To be able to select a text without import it directly from Google and to mark with 5 starts the words that I dont click as Lingq do 3. This is not something important but sometimes it lag a bit, it would be awesome to be able to fix it I think the first to points are not hard to be developed and it would turn the app to a high level.
- (2020-09-09) Max: очень удобно чекать незнакомые слова в статьях
- (2020-07-20) K leo: Doesn't seem to do anything for me. On Brave browser.
- (2020-06-29) Sisam Khanal: It really is awesome. I really like this style of learning but LingQ only had it or so I thought.This is free, and provides many useful resources at your finger tips. Im just on A1 on my German and its really helping me out. I already feel like a high tier human being using this extension. but im unable to add a dictory .
- (2020-04-15) Antho E: Bonne extension, qui associe readlang et LWT avec traductions automatiques ce qui est un gain de temps pour beaucoup de mots. Cependant si on pouvait enregistrer plusieurs mots en même temps comme "sim embargo" en espagnol j'aurais mis 5 étoiles. Good app but like the other commentary I'd like to save sentences and several words at the same time.
- (2020-04-03) Ahmad Juhari: very2 good
- (2019-12-03) Ryan Kemp: I have only started using this app but have already found it a wonderfully quick and accessible alternative to similar apps. I am really enjoying it so far and would very much like to see a mobile/tablet app version. Very best of luck and many thanks to the developers for creating such a wonderful tool - I really appreciate the hard work that went into this and hope it goes from strength to strength!
- (2019-11-24) Loli Lover: I really like this app and the website that goes with it. They are very useful, thanks developer! I am using it for Japanese and I would like to give some feedback/request on the program. Is there a way to make the colored outline lines thicker and more noticeable and easier to see? On websites where the Japanese is Vertical instead of horizontal the program does not work properly and just highlights everything (even if it is not) as a separate word and gives you gibberish. I have had many problems when the program does not recognize a word and cuts it in half or when it is multiple kanji for the word and when you try to highlight it to add as a word all that comes up is the translation it does not allow you to add the word to your vocab list. These are just a few things off the top of my head after using the app and the website.
- (2019-11-07) Maksym Iefimenko: This is that what I was searching for! The only one thing I'd like to add is a possibility to switch off the pronunciation. Anyway, thank you for this app, really helpful in language learning.
- (2019-11-04) Wu Guo: Wow, really a great tool! It can let me use LingQ on any web page! Good work!
- (2021-01-01, v:1.0.21) Nathan Cain: automatically select vocab to test
I don't like that I have to choose which words to review. There should be a button that says "review". When you click it the software should choose the words that need to be reviewed based on the date.
- (2020-12-01, v:1.0.21) Alfredo CS: Server is down
The extension is not loading, 12 hours already that it's not operating. I gotta tell you, your extension is good ! really good, I already miss working with it :D
- (2020-07-17, v:1.0.21) Shrikant Pradhan: Extension not workin
I just installed the extension. But the vocab tracker plug-in doesn't open!!
- (2020-01-05, v:1.0.9) Russell Sancto: Taiwan is not a province of China
Hi, in the country of residence drop down could you change "Taiwan, Province of China" to just "Taiwan", since Taiwan is not a Province of China as it has it's own government, military, flag, national anthem, borders, passport, etc.
- (2019-11-24, v:1.0.8) Loli Lover: Feedback, problems, and suggestions for using the app with Japanese
Is there a way to make the colored outline lines thicker and more noticeable and easier to see? On websites where the Japanese is Vertical instead of horizontal the program does not work properly and just highlights everything (even if it is not) as a separate word and gives you gibberish. I have had many problems when the program does not recognize a word and cuts it in half or when it is multiple kanji for the word and when you try to highlight it to add as a word all that comes up is the translation it does not allow you to add the word to your vocab list. These are just a few things off the top of my head after using the app and the website.