Adds a button to your browser that displays the time left to your next horn.
MouseHunt Horn Timer is a Chrome extension that adds an icon to your browser window displaying the time to your next horn. It alerts you when it is time to sound the horn. Main features: - Alert when time to sound the horn - Alert when trap check occurs - Add timer to MouseHunt tab titles - Adds catch rate estimates to trap effectiveness meter Changelog: 1.12.1: - Minor bug fixes and improvements 1.12: - Works with MouseHunt on Facebook Suggest new features or report bugs & issues here: https://www.facebook.com/MouseHuntHornTimer
- (2021-02-02) Melinda Spencer: It's still functional and very useful, but lately, it doesn't seem to remember the settings I've chosen for it to use if I don't use it for a week or so. It always defaults back to a pop up which opens a new tab and is at a medium volume, no matter how many times I tell it I don't want a pop up and that I want the volume to be soft. Also, the Trap Effectiveness option in the settings hasn't worked for at least a couple of years, but I suspect that's because this app is no longer updated--it was a convenience back when it worked and was nice, but the extension is still very worthwhile without that feature.
- (2019-07-06) Roido Asakura: Been using it for a long time. Love it and just hoping for new stuff soon. More power to you guys! Edit: I hope someone picks this up and updates this. Doesn't really work nowadays and it's such a great app!
- (2019-04-26) Kenneth Wilson: Almost perfect. Sometimes clicking the notification won't sound the horn and i don't know why, so i have to click it manually. Using Chrome.
- (2019-03-27) KPC Slor: Works much better with mousehuntgame.com than FB, but I still lose the popup after a few days. Looks like it hasn't been updated in a few years, but still better than not having it so 5*'s
- (2018-09-05) 4Exceelent for my mousehunting carreer and I could get an average of 166 hunters horns per 36 hour peroid Dab !!!!
- (2018-06-05) Mark Endrodi: there used to be 2-5 seconds delay, but lately it stopped working totally. Even if the popup message comes, it doesn't trigger the horn.
- (2018-01-18) Surri: Works for the hunt timer only. Other would-be-helpful functions such as swapping the Time of the tournaments to actual start Time and not the BS that MH does, and est. catch rates with your trap setup, all fail to work.
- (2017-10-21) Unzareh: Wish I could rate it higher, since it IS useful, but it DOESN'T work half the time with the fresh new paint UI...which is the superior UI.
- (2016-03-22) Tran Situ: Great extension - the functionality is simple and frees your mind from living in 15 minute intervals. My favorite features are unobtrusive auto-sounding and the estimated catch rates in the trap-effectiveness page.
- (2016-03-03) sashi dharan: thank you .. Life saver for Mousehunt game users :)
- (2016-02-08) George Niu: A very nice tool that helps keep track of when to sound the horn
- (2016-01-25) Leandra Witchwood: I want a timer not the need to login to a website
- (2015-12-23) John Santos: very useful!
- (2015-09-24) Kip S: Great for a mousehunter
- (2015-07-15) Omid Rajabi: Love this app, prompts and opens your trap page every 15mins
- (2015-05-22) Mohammed Kaissi: Perfect
- (2014-07-28) Praveen: Oh my, what a wonderful app. This is so much easier and very useful. Thanks devs!
- (2014-06-18) De Nian: Very good for keeping track for the next horn. A must-have for all Mousehunters! :D
- (2014-06-10) Andrew Dominic Pe: Wishing a notification bubble (vs pop-up) was an option, but overall keeps me alert on ready horns. Thanks!
- (2014-05-24) klcpca: Makes it so easy to know when to hunt if you are doing other things at the same time
- (2014-05-21) James Dinh: Overall really good but makes my Chromebook (Samsung) a little glitchy. Video playback on other sites were affected and it would sometimes crash coming out of sleep-mode. I now disable it if I'm watching a video.
- (2014-03-28) Aldrick Reyes: Thank you for this! Awesome!!! Great job!
- (2014-01-10) Alexander Ang: very useful :)
- (2013-12-06) iblefr34k: For some reason for me the "Unobtrusive mode" (Sound the Horn without changing tabs) doesn't work. When i press the horn it switches to MH page.
- (2013-09-28) Katrin M: Käse
- (2013-08-12) AUSAlphaWolf: What an amazingly useful extension. Thank you so much for that.
- (2020-01-21, v:1.12.1) Jean Larsen: It doesn't work after clearing cache
I've cleared out my cache and now my MH Horn Timer doesn't work... How do I get it back on track??
- (2019-06-24, v:1.12.1) Sylvia Vance: No pop up box anymore
Yesterday my popup box disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. I have the correct box ticked to allow it to sound the horn, but it's not popping up anymore. (I do get the sound the horn alarm.) Using Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-06-06, v:1.12.1) Mark Endrodi: It stops
I click on the pop-up message to Sound the horn, but lately it doesn't do a thing most of the cases. Even if it does, it's likely to stay on 0, therefore I need to refresh the whole page to get it work again. Even an egg timer is more reliable.
- (2018-03-31, v:1.12.1) Giles Pepperell: Saving Options
How does this happen? No apparent button.
- (2018-01-10, v:1.12.1) Rachel Jacobs: Pop up not actually hunting me
This morning when I click the okay button to hunt it doesn't hunt me. It's worked perfectly until now, and I'm not sure what's the matter now. I'm not getting any errors and when I go to hunt myself manually it works fine.
- (2017-01-09, v:1.12.1) Luke Fowler: Pop up for sounding horn not appearing
I accidentally clicked the box that says "prevent this dialog box from appearing in the future" or something along those lines, and I cannot figure out how to get back the feature to sound the horn via that pop up.
- (2017-01-05, v:1.12.1) Won Seok Song: notes/reminders before hunt
it would be amazing if you could set yourself reminders to do something specific before the next hunt (check site to see if you caught chess king/master + have moved out of tower, for instance) there are far too many times where I just go on autopilot and just press spacebar every 15 mins and I miss a vital opportunity thanks so much!
- (2016-02-13, v:1.12.1) Barbara Hill Reid: my horn time is gone
please help How do I get my horn back on chrome
- (2016-01-04, v:1.12.1) Diana Dinh-Andrus: Unable to change options
I decided to play with the options today after having them the same for months (years?). When I make changes they don't update and I don't see a button that says apply or OK to save the changes. Also I am unable to test the sounds. I've tried all the sound options and all the volume levels but nothing is played when I click on the Try it button. I have my volume up on my machine and it plays the chime at the 15 minute marks and for the hourly trap checks. But I can't test any new sounds.
- (2015-05-19, v:1.12) horn icon
horn icon has disappeared and it will not allow me to re install
- (2015-02-02, v:1.11.5) Kevin Chen: Horn Ready Popup Too Early
With the most recent update as of this post, the popup for the Horn Ready message comes 2-3 seconds too early. The browser itself hasn't loaded the horn yet, so clicking yes on the popup doensn't actually sound the horn.