Audio Visualizer, works on any website. Press icon or 'Ctrl+Q' to start/stop. ♪ ┐(・。・┐)
* Works on any website. * Choose among several scenes. * Share custom scenes. * It's Open Source * MilkDrop added! check it out! with 100 different presets! (more support for milkdrop will come in the future!) * Adjust General settings to get different effects(on almost all scenes). (DrawMode, TransparentBackground etc.) * Play around with scene settings to fundamentally change any scene. (scenes look pretty boring with default settings) * Save and/or share custom scene settings as stand-alone scenes. Note: This extension contains flickering effects. Hotkeys: * Ctrl+Q - Toggle visualizer on/off. (sometimes have to click 2 times to start) * Alt+Q - Open options. Tips: * Under scene settings, hover mouse over the value you want to change, then drag mouse up/down while holding down left mouse button to increase/decrease value. * Set LatencyHint to interactive, it will make the spectrum analyzis more precise, but might trigger a bug where you get choppy sound. In that case, set it back to 'playback'. Contribute: * Suggestions, pull requests, new scenes or other ideas are very welcome. https://github.com/afreakk/ChromeAudioVisualizerExtension Patch notes: 6.0.10 - Less crazy default settings for Spectrum Analyziz 6.0.9 - Disabled a couple of butter-scenes that were laggy. 6.0.8 - Chrome update broke utilized functionality, cannot set runtime.Port.name directly anymore, resulted in extension throwing exception and not being able to pass audiodata to scenes. now fixed by passing name in object to chrome.tabs.connect. 6.0.6-7 - Added option `opacity` to SpectrumAnalizyz - Made ProceduralTerrain lower poly by default (you can still choose whatever poly resolution you want in scene-settings) - Added option `FadeControls` (fades controls out when mouse is not over controls when enabled) 6.0 - MilkDrop support added (from butterchurn ttps://github.com/jberg/butterchurn) !! - More support for this will be added, like possibility to create and use custom MilkDrop plugin 5.2 - Make custom ProceduralTerrain scenes work, they were bugged. - Make transparent background work in proceduralTerrain - added scene: DacingCubes3DSinus - added scene: DacingCubes3D - added site for sharing scenes - added scene: DancingCubes - added option: 'LatencyHint', default value is set to: 'playback'. Earlier we always used 'interactive', but that caused choppy sound on some browser versions. 'playback' option is less precise than 'interactive', so if you dont have any choppy-issues with 'interactive', you should run 'interactive' :). - made seventies scene more reactive to music 5.1 - added procedural-terrain scene ! 5 - added import and export custom scene, now you can share your scene with others! 4.500.1.5 - webgl scenes added back.. seems chome has fixed it? 4.500.1.4 - webgl scenes removed, chrome+contentscript+webgl,- somethings not working right. 4.500.1.3 - Startupscene now working + optimization. 4.500.1 - DrawMode should now work without transparentmode. (transparentmode will always be active in the background while drawmode is enabled(so the scene doesnt redraw its background)) 4.500 - Performance improvement, found a bug in code that resized the canvas each frame. Drawmode is back and working (except for in opengl scenes: spinningcube, sinusmode and madness) Canvas is no longer following scrolling. 4.420.9 - Madness Scene added :O 4.420.8 - stability and performance update and removed drawmode(was not working with newer chrome). 4.420.7.2 - Canvas width will no longer make a vertical scrollbar, and canvas will now be locked to scroll height. (can make it an option, if anyone actually liked being able to scroll away from the canvas) 4.420.7 - New icon! :) 4.420.5-6 - New feature: DrawMode (located under settings) for cool effects (does not work on hexagon, spinningcube or sinuscolormix) - Save Scene Bugfix 4.420.1-4 - bugfixes (context offset ++) new forked-scene (PainScene from WormScene) - Added full-screen setting. 4.420 - two new scenes(DotsAndLines and ParticleCircle), better options and options experience and general code improvements(hopefully). 4.20 - Major bugfix regarding spectrum data, so everything is much better now. revamped some scenes, added webgl support and addeed 2 new webgl scenes. 3.52042 - fftSize added to options 3.420 - fleshed out options 2.43 - stability etc 2.41 - improved gui/options and errorhandling 2.37 - categorized gui + new scene "Swipe" 2.36 - Custom example included, changed some scenes(some earlier saves may break) 2.35: - Now you can save and load custom scenes, and view/delete them in extension options.
- (2020-01-14) Jurgen Shiqerukaj: This is such a good extension. Have been using it for ages. Thanks!
- (2019-12-07) Josh Raye: This is awesome! I use it with google play music and milkdrop support is spectacular. Can we import additional milkdrop presets?
- (2019-11-27) Coby Pickett: id say better than the milkdrop in winamp, love it super dynamic
- (2019-10-11) EJ Foster: This is a really cool app! If you want a recommendation I'd love it be able to have a new window where the visual could also play but thats just me
- (2019-09-01) Jonathan Hicks: Exactly what I was looking for, works great with Spotify. Well done!
- (2019-07-31) Anthony: THANK-YOU ! The first working audio visualizer on the chrome store, i appreciate that we can use Milkdrop too !
- (2019-07-29) Luca Gentile: I love so much this extension and I would even donate for it! But the audio sometimes goes away when I start it and I would like to hide the menu bar.
- (2019-07-23) Alex Kennedy: I sat and watched about an hour of music unintentionally. It is phenomenal! Just mind blowing really. I literally said to my (12 yr old) daughter "Man I wish I still did drugs." "Mom!" "Psychedelics I mean, psychedelics" She eye rolled her way out of the room and I continued to tuck into my own little meditative journey via my desktop.
- (2019-06-17) Dr.ThiccPhill: ACID
- (2019-05-15) John Miller: This is the app that's putting paid visualizers out of business. You might not ever be more satisfied with a FREE product ever in your life. This isn't a paid promotion; I am genuinely happy that this app exists. Thanks to the creators for making such an awesome product!
- (2019-05-15) QB!K: This is the best music visualizer ive been able to find! I wish I they had one that I can use outside of Chrome !
- (2019-05-14) Савченко Михаил: Awesome, thank you!
- (2019-01-14) Pennywise The Clown: This is Great! Like going back to the 70's without Mr. Natural or Windowpane.
- (2018-11-17) Código Baquara: Very Good
- (2018-10-16) Coleman Platt: great options and functionality, more customization would be nice. some controls arn't very clear
- (2018-07-13) Cuyler Edward: Bass tops off too easily.
- (2018-05-20) Jason z: This is Cool Thank you for this awesome extension
- (2018-02-13) Samantha Bailey: this is exactally what ive been looking for since i got my chromebook like years ago so happy to have one finally :D
- (2017-09-03) Andy B: is there some place we can get a description of what each setting for each scene does? works amaingly when you can get a good combo
- (2017-08-27) david håland: Very very nice for party!
- (2017-06-17) John Felber: perfect!! <3
- (2016-04-25) RomanFox2 Gaming: Sometimes this extension makes the music studder nonstop for no reason. This is because the tab I am playing music on is sharing its content with the visualizer. Also some of the visualizers make the tab unresponsive. Fix these bugs please. Thank you for reading.
- (2015-10-05) Apteryx: This is awesome, perfect. Finally a visualiser extension that doesn't suck. Well done to the developer/s.
- (2015-05-27) Awesome! Very cool! I use it with SoundCloud.
- (2015-05-14) Viktor Setervang: I loved this app! Its nice having cool visual effects for when I just chill, and I also liked that I was able to disable or change the visual effects by a simple hot-key.
- (2019-10-13, v:6.0.10) Razvan Neagu: How do I import custom scene?
First of all, I love the visualizer; it looks amazing - THANK YOU!! Can you advise how do I import presets? I think I am doing it right but the steps that I take crashes the plugin; the imported preset does not display but more than that, the sound stops! I do this: 1) Click on Control > Share Scenes > Scene Sharing. 2) This takes me to http://audiovisualizer.net/. 3) Select a preset from there and click [Get scene] button. 4) Click [copy to clipboard] icon. 5) Go back to my browser tab and paste in Share scenes > Import scene > --> ImportInput. 6) Click on -->Import scene (I tried clicking on the text and on the white space to the right that looks like an empty text field but that now I think may be a button?). 7) I notice that scene appears labeled at the bottom in the Scene text field (with "_custom" appended). 8) I also notice the scene does not look right; it shows as a black blob in the middle of the screen ****ISSUE: When I select the new custom scene, there are two major issues: a) The scene does not display b) Audio cuts out and no way to bring it back but if I wait it out for a minute or so it sometimes comes back... Looks like there must be a different way to correctly import scenes? Thanks!
- (2019-06-25, v:6.0.10) cookie boi: milkdrop
When I open the extension, milkdrop doesnt automatically open. then when I click it manually it will open another scene not milkdrop. No matter what I do it wont work, help?
- (2019-02-16, v:6.0.7) Derek B: Audio
It no longer reacts to the music. It just plays. Worked fine when i first downloaded it, and i haven't changed anything since. Kept trying last night and noticed after I hit ctrl+q a few times it would just cut my audio out entirely until I restarted chrome. Not sure why this happened. Still my favorite visualizer. If you have any suggestions they would be much appreciated!!!
- (2019-01-21, v:6.0.7) Misfitt: Cant get it working
Im sitting on google trying to get it to turn on but I cant, I clicked it a couple of times and did the ctrl-q but it still isnt working
- (2018-11-22, v:6.0.7) Zoe Davies: How to question!
How do i set this up as a basic bars style visualizer? I presume its possible but i cant figure it out! Thanks in advance
- (2018-11-04, v:6.0.5) Steven Zolneczko: Open Controls Bar
Is there a way to make the Open Controls bar on the top right disappear when I don't need it? Or be transparent? It is distracting when lighter coloured visuals are on. Thanks!
- (2018-10-16, v:6.0.5) Coleman Platt: Customizing Spectrum analysis scene
Any way to do advanced customization on the spectrum analysis scene, id like the bars to be a bit transparent and closer together by a pixel. I would also like them to change colors according to a fixed point on the web page. Any chance i can get you to add this or add this myself?
- (2018-08-29, v:5.2.15) control panel gone
how do i get the control panel back after closing it?
- (2018-06-15, v:5.2.12) Matthew Zheng: Extension Toggle Failing
The extension usually works perfectly fine; however, it seems that if I use the extension one day, then the next day the toggle fails on the website I used it on previously. For example, yesterday I was using the extension while listening to music on Youtube. I am now no longer able to get the visualizer to start on Youtube (any video), but I am able to use it elsewhere (even sites with no audio). Thanks for your help!
- (2018-02-13, v:5.2.7) Samantha Bailey: procedural terrain
the coolest scene is the procedrual terrain but its the only setting that makes the music skip but it is the my favorite i so hoope u can fix it :)