Provides a simple way to open any YouTube video in a popout window
Overview This extension provides a simple way to open any YouTube video (including videos embedded in other sites/pages) in a "popout" window which you can freely position and resize. Usage When viewing any YouTube video, whether directly YouTube, or embedded on any other website, you can either: - Right-click on the video and click the "Popout Player" option (at the bottom of the menu that is displayed) - Click the new icon (a square with an arrow pointing out of the corner) in the lower right corner (by the settings and fullscreen icons)
- (2020-09-02) Alex: It's an okay extension. It would be better if the window would stay on top. If you wanna use this ext. you can use an application like TurboTop to keep the window on top. Something I did notice while using that is neat is the fact the ext. remembers the size and location of the window after going into fullscreen mode.
- (2020-08-30) Roderick Khan: Does exactly what it says, pops youtube videos into its own window.
- (2020-06-23) jelly: Does what it says! Works really well. I don't know why there are so many negative reviews. People complaining like they're paying for a software suite or something smh
- (2020-04-15) Marcel Barlik: This extension only opens the video in a new window. I was looking more for something as great as the inbuilt opera window popout for any sort of video player (not only youtube - worked for pretty much any player like twitch, mixer, youtube...). The window that the extensions opens, still has borders which is quite anoying and bulky as it takes up precious space. Additionally, when shift click and dragging to resize, the video doesn't keep it's parameters and therefore creates black bars either on top & bottom or the sides. There is no buttons overlay, as of for e.g. close popout and open original video and continue playing sort of button like in the opera popout. I was also quite unsatisfied as it is not always on top, and there is no easy way to toggle this. 1/5 for me as it's quite useless.
- (2020-04-06) Jim Ramsay: Does exactly what it says. It easily pops out the current youtube video into its own separate window. Note: If you want it on top of everything, you'll have to tell Windows or your Window Manager to keep it on top. It's a separate window.
- (2020-03-30) T.E. Valentine: It works, the video pops out into its own window, but if it can't stay on top what exactly is it any use for?
- (2020-03-24) David Šmíd: It does what it says, perfect! I only wish it could remember the window position each time. I popup youtube videos to the second monitor and I have to move them there all the time. Otherwise - great!
- (2020-03-18) mattia gentile: Oooooo, finalmente una App che oltre a fare il Pip riesce ad ingrandire la finestra video a piacere potendo sfruttare al meglio i nuovi schermi panoramici con un uso a multifinestra... Grazie!!!!!
- (2020-02-06) RocketScout: Isn't all that bad. Controls are CTRL (either one), and up arrow at the same time. It's a simple program, it offers the basic feature that it said it'd do. So it's not all that bad, you get what you wanted. It's very bare bones though, and I wish it had some basic features. Here's what it really needs to be real good: -Borderless window option -Always infront option (always in front of every other window on pc for multi-tasking) -Control binds to loop, pause maybe -way to look/play other videos after Those options being added would be amazing, and would make this extension just perfect (for my needs at least). With all that being said, it's nice to have your video playing, without any of the clunkyness when you have other windows open. It does what it said it does, but you may desire more functionality to it.
- (2019-09-08) Ricardo Kutz: App does not work. The Ctrl Up arrow shortcut only pops up the extension settings. There is no pop out feature at ALL> Piece of garbage app
- (2019-05-09) midge: i mean it works lol
- (2019-04-29) Ahmet Erhan ARIK: It works, it has some nice settings... What more can I write? It does the job! Thanks!
- (2019-03-18) RC MH: nicely integrated and keeps the videos name in the header
- (2018-07-26) blue: Advantage: Icon is so tidy. Disadvantage: (1) Icon is slightly bigger than the other icons that are in youtube player originally. (2) There's an address bar in the popout window which makes it bigger.
- (2018-07-09) Hooray: DOESN"T WORK AT ALL.
- (2018-06-25) Y-tec: ищу расширение,-что бы не было сверху рамки и ссылки,т е чистенькое окошко-только видео-желательно вообще без рамок-подобно как это сделанно в опере по дефолту..плиз допилите
- (2018-06-01) Greg Toomey: No always on top
- (2018-05-16) safurzia: SO BAD!
- (2018-04-27) Эдуард Мухаметзянов: Не 5 звёзд, потому что не закрепляет, как и все другие, впрочем, расширения подобного плана, на какой-либо странице сайта и вообще окна Windows. Для закрепления использую приложение Desk Pins.
- (2017-09-01) Huseyinekrem: Usefull for powerless devides like atom laptops. Put video to a new window and close heavy full youtube page. Still, this should be new tab, instead of window.
- (2020-07-08, v:3.1.1) Moshe Amsalem: Position
Love your option to set size for the window. Any chance to add an option to set also a position for the window ?
- (2020-03-22, v:3.1.1) Alex MacDonald: Live video?
Does this work for live streaming video? Every time I try to pop-out the player for a live video, it spins, and then I get a YouTube error message.
- (2019-06-15, v:3.1.0) Church Media: Popout to second monitor
I am a church sound man. Our projector is the extended screen on our computer. I would like to be able to click on the popout icon on our main monitor and have the YouTube video open and play full screen on our extended display (2nd monitor). We would be willing to donate funds for this project.
- (2019-04-14, v:3.1.0) John Dehart: Sound Device Issue
Hello, I like the extension, but when I pop the player out it switches away from what I have selected as the default sound device in windows.
- (2018-11-16, v:2.1.3) xearonet: URL bar
Hi. Nice job. I suggest that you should remove URL address form popup windows. It's spoils the look.