Scrobbling YouTube music videos to Last.fm with support for chapters/tracks
Scrobbles songs and music tracks from YouTube to Last.fm. This extension seemingly scrobble watched YouTube videos to the "Last.fm" service without visiting the site. Automatic scrobbling takes place 30 seconds after the music is played or at the end of the track if the track is less than 30 seconds. You can also manually scrobble the currently played song by pressing the count-down label. Using this extension you can also like or dislike YouTube songs without the need to open the actual "Last.fm" website. Note that to prevent unwanted scrobbling, the extension pauses the count down when the song is paused. Also, the scrobbling label, as well as the like button, only appears if you are watching a track in the "Music" or "Entertainment" categories. Of course, the user can extend categories to include localized names or completely remove category check. Usage Instruction: 1. Install the extension 2. Open a YouTube music or refresh an existing music tab 3. Wait for the extension to show "Connect to Last.fm" Features: 1. Supports Love/unlove tracks 2. Supports automatic artist name detection 3. Supports cleaning the track extra info 4. Supports manually modifying the track name or artist name (if the song doesn't get recognized) Why do I need this extension? If you enjoy watching music videos, this extension helps you to discover new musics.
- (2021-05-03) Temur Ferdowsi: the scrobbler works perfectly for me but there's one downside. it doesn't scrobble the album name of the tracks. so the amount of scrobbles for the track goes up but not for the album which is sad because my charts now only include albums i listened to on my player or on spotify. it would be cool if in one of the next updates we could manually add the album name or at least make the scobbler detect it.
- (2020-11-28) Thomas Dawe: Works fine for me. Only wish I could not require to play the song until the end for scrobble (some songs have long periods of quiet at the end)
- (2020-03-09) Yellow Duck: yeah, it doesn't scrobble, even though I've changed settings
- (2019-03-05) Peter: Funktioniert. Damit alles klappt bitte beachten: Chrome muss aktuell sein, Youtube muss neu geladen werden. Bei mir hat es ab dem zweiten Titel funktioniert.
- (2018-07-17) Lukasz Wasylewicz: swietnie dziala :)
- (2018-07-11) Stephan Methuselah Clark: it sucks and refuses to work on you tube
- (2018-05-26) Isaac García: I love lastfm. a common place to say: "former was better" but yesterday were better for find new music.
- (2018-02-08) Ludovic Flender: Does not work
- (2018-02-08) Алексей Кузнецов: not work
- (2017-12-16) Stanislaw Stasiak: Slimjet Browser - It's not working in. There is no notification about getting API key from last.fm, just no way to configure it.