YouTube playlists made simple
Create and edit real YouTube playlists on the fly without having to create an account or log in to your existing one. Scan any web page online for the existence of YouTube videos and add them to your selected playlist. Access your playlists at any point in time while browsing. -- FEATURES -- • Create and Edit your Playlist (Name, Description, Image). • Edit your Video (Position, Thumbnail). • Preview your embedded Playlist / Video in the extension. • Search for your Playlist / Video. • Add a video to your selected playlist when on a YouTube video page (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQXAC9IVRw) with a click of a button. • Add multiple videos to your selected playlist by scanning any web page online for the existence of YouTube videos. • Play your Playlist / Video on YouTube (Open in Active Tab). -- STORAGE -- • Create up to 200 playlists. • Add up to 50 videos per playlist. • Store up to 10000 YouTube videos in total. -- DISCLAIMER -- Chronicle uses Google Analytics to track anonymous data in order to better understand which features users find most useful and subsequently improve user experience in future updates of the application. If you wish to opt out of Google Analytics tracking, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout to find out more. -- GET IN TOUCH -- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chroniclechromeext YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQFBd81DpVGiPrHBM_RKrhA -- CHANGE LOG -- 09/01/2021 - Version 1.5 • Fixed various bugs. 23/02/2020 - Version 1.4 • Fixed Bing search engine bug, which did not allow to scrape the page for YouTube video links. 03/02/2018 - Version 1.3 • Added "Add by YouTube video link" feature. • Fixed popup error message CSS padding bug. 26/12/2017 - Version 1.2 • Added "Scanned Video Thumbnail" on hover functionality for Scan Page feature. • Disabled "Scanned All" videos tick box when all scanned videos exist. 22/10/2017 - Version 1.1 • Added "Select All" videos functionality for Scan Page feature. • Updated UI for all checkboxes. • Minor CSS refactoring. • Fixed scraping bugs.
- (2023-03-21) Steve: if a playlist has more than 50 videos then forget it, this it a worthless, useless piece of junk. Why anyone puts a limit on amount of vids in a playlist is beyond me. If there were no limit set by this it would be the best going. The fact the author decided to add 50 limit makes it a useless piece of junk i removed withing minutes of trying it out
- (2022-05-21) Mark lll: it unable to add a channel. please consider these feature in the future. need to update to detect 'shorts' clips like so https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qC8-Jqj7SoU
- (2021-10-31) VRChat Archives: what youtube should be
- (2021-07-06) Louw Coetzer: One of the most basic features I suppose any person uses is adding/saving videos from the "Suggested Video sidebar" to either new or existing playlists on YouTube. With your plugin, there seems to be NO obvious way to do this simple task at all. You seem to have taken great care not to integrate with the YouTube website itself, most likely to avoid issues each time they update their source code, which is fine - but at the cost of disrupting the workflow veteran YouTube users have already become accustomed to. I find it unacceptable to change my workflow to adopt a "new" plugin which would most likely perish long before YouTube ever does. Your training video is also very vague and I would imagine that when trying to convey the technicalities of a subject, one would do so in a language like English or whatever instead of just pointing all over the screen and playing background music.
- (2021-06-05) Jinshin: This extension is awesome! Please consider adding a simple (then regex later on) keyword filter plus an invert results toggle to the scan page screen! When I scan a channel I have to scroll down then work my way up, find the videos one by one, and add them. A keyword search that hides videos from the list unless they contain said keywords like video part or ca v person on trial and an invert results toggle would make this extension perfect. I would pay money if the scan page results page had regex keyword filter plus an invert sorting toggle.
- (2020-07-23) Raiden Roy: Works as advertise though it needs more work on the UX & UI part. also, please share where the extensions store all this data (information about the playlist)? & don't forget to check out the suggestions written by me!
- (2020-02-25) Richaell Ribeiro: This is the BEST extension for quickly creating playlists as well as organizing them to an extent. Partner this with the "Improve Youtube" and "Better Subscription for Youtube" extensions and you're all set!
- (2019-08-09) me am: Great App!!! Please add some features - search by url in playlist and ability to pin playlist window to disable it closed.
- (2018-10-17) KiSSeli: 1. What happens with playlists when i reinstall browser? Backup? 2. It would be super nice to be able to PIN Chronicle window.
- (2018-04-02) Gersivan Oliveira: É tão útil e produtiva no Youtube que é possível a loja Chrome remover esta extensão. Faltou backup.
- (2018-03-28) Aleksey Midenkov: Where is import from youtube?
- (2017-12-05) Pia Erika Jensen: Fantastic, nothing else to say
- (2017-11-07) A Name: TL:DR First time reviewer because... This is one of or THE best Utilities currently available for YouTube Playlist Management. It is not that this Extension is "Amazing". It gets the job done. BUT that ~is amazing~ compared to all of the Windows Apps, Chrome Extensions, Free-Ware, Open Sourced junk.. That I have scourged through. Read This if: 1) You are unsure about the ext. and if it's worth your time. 2) You have been looking everywhere for a YouTube Playlist Manager & still are not satisfied. 3) You are on the toilet and you have made it this far. Chronicle is a "grower" and not a "shower". The kind of partner that isn't afraid to tell you how it feels. Chronicle is up front with you from the get-go. Unlike your "X-tensions" that promised you sweet nothings until the fat lady sang. All the while preying on your desperation, convincing you to take the plunge, and saying... "it won't be like the last." "WAKE UP SISTA. You. Are. Bet. Ter. Than This.", says Chronicle. "Quit waiting for Hell to freeze over, That Fat Lady Aint Neva Go-ing To Sang!" If you are like me... (Secretly, deeep-down, you know you are.) A part of you likes the game. The back & forth. The push & pull. The "WHAT'S IN A NAME? THAT WHICH WE CALL A ROSE, BY ANY OTHER NAME WOULD SMELL AS SWEET." But I think it's time we all rise together, saying enough! Enough! To all the mysterious types with their alluring features and smooth install. Until one day, in a matter of seconds, they start acting distant & guarded. You plead, "What's wrong! Is it me?" Silence. Your stomach is in knots. Fighting the urge to be sick, hoping that this is not the end, but a simple misunderstanding. Suddenly and seemingly out of nowhere it says, "It's not you babe.. It's me." (Pay Wall) Enough! yeah, I'm done. :D PROS: Overall it's fast (little to no hang time). No Adware. Not too complicated. Gets the job done. +Add/Remove Videos(Batch & Single Add) +Editing of playlist & videos(Name, Description, custom image) +Not-to-complicated layout/design +Not-to-complicated overall (video guide attached) +Unlimited playlists(I think) +Easy Copy/Paste Playlist URL (YouTube Playlists have distinct URLs. Thus I feel worst-case scenario we have the link!) +Easy & Quick Access to Ext./Playlists +Seemingly no problems with my System since Chronicle install. CONS: -Limit 50 videos per Playlist (Honestly not that huge. Can make part.1; part.2; etc. But I don't see why 50?) -No way to combined/integrate with actual YouTube playlists (that I know of) Features I Would Like: Integration w/ YouTube Playlists. A button for "add to playlist" within YouTube (Preferably "add to [Choose playlist] but something is not nothing.) Save Playlist Feature (Its been missing for me) A Third Option of customizing Playlist Tiles 1)Upload Image File 2)A single "Letter" or "#" Sign 3)[More than ~1 letter or symbol~ please. T ability to place a short name or phrase in that location.] Tagging and/or further organization. "Newer" "More Modern" looking UI. To The Dev. ggwp my friend. I don't know how to do what you do. I just know it takes work. And for that.. I thank you a lot. Keep up the hard work. What you have build thus far is solid work and it shows. Chronicle does a job that ~a lot~ of other people have neglected. Including YouTube! Your Ext. could be loads better, I think you can get there, and I'm here to support you. BUT it's amazing compared to all-the-rest. In some ways (In the ways that matter to me) you are ahead by miles. Thank You!
- (2017-11-07) Ioanna Lampropoulou: Great Design, Great UX! Well done! Love the scan functionality!
- (2017-09-05) P A: Great but can you please do the smart thing and allow more than just 50 videos a playlist what a stupidity!
- (2017-07-03) Meelan Radia: Best youtube playlist management extension on the store!
- (2017-06-16) Sandra Fiffe: Excellent!
- (2017-06-05) Apaghonismenos Kokoras: great and easy to use
- (2017-06-05) Gilho Ahn: Awesome extension, saved me a lot of time
- (2017-06-05) Beard Odyssey: Very useful extension for those you like their privacy, thanks mate
- (2022-02-19, v:1.5) Jerry Asher: Doesn't catch the youtu.be links...
This is a great extension, functionality I want, and a great design. When I visit subreddits like r/GuiltyPleasureMusic/ and create a playlist I see it finds all the youtube.com links but none of the youtu.be links. I'll also echo all the requests to make it so these playlists can be saved into our youtube accounts, if that is a possible through the api
- (2020-07-23, v:1.4) Raiden Roy: Raise the limit of the amount videos can be stored in one playlist!
the limit is too low, ATM.
- (2020-07-23, v:1.4) Raiden Roy: Add some kind of import/export functionality from youtube playlist!!
Lets say I have 450 videos in a single playlist on youtube now I want to copy that same playlist on this extension. now I'll first load all the videos on the page & let your extension do scanning part after the scanning part done. I'll just have to click on "ADD" button for a single video at a time. that means I'll have to click 450+ times coz your extension playlist video limit is only 50. it will too much time of mine see I'm not even talking about 1 playlist here I have 28 playlist with similar video count. I'm not stupid enough to invest this much time when I'm not even sure that extension will work in the future or not. As a developer you haven't even share where my information data is stored? (locally, chrome cloud, or your servers)
- (2020-07-23, v:1.4) Raiden Roy: There is no Backup function!
Please add a backup function as an overall import/export kinda function lets the user overwrite the existing list per choice
- (2019-05-28, v:1.3) Carlos Martínez: Where are stored the extension playlists?
I would like to know where are the data stored, if I reinstall chrome, Will I loose my playlists?
- (2019-04-11, v:1.3) Dennis Quigley: Play Oldest To Newest
Is there a way to reverse the order of a created playlist in this app in order to play them in chronological order? I cannot understand how Youtube continues to fail to understand that some people don't start at the end of a movie and watch it backward; possibly they live in Blogland.
- (2018-07-14, v:1.3) Seph McCarty: sheeran
showing this as a way to watch more ed sheeran videos faster is not effective marketing
- (2018-04-20, v:1.3) Malte Laurids Brigge: read all data
why not limited to yt data only?
- (2018-04-07, v:1.3) Kesley DM: More Options to Save Playlists to Our YouTube Account
I would like the option to save these playlists in our personal youtube accounts.
- (2017-07-31, v:1.0) Gersivan Oliveira: Backup
Backup ou importação/exportação seria uma boa opção.