Controls your Model S through the browser.
*Important* Due to changes in Tesla's infrastructure, this extension may not function for new owners, and may stop functioning for previous owners. Thank you for all of your support. It has meant the world to me. I will be keeping this on the Chrome store for the foreseeable future as it may continue working for some, and is a portfolio piece for myself. Tesla Motors has asked me to say that Tesla Model S vehicle owners should not use this software. This extension is for owners of the Tesla Model S. It provides owners almost all of the features of the official mobile app (plus a few that the app doesn't even provide), but with the convenience of being able to be used from the desktop! Just log in with your Tesla account username and password (and have mobile enabled on the car) and you're ready to go. All data is only sent to and from Tesla's servers. No user information is stored locally or sent to any third party. This product is not endorsed, certified or otherwise approved in any way by Tesla Motors or any of its affiliates. I am not responsible for any misuse or issues that arise from using this extension. By using this extension you agree to not hold me liable for any issues that may potentially arise. Discuss this application at http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/30649-Unofficial-Tesla-Model-S-Chrome-Extension-New-and-Improved Special thanks to BradHS and Felixtb Check out the article about this extension at Teslarati: http://www.teslarati.com/finally-browser-app-manage-tesla-model-s/
- (2019-08-28) johannes wer: Doesn't work, hangs endless while "loading..."
- (2018-04-22) Camilo Gomez: Used to work but it needs an update to get it going again.
- (2017-05-29) David Oreiro: not working....
- (2016-06-24) Jeff Graber: I love the idea, but it simply doesn't work. It hangs on the loading screen.
- (2016-04-29) PoloniaSF - EL: Does not work. I see other reviews that it used to work. Not anymore. Too bad.
- (2016-04-09) Tracy Burney: Dosen't load.
- (2016-02-17) Dan Powell: Doesn't make it to login screen....
- (2016-02-06) Pierre Arnold: doesn't prompt for a login, just sits and spins
- (2016-01-09) irre levant: doesn't work at all. Too sad
- (2015-08-21) Howard Cogan: doesn't work anymore. won't login no login button and "enter/return'" key doesn't work. too bad used to be good
- (2015-07-06) Mark Peters: Great app, and disappointed that Tesla Motors' own effort isn't as good. Really, it's time for Tesla to stop with their campaign against this app as allowing access from a desktop computer is really a good thing!
- (2015-06-27) Bruce Stringer: Very convenient way to monitor the status of the Model S. Used to connect much faster than the My Tesla phone app. Sadly, my copy stopped working today dues to Tesla changing their servers. Will miss it. Hope the author can work around the server issues or get Tesla to play nicely.
- (2014-12-29) Wayne Resnick: Tesla Motors had the nerve to tell people not to use this, yet they make no apology for their poor excuse for an app that's unstable, blows up on many devices, and can be outdone by a single person in his spare time, both in this case and for another stand alone program. If Tesla wants people not to use this, then let them come up with a decent app on their own, give us this functionality on their website, and explain why they don't have a team of programmers who can even make the current app stable. As for this one, the graphics are crude, it does most of what the official app does, and a few things that it doesn't. So I can give it four stars but that doesn't mean that I'm disappointed with it. It would be nice if it were more polished, but it's a great app from a functional standpoint. Wake up, Tesla.
- (2014-12-10) Amer Ali: får ikke kontakt med bilen. :(
- (2014-12-08) Steven DeBaun: A convenient alternative to the iPhone app. thanks
- (2014-11-08) Amadej Lah: Deluje odlično. Hitreje od Tesline aplikacije za Android..
- (2014-11-03) René de Vries: Excellent tool for a quick look at the charging progress of your Tesla
- (2014-10-27) Daniel Turner-Lloveras: was working great, now stopped, doesnt even open
- (2014-09-06) Rod Mael: Very nice. Good job Trevor. I like it.
- (2014-07-14) Khalid AlHomoud: Amazing! It's faster and more usable than the offical Tesla App. Thanks for the app!
- (2014-06-26) Mads Hilden: Highly recommended!
- (2014-06-15) Martin Barth: just perfect!
- (2014-05-23) Bob Meixner: Outstanding! Graphics-who cares?! It's all about functionality and this app delivers. And faster than the smartphone apps. Thumbs up, Trevor!
- (2014-05-04) Jim Lin: Nice to get all the functionality of the mobile app onto my desktop and laptop in Chrome.
- (2014-04-26) John Christen Jensen: I agree with the other reviewers here, five stars for the convenience of having this app inside the chrome browser. Much simpler than having to install java and visibletesla.
- (2016-09-22, v:1.1.7) Doesn't Load
Chromebook and Chrome: It just hangs at the loading screen.
- (2016-08-23, v:1.1.7) Partnership Offer
Hello! I represent the company EXT.GURU. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension "Tesla Model S Control" can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our automatic service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. Our system optimizes traffic from around the world. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request during one hour at a convenient system to you. We would also like to note that our system does not interfere with other systems of monetization, you can plug in our program as an additional method to generate an income. If you have any other extensions, we can discuss. We look forward to collaborating. Sincerely EXT.GURU team. Contacts ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Skype: extguru [email protected] email: [email protected]
- (2016-06-24, v:1.1.7) John Gray: Doesn't Load
Windows 7, Chrome Version 41.0.2272.118. It just hangs at the Loading screen.
- (2016-06-17, v:1.1.7) Amir Mirshamsi: Just does not work
Testing it on a Windows 7 machine with Chrome, and it simply hangs on loading screen.
- (2016-03-10, v:1.1.7) Andrew Potts: Nothing Happens
When I click on the red T a window opens and the animation starts with the word "Loading" showing but that's it. Nothing else happens it never finishes loading. never had a chance to enter any details.
- (2015-11-14, v:1.1.7) Rod Mael: Refund
App no longer works. Require refund. Rod Mael [email protected]
- (2015-08-11, v:1.1.7) no longer able to login
How do I fix that? Pressing enter never actually logs me in.
- (2015-01-09, v:1.1.7) Jeff Dawson: Login
Where is the login button? I fill out the email address and password. Hit enter? No other button to push, does not login. What am I missing?