A simple way to control the tab order of the browser.
Simple series number 5! This time its a simple tab order customizer. Features include: - change the placement of new tabs - change the tab to focus on when the active tab closes - event page enabled, only loads when needed Updated changelog is in the extension option pages. -------- Reason For Permission Requests: Your tabs and browsing activity -> WHY: Required for use of the chrome.tabs API to obtain tab status, details and also affect tab placement. -------- Note: Though the extension still in an early stage so there may still be bugs I've missed. Please do feedback when something is not working, better if there are steps to replicate the problem. Thanks :)
- (2020-12-11) Franz Schöller: Hat mal funktioniert - seit einiger Zeit leider nicht mehr. Die Einstellungen werden nicht gespeichert, daher wertlos. Schade, dass das nicht behoben wird, war jahrelang brauchbar und hat getan, was es sollte.
- (2020-09-17) C S: Very good, easy to use and simple to operate
- (2020-03-17) Ivan Van Laningham: Behaves inconsistently. Opens tabs at left position (default) about 50% of the time instead of desired right position.
- (2018-11-07) Walter Kalweit: es tut leider NICHT das was es vorgeben möchte zu tun :(
- (2018-06-19) Steve Vig: Didn't change tab order consistently.
- (2018-01-05) Elisei Kulikovsky: Does what it should. But this extension (and others of this kind: Tab Position Options, Tab Position Customizer 2) has an incompatibility with Session Buddy. When reopening saved sessions tabs open in reversed order if Position option in SimpleTabOrder is set to "position right of current tab".
- (2017-10-22) Rogerio M. Souza: O melhor para manter as tabs em ordem!
- (2017-08-02) Yin Cognyto: Perfect - it has exactly the 3 main tab features that I missed, coming from Firefox and TabMix Plus. The rest of TabMix Plus features are either not that important or difficult to achieve in Chrome.
- (2017-06-18) Braden Dodge: It often fails to enforce the one thing it is supposed to and opens new tabs in the default behavior instead of what is set in the options (open new tabs at far right, at end of tab row)
- (2017-05-25) Shu Nie: i like tab order but i want more order options like tab mix plus in firefxo eg. abc->abc
- (2017-05-07) Liu Lao: 还不错！但功能还是少了点
- (2017-04-26) Feng Lin: i think i get it the function,nice try.
- (2017-04-03) Rick Schieck: I have only been using this extension for a few hours and I LOVE it. My biggest pet peeve with Chrome was that whenever I would open a new tab via a link it would never go to that new tab. I would always have to click it myself. Also sometimes a new tab would end up being at the end of my tabs but not accessible unless I used the history or the 'Keepin Tabs manager'. But not any more. Now with this great extension it goes right to the new tab! WooHoo!
- (2015-02-05) Bram Wolfe: Nice extension that helps manage tab behavior. After awhile I went back to the default Chrome tabs, but if I ever want to change I know I can use this extension :)
- (2019-12-27, v:0.5.12) Jun Zhang: 反馈
- (2019-12-26, v:0.5.12) Jun Zhang: 反馈
- (2018-06-27, v:0.5.12) Ordering tabs by URL
the ability to have all the tabs front the same root URL ordered together in the lineup of open tabs would be a much appreciated feature.
- (2018-05-15, v:0.5.12) Travis M: 2nd new tab doesn't follow settings...
My setting is for new tabs to open to the right of the current one. i just noticed this issue: if i open a new tab (chrome default), then close it, and then open ANOTHER new tab... it will open at the far end (after all the other tabs). the behavior remains until i switch to a different tab. it happens both with keyboard shortcuts and the File menu. macOS 10.12.6 Chrome Version 66.0.3359.170 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-01-07, v:0.5.10) Elisei Kulikovsky: Compatibility with Session Buddy
If "Position" option is set to "position right of current tab", tabs open in reversed order when reopening saved sessions in Session Buddy extension.
- (2017-10-01, v:0.5.10) Bob Odyssey: BROKEN!
I take back by last correction, because this thing is still f'd up. Settings are once again disappearing. Either my Chrome is corrupted, or this extension is malfunctioning. None of my other extensions are having issues sooo.....
- (2017-09-30, v:0.5.10) Bob Odyssey: NEVERMIND
After uninstalling and reinstalling a second time, and also closing/reopening Chrome in between, the settings began working again. Before, as soon as I closed the Options window, the settings were lost.
- (2017-09-25, v:0.5.10) X X: Recently stopped working
I adjust the settings to my liking. They work briefly and then stop working - all the settings are blank as if I'd never set them. Not sure if the change occurs at Chrome restart. Now my new tabs are difficult to find and don't open in foreground.
- (2017-06-03, v:0.5.10) Gilles Wittezaële: Open tab in background + new tab : no background
Hello. Very nice extension. I'd like to use the "open in background" option but it also opens new tab in background, that's annoying because if I open a new tab, I need it now so in foreground ;) So I must use another extension : Force background to have this, which opens new tab in foreground... Cool behavior would be "Open all tab in background EXCEPT new tab from button on tab bar".
- (2016-07-14, v:0.5.8) Tracy Cooper Jr: New Tab in background?
I currently have the extension set to open tabs in background which is working perfectly but it seems to also be opening the New Tab page in the background as well. Could you add in a way to have that one page open in the foreground?
- (2015-07-29, v:0.5.8) w1tchf1nd3r g3n3r4l: Internal/External Open
Thanks for a great extension. I'm currently using it in Vivaldi. One suggestion: "On Tab Open" could be split into "internal" and "external". "Internally" opened tabs (such as middle click on a link) would have one behaviour, e.g. next to current tab. "Externally" opened links (such as a click through from my e-mail program) would have another, e.g. on the far right. Thanks again!
- (2015-06-15, v:0.5.8) Tyler W: Keeps crashing
At least once every few days. Maybe it's because I have a ton of tabs open but it's really annoying having to go to the extensions page and click reload.