A simple way to control the tab order of the browser.
Simple series number 5! This time its a simple tab order customizer. Features include: - change the placement of new tabs - change the tab to focus on when the active tab closes - event page enabled, only loads when needed Updated changelog is in the extension option pages. -------- Note: Though the extension still in an early stage so there may still be bugs I've missed. Please do feedback when something is not working, better if there are steps to replicate the problem. Thanks :)
- (2021-11-11) AsinW Wan: 简单、实用
- (2021-08-26) 左之場備鎚: Good working! Thank you. If "Tab Position Customizer - Modified" is not working, try this app.
- (2021-08-09) Lloyd Dunamis: Works as intended, sortof. Definitely lacks other New Tab positioning options (i.e. leave the behaviour of "totally new tab via CTRL+T and pressing of "+" icon in the tab bar" untouched), and has no workaround for breaking Tab groups when relaunching at least Chrome v91.
- (2021-08-09) 浄水: 機能自体は期待通りに動作します、そのこと自体はとても良いのですが。 Google Chromeを起動または再起動するたびにすべてのタブを強制的に読み込もうとします、タブを大量に開いた状態でこの現象に見舞われると、動作に不具合が出るので修正して欲しい。
- (2021-08-05) Emma's Mom: Fails to even open.
- (2021-07-31) Arpad Orfi: Activating wrong tab if the closed tab was moved beforehand. After closing a tab, not always the correct tab is activated. If I move a tab to another position, this seems to make the extension not working correctly. If you move a tab manually, then the extension doesn't work at all, at least if it is set to open new tabs to the right and activate tab to the left when closing. Opening a new tab opens at the original position from where you have moved your tab, and closing the tab activates the tab that WAS left BEFORE you have moved your tab manually. Maybe to code could be modified to execute an invisibly quick CTRL+PgUp, CTRL+PgDn keypress sequence to change the position of the tab back and forth, ensuring that the extension is well aware of the position of the active tab in relation to other tabs even in case the tab was moved manually.
- (2021-07-14) Raiden Roy: Pretty much does what it advertises. The only reason I'm giving it a 4-star rating is that I tend to change the tab order behavior often so I think instead of opening the setting page it would be convenient to just add all the settings in a popup. so whenever I have to change the tab order. I need to just click the extension badge and voila I can instantly change the tab order behavior without even opening the setting page. it would be a time-saving feature please I request you to add this feature. P.S. Thank you for making & maintaining it.
- (2021-06-07) Schwarz Kater: The only working extension to get the productive behavior of new tabs at the end and highlighting the tab to the left after closing. Thanks
- (2021-06-07) AAA OA: Chrome91でこれ系の拡張機能が軒並み動作不良で諦めてたところ、SimpleTabOrderが対応しててやっと新規タブがジャンプしまくるストレスから解放されました。ありがとうございます。
- (2021-06-06) Vick Rollins: Feedback a BUG. For example, when you close Chrome, some tabs are not closed. Every time you start Chrome, all the tabs that are not closed will be affected by the position of the plug-in when the TAB is opened. The position of the TAB will change and reverse.
- (2021-06-05) Kevin Stern: Fails at it's own design: Does not move to the tab to the right of a closed tab. Maybe if there was a way to save option changes?
- (2021-06-05) ju Orange: 太感谢了!被91版快折腾疯了！标签页乱跑
- (2021-06-04) Livio Jhonny Flores Nina: Funciona, que no es poco!!
- (2021-06-04) Torsten Biller: simple & functional! works with latest chrome update Version 91.0.4472.77
- (2021-05-31) Kilo Sierra: This is the only Tab related extension that works with Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77.
- (2021-05-31) Hung Vu: I use it to open tabs right next to the current tab, and it works great for me on both MacOS and Windows/Linux. Initially, it didn't work if I immediately open a new tab after closing a tab. After I close a tab, chrome switches to another tab, and the extension doesn't seem to know about the recently-switched-to tab so it opens new tabs at the far right. This can be fixed by setting the 'After tab close' position as 'go to last active tab' instead of 'default'.
- (2021-05-29) luck yu: 新版Edge可用，很棒！
- (2021-05-29) 玥白: 感谢更新支持91内核
- (2021-05-28) Chowee Claude: Thanks for the new update, it works perfectly again (after the really bad recent Chrome update)
- (2021-05-28) Adam Tran: Don't usually write reviews, but after Chrome updated to ver 91, all the tab order extension didn't work properly anymore except this one.
- (2021-05-28) T W: After today's update (2021-05-27), it has a problem with sorting tabs and grouping tabs - it spreads them randomly and ungroups groups each time chrome is launched. Before this update this extension was great. At the moment I have to uninstall.
- (2021-03-05) Newtomic: Trial fase, but it's working good.
- (2021-02-11) Micheal Espinola: No longer works (doesn't save settings)
- (2020-12-11) Franz Schöller: Hat mal funktioniert - seit einiger Zeit leider nicht mehr. Die Einstellungen werden nicht gespeichert, daher wertlos. Schade, dass das nicht behoben wird, war jahrelang brauchbar und hat getan, was es sollte.
- (2020-09-17) C S: Very good, easy to use and simple to operate
- (2020-03-17) Ivan Van Laningham: Behaves inconsistently. Opens tabs at left position (default) about 50% of the time instead of desired right position.
- (2018-11-07) Walter Kalweit: es tut leider NICHT das was es vorgeben möchte zu tun :(
- (2018-06-19) Steve Vig: Didn't change tab order consistently.
- (2018-01-05) Elisei Kulikovsky: Does what it should. But this extension (and others of this kind: Tab Position Options, Tab Position Customizer 2) has an incompatibility with Session Buddy. When reopening saved sessions tabs open in reversed order if Position option in SimpleTabOrder is set to "position right of current tab".
- (2017-10-22) Rogerio M. Souza: O melhor para manter as tabs em ordem!
- (2017-08-02) Yin Cognyto: Perfect - it has exactly the 3 main tab features that I missed, coming from Firefox and TabMix Plus. The rest of TabMix Plus features are either not that important or difficult to achieve in Chrome.
- (2017-06-18) Braden Dodge: It often fails to enforce the one thing it is supposed to and opens new tabs in the default behavior instead of what is set in the options (open new tabs at far right, at end of tab row)
- (2017-05-25) Shu Nie: i like tab order but i want more order options like tab mix plus in firefxo eg. abc->abc
- (2017-05-07) Liu Lao: 还不错！但功能还是少了点
- (2017-04-26) Feng Lin: i think i get it the function,nice try.
- (2017-04-03) Rick Schieck: I have only been using this extension for a few hours and I LOVE it. My biggest pet peeve with Chrome was that whenever I would open a new tab via a link it would never go to that new tab. I would always have to click it myself. Also sometimes a new tab would end up being at the end of my tabs but not accessible unless I used the history or the 'Keepin Tabs manager'. But not any more. Now with this great extension it goes right to the new tab! WooHoo!
- (2015-02-05) Bram Wolfe: Nice extension that helps manage tab behavior. After awhile I went back to the default Chrome tabs, but if I ever want to change I know I can use this extension :)
- (2021-12-12, v:0.5.16) ちゃっぷ63: Tab Position Order Is Chang After Reboot Google Chrome.
Hello. I used "TabPositionOrder" long time. Thank you very much. Fix Tab is positioning left side. The other tabs are positioning right side of Fix Tab. Tab order was changed each in group when reboot google chrome. Sincerely.
- (2021-07-14, v:0.5.16) Raiden Roy: Add all the setting to the extension popup Instead of opening another tab to change the settings
Why open up a new tab to change the settings when there's more convenient method available? just add all the setting to a popup window to the extension badge. so whenever the user wants to change some settings the user can just click the extension badge the setting popup will appear without ever needing to change the tabs which will be more convenient & time-saving for the user who changes the tabs order setting pretty frequently.
- (2021-07-10, v:0.5.16) Arpad Orfi: Activating wrong tab if the closed tab was moved beforehand
Hello. After closing a tab, not always the correct tab is activated. If I move a tab to another position, this seems to make the extension not working correctly. Most of the time the extension works but changing the order of tabs manually breaks the logic. If, after manually relocating the tab, I press CTRL+PgUp or CTRL+PgDn (to switch to another tab then back), then SimpleTabOrder works correctly. But obviously this is just a workaround, but inconvenient. If you move a tab manually, then SimpleTabOrder doesn't work at all, at least if it is set to open new tabs to the right and activate tab to the left when closing. Opening a new tab opens at the original position from where you have moved your tab, and closing the tab activates the tab that WAS left BEFORE you have moved your tab manually.
- (2021-07-03, v:0.5.16) Norbert Gutheins: Will there be an update to version 0.5.17
Will there be an update to version 0.5.17 soon, so that my problem will also end? I have deactivated SimpleTabOrder at the moment and miss the comfort of this extension very much. Regarding my problem, please have a look at my message from June 2021.
- (2021-06-25, v:0.5.16) Ron Kaledas: it stopped working!
tabs are opening right next to the current tab. when I go to the simpletaborder settings, I can set the radio buttons, but there's no "save" and the settings don't stick...this was working!
- (2021-06-17, v:0.5.16) Norbert Gutheins: Update to version 0.5.16 has not eliminated problems
The update to version 0.5.16 unfortunately did not solve my problem with the tab groups and the order of the tabs. That's a pity, I love this extension and wouldn't want to miss it. Before I tried, I update Chrome to Version 91.0.4472.114 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
- (2021-06-12, v:0.5.15) Norbert Gutheins: Update to version 0.5.15 has not eliminated problems
The update to version 0.5.15 unfortunately did not solve my problem with the tab groups and the order of the tabs.
- (2021-06-06, v:0.5.14) Kyle Collins: Inconsistent Behavior
This extension sometimes randomly reverts back to default Chrome tab opening position (to the right of the current tab) instead of respecting the open all tabs to the furthest right option I have selected. This also results in some odd behavior for which tab to focus on after closing the active tab even with the default option selected for that.
- (2021-06-05, v:0.5.14) Norbert Gutheins: Tab order sorted incorrectly after start / Tab groups have only one tab
Since the last Chrome update a few days ago, I have had the problem that after a PC restart or after a new start of Chrome, the order of my tabs is sorted the wrong way and in the case of tab groups, there is only one tab in the respective group. I deactivated all extensions in Chrome, then the error was gone. Then I activated one extension after the other and restarted Chrome each time. The error described above only occurs with the extension "Simple-Tab-Order". Version of Simple-Tab-Order: 0.5.14 Number of groups: 4 Number of my tabs: 51 Google Chrome is up to date. Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit) Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- (2021-06-05, v:0.5.14) 予約次郎: The tab group is broken.
It is google chrome 91. Immediately after installing'SimpleTabOrder', it works as expected. The problem occurs after quitting google chrome and launching it again. Most of the tab groups are broken, and all open tabs are always loaded. Thank you.
- (2021-06-02, v:0.5.14) Arpad Orfi: Tab order is not working - activating wrong one after closing tab
Hello, After closing a tab, not always the correct one is activated. E.g. if I move a tab to another position, this seems to make it not working correctly. Most of the time the extension works, but occasionally not. I can't clearly determine the circumstances. Maybe changing the order of tabs manually might cause the issue.
- (2021-05-27, v:0.5.14) first name last name: pop-ups opening in different window
Any chance of making pop-ups in the same window? makes it much easier to manage/close unwanted pop-ups.
- (2019-12-27, v:0.5.12) Jun Zhang: 反馈
- (2019-12-26, v:0.5.12) Jun Zhang: 反馈
- (2018-06-27, v:0.5.12) Ordering tabs by URL
the ability to have all the tabs front the same root URL ordered together in the lineup of open tabs would be a much appreciated feature.
- (2018-05-15, v:0.5.12) T M: 2nd new tab doesn't follow settings...
My setting is for new tabs to open to the right of the current one. i just noticed this issue: if i open a new tab (chrome default), then close it, and then open ANOTHER new tab... it will open at the far end (after all the other tabs). the behavior remains until i switch to a different tab. it happens both with keyboard shortcuts and the File menu. macOS 10.12.6 Chrome Version 66.0.3359.170 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2018-01-07, v:0.5.10) Elisei Kulikovsky: Compatibility with Session Buddy
If "Position" option is set to "position right of current tab", tabs open in reversed order when reopening saved sessions in Session Buddy extension.
- (2017-10-01, v:0.5.10) Bob Odyssey: BROKEN!
I take back by last correction, because this thing is still f'd up. Settings are once again disappearing. Either my Chrome is corrupted, or this extension is malfunctioning. None of my other extensions are having issues sooo.....
- (2017-09-30, v:0.5.10) Bob Odyssey: NEVERMIND
After uninstalling and reinstalling a second time, and also closing/reopening Chrome in between, the settings began working again. Before, as soon as I closed the Options window, the settings were lost.
- (2017-09-25, v:0.5.10) X X: Recently stopped working
I adjust the settings to my liking. They work briefly and then stop working - all the settings are blank as if I'd never set them. Not sure if the change occurs at Chrome restart. Now my new tabs are difficult to find and don't open in foreground.
- (2017-06-03, v:0.5.10) Gilles Wittezaële: Open tab in background + new tab : no background
Hello. Very nice extension. I'd like to use the "open in background" option but it also opens new tab in background, that's annoying because if I open a new tab, I need it now so in foreground ;) So I must use another extension : Force background to have this, which opens new tab in foreground... Cool behavior would be "Open all tab in background EXCEPT new tab from button on tab bar".
- (2016-07-14, v:0.5.8) Tracy Cooper Jr: New Tab in background?
I currently have the extension set to open tabs in background which is working perfectly but it seems to also be opening the New Tab page in the background as well. Could you add in a way to have that one page open in the foreground?
- (2015-07-29, v:0.5.8) w1tchf1nd3r g3n3r4l: Internal/External Open
Thanks for a great extension. I'm currently using it in Vivaldi. One suggestion: "On Tab Open" could be split into "internal" and "external". "Internally" opened tabs (such as middle click on a link) would have one behaviour, e.g. next to current tab. "Externally" opened links (such as a click through from my e-mail program) would have another, e.g. on the far right. Thanks again!
- (2015-06-15, v:0.5.8) Tyler W: Keeps crashing
At least once every few days. Maybe it's because I have a ton of tabs open but it's really annoying having to go to the extensions page and click reload.