A simple tool to unify link behavior across the web. Control how and when links open in a new tab.
Target Blank gives you complete control over link behavior. This is useful for anyone who likes their links to always open in a new tab (or vice versa). It's a great tool for research! For any website (or domain) you choose, click the Target Blank icon and enable link behavior preferences. From there, you can choose whether internal links (that navigate within the same site) or external links (that navigate to other sites) should open in the same tab or a new one. You can also choose where new tab links open and whether they should be the new focus in your window. There are dozens of combinations, so you can find the settings combo that is right for you! Any time you open the Target Blank options pane, you are looking at options for the current website that you are on. If you change or suspend the options for that site, your settings for other sites will remain unchanged. Target Blank comes with default preferences enabled for google.com, bing.com, baidu.com, duckduckgo.com, wikipedia.org, yahoo.com, and developer.mozilla.org. **Note** enabling Target Blank on some sites may result in unexpected behavior, usually because those websites have some extra functionality tied to their links. You can always disable or suspend preferences for a site. Think you can help make Target Blank better? Shoot us an email at [email protected]
- (2022-03-21) Naga: may be, need to setting?
- (2022-03-12) Colorful Viet Nam: Yeah. This tool is what I need. Very very useful to me. Thanks author
- (2021-04-02) CHIRAG SAHU: working as expected
- (2019-12-03) Hagen Fritsch: Doesn’t work for me. Links still open in a new tab.
- (2019-11-08) Ahmed Abdellatif: 👍
- (2019-03-09) Or Schiro: This is a cool idea, thanks! 😊👍
- (2019-01-18) Meghan Rega: This makes browsing Wayfair and Esty bearable! Thank you!
- (2018-07-12) Moses Drake: Using this for SharePoint Online. Works great!