Swap words on the web with anything you want.
SwappitySwap is simple - list words or phrases that you'd like to replace along with their substitutes, and you'll see those substitutes instead of the original words all across the web! Hate the word "moist"? Everyone does. Change it to "kinda wet" and click "Swap". Done! This free extension lets you view your current list of swaps and easily add a new one from a single interface. Some swaps can be silly, like these: -- cat --> wittle kitty-cat -- hashtag --> tic-tac-toe thingy Some swaps can be pretty useful, like these: -- Denmark --> Denmark (Copenhagen) -- oxygen --> oxygen (8 protons, 8 neutrons) (Yes, you can keep the original word in the swap! It's a great way to add on some additional context.) SwappitySwap is case-sensitive. If you want to erase a swap, click the trash can to the right of it in the "Current Swaps" section. Want to return to your normal browsing experience? The "Reset All" button at the bottom right should do the trick. Made by Crooked Labs. It's less a laboratory and more three chaps from Philly. Find more info: http://crookedlabs.co | @crookedlabs. *** April Fools has come and gone! But if you haven't already, make sure you install SwappitySwap and fool your friends, coworkers, roommates and parents. Just make sure you swap responsibly. If you're planning on using this for a prank, don't forget to hide the extension button by right clicking and selecting Hide in Chrome Menu!***
- (2018-04-16) Freaking great! My favorite right now is swapping Facebook with FartParty. I see it in every webpage that has trackers and it makes me laugh every time :) Thanks for the fun plugin!
- (2018-03-15) Michael Glass: Works great and I'd love to give it five stars, but causes a strange issue with Gmail (and possibly other sites, but I haven't experienced it yet). When typing a message in Gmail at the first line or after a line break the first letter will type and the rest of the text will type behind it. Example: elloH hat's up?W It took me forever to figure out what was causing this. Unfortunately, had to disable the app because it was too much of a hassle while typing emails. Hope the devs can figure something out to resolve this!
- (2017-12-30) Steve Rand: I tried two extensions before this one and they didn't really work very well. This extension DOES work well but makes all my Facebook comments and posts type backwards (right to left) until I disable it.
- (2017-12-17) Tashiro Terumoto: Awesome! so i don't have to look at the ugly actress's name again!
- (2017-04-12) LanDest021 Official: It is amazing! I can use it for some of the more fun stuff, and it is not only for fun. I can use it for privacy as well when I am making a youtube video. Thank you very much, and I don't know why I am still using the internet without it <3
- (2016-04-07) heyzeus023: "Trump" is now "Duck" and "Bernie" is now "Colonel". Best extension ever <3 I can surf the web in peace now <3
- (2016-04-05) Thomas Sciolla: You can get pretty creative! I use it to give myseld a laugh every morning when i open up CNN. It now says bulls**t news!
- (2016-03-27) Julie Williams: Love this.. Does exactly what it says it does... I have already found so many different ways to use it.
- (2018-07-04, v:1.0.17) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Edit swap word function
I am missing the opportunity to edit the swap list, for example when I made a spelling error, so that I don't have do delete the whole swap rule, but can edit either the replacement word as also the original word to be replaced.
- (2017-04-28, v:1.0.17) Tyler W: Cursor jumping
There are certain web programs - Facebook, Google Docs, Gmail - where I've been experiencing trouble while typing. In some instances, the keyboard types backwards (e.g., "Google" = "elgooG"). In other instances, it's just the first letter that goes backwards (e.g., "Google" = "oogleG") This was a problem that seemed specific to Chrome, so I went through each of my extensions, disabling them one by one, until I found Swappity Swap was the culprit. It's too bad, too, because I really love the extension. Please fix! :)
- (2017-04-12, v:1.0.17) LanDest021 Official: Random
Can you add in a feature where you can have it choose random from a list of words that you choose for a word instead of it always being the same. That would be great! 8)
- (2017-03-07, v:1.0.17) Jim Green: Words List
Import from text file or text area for paste.