Allows configurable filtering/removal of deviations by user, keyword, and/or category on DeviantArt.
DEVIANTART FILTER FOR GOOGLE CHROME > Allows configurable filtering/removal of deviations by user, tag, and/or category on DeviantArt OVERVIEW Have you ever want to block/filter deviations (a.k.a. submissions) while browsing DeviantArt? Well now you can! Just install DeviantArt Filter from the Chrome Web Store and start filtering by user, tag, and/or category. Visit the official DeviantArt Filter site for usage instructions, release notes, and more: https://rthaut.github.io/deviantART-Filter/
- (2020-03-18) Winter: It's don't running
- (2020-02-18) Hat Man: It worked a bit after first getting it, but has yet to work at all since then.
- (2020-01-03) Martin VanBuren: I really want to like DeviantArt and this filter. There is SO MUCH - so, so much! - creepy, fetish art that it's near impossible to find even just normal bad art let alone the good stuff. If it even worked anymore, this extension feels like a finger in the dam that's leaking from a hundred other places.
- (2019-12-06) Elizabeth Randolph: Absolutely crucial for both casual and regular users of Deviantart. Extremely user friendly. The only thing I think would improve this extension would be a feature that gives the user the ability to hide the placeholder images. I do a lot of filtering and I often run into a problem where filtered deviations clutter up my search results. If I'm only going to see like, say 6 unfiltered deviations on a single page, I'd like to at least be able to cut all the negative space that gets used up.
- (2019-10-09) Comrade Winston: Doesn't work on eclipse.
- (2019-07-22) Lohengrin Percival: No longer works.
- (2019-06-18) SHAME: For some reason as of late it refuses to work. All the stuff I filtered out is showing up again despite the extension being enabled and filters being present. Additionally, when clicking on the extension, the options menu will sometime not open, instead being greeted by the generic menu used for all extensions. My review is a single star until this issue is addressed and promptly solved.
- (2019-06-05) Sumo: Funktioniert Nicht [English] Dosent Work
- (2019-05-27) Sancosity: Doesn't work. I don't know if something has changed on DA, but it's not blocking the tags at all. I'm not giving 1 star, because I WANT this extension to work, and I have hope that they'll fix it eventually.
- (2018-12-17) cool epic: good typing practice many words to learn and always seems to be more to add to the filter makes the rest of the site tolerable
- (2018-12-08) Kerynean: Makes deviantart USEABLE again - I can actually browse popular categories again and filter out fetish art which unfortunately plagues the website in it's current state. Hopefully DA will step up eventually and create some mandatory tagging system that helps filter this stuff ... till then, I have this extension.
- (2018-10-26) Jon Klein: It's amazing what an improvement 4 or 5 filters makes! (Although I'm up to several dozen.)
- (2018-10-06) Fleur-dRae: Much needed. Works excellently. Thank you 1000 times over!
- (2018-08-29) B. Mueller: Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I can safely browse dA without getting bombarded with gross fetish art. It works great!
- (2018-05-21) Nicole Barber: because of course deviantart has a tagging system but no way to filter using it. i've wanted one of these for years and now i've found it. not only can you filter by tag, but you can also filter specific users and also categories. occasionally it takes a second to catch up with my scrolling speed but otherwise works great. maybe i can actually visit this site in public now.
- (2018-04-13) Beka Vujic: freaking amazing
- (2017-12-13) Kailey Fox: Very useful. I'm sick of all the fetish art. Now I can finally search in peace.
- (2017-09-08) Rowan Waltho: This extension is a lifesaver, my browsing experience on DeviantArt has become much more clean, pleasant, and safe since I've discovered & installed this extension. Now I no longer have to worry about seeing cancerous fart, inflation, & feet fetish crapshit, and if I do see it, I can just hide it with a single click thanks to this extension. 10/10 from me.
- (2020-03-02, v:5.1.2) Crystallink M: Icon Disappeared
The icon for the extension no longer appears, so I'm unable to make changed to the filters, and I accidentally filtered my own account with it.
- (2019-10-12, v:5.1.2) Stacey Choate: Can't Open Management Panel
Just downloaded it today, and when I click on the red logo, the "options" part is greyed out and I can't click it.
- (2019-08-13, v:5.1.2) Ivory: No longer working
I've used this filter for a good while now and it used to work wonders... but ever since I started using the new DA layout (Eclipse) it has been acting a little weird. Content I've tagged and filtered out still shows up when I'm browsing. I'm using the new feature DA added (muted tags) but I would rather see this extension fixed because it is much more practical and doesn't have a silly cap like the site does.
- (2019-06-18, v:5.1.1) SHAME: Extension No Longer Functions
The extension no longer functions. Options menu no longer appears and filters do nothing. Please resolve ASAP because I refuse to browse that site until this is solved.
- (2019-05-27, v:5.1.1) Sancosity: Doesn't work at all
I've added the tags I want filtered, yet it doesn't remove them at all, they're all still there! I've done it correctly, I haven't put hashtags.
- (2018-10-12, v:5.0.3) Brett Garner: Tags and Categories Not Working
This extension is fantastic, thank you! However, I'm only able to filter by user. I can add tags, but pieces with that tag are not filtered (I'm not using the hashtag, also tried with and without wildcard). For categories, I can't even add them - the drop-down menu is empty and does not allow for free-text entry. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
- (2018-09-29, v:5.0.3) Christopher Brownlee: Not appearing in the address bar
I've read the instructions and did literally everything I could, but I just can't get the icon to appear in my browser.