Hide unwanted streams, games, categories, channels and tags on: twitch.tv
Hide unwanted streams, games, categories, channels and tags on: twitch.tv Features - hide unwanted categories/games - hide unwanted channels/streams - hide unwanted tags - hide stream reruns - hide streams based on their title - filtering on "Following" page can be disabled (in settings) - toggle visibility of "X" buttons - share blacklists using import/export (in settings) - blacklist is automatically synced between devices (in settings, can be deactivated) - one-click-toggle to disable/enable extension (click on the extension icon to access) - compatible with BetterTTV (BTTV) and FrankerFaceZ (FFZ) - supports Twitch's Dark Mode Supported pages - Browse: Categories - Browse: Live Channels - Game: Live Channels - Game: Videos - Game: Clips - Frontpage/Discover - Following - Sidebar (filtering only, no buttons to add items to the blacklist) Support the continuous development of this extension I am working on this extension in my spare time. And although I don't watch twitch.tv that much anymore, I still want people to be able to hide content they are not interested in. So as long as Twitch doesn't offer a native way to achieve that, I will continue developing this extension and make it work with future updates to the twitch.tv website. If you want to support me, feel free to spread the word and/or consider donating (https://www.paypal.me/devservice/5eur). ❤️ Contributing to this extension Regardless if you are a regular user or a developer yourself, check out the contribution page on GitHub for information about how you can help this project (https://github.com/kwaschny/unwanted-twitch/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md). Notice Twitch is infamous for changing their website without further notice, which may break this extension over night. If you notice pages no longer working properly, disable the extension, report the issue and wait for an update.
- (2020-10-08) okonoma: 08.10.2020 Работает отлично, просто спасение! Спасибо!!!
- (2020-09-30) 뛰어랏: I don't want to see League of Legends streams and I input League of Legends in Blacklisted Categories but it can't block League of Legends streams. Why?
- (2020-09-19) 박스터: It doesn't work. fix plz!!
- (2020-09-19) David Douthart: Installed, added a channel I don't want to see to the blacklisted channels list, channel still appears in my recommended channels. Does not work.
- (2020-09-12) Kristoff Seisler: Used to work great but it has been completely useless for quiet some while (assuming its abandoned)
- (2020-08-14) Gatchy Bass: I've needed something like this for a long time and recently discovered this extension. I can't believe Twitch hasn't implemented something like this already. Thank you!
- (2020-07-23) Tom Pake: Amazing I love it could you make one for YouTube?
- (2020-04-08) Riizer: Thank you. Very useful to block games you don't want to watch anyway. Like this new mobile game that all the streamers are sponsored to play.
- (2020-04-07) Tommy Bergeron: Would be GREAT if it worked properly. Save simply clears the entire database or keeps the same entries without saving anything. Using the preferences is useless, using the X buttons to hide stuff directly on Twitch works though. This is something I really need, especially when everybody starts playing the same games for promotion..
- (2020-03-22) Real Skaarj: Nice and easy. Would be nicer if the grey X will only appear at mouseover instead of permanent.
- (2020-03-22) Nguyễn Công: please let me hide unlimited streamers i dont want to see. (now 6000+ is limited)
- (2020-03-15) jb: 리뷰 보고 안되는줄 알았는데 잘 되서 다행이네요.
- (2020-03-11) 크앙: 잘 되다가 왜 갑자기 x누르면 목록이 깜박깜박거리는거죠?? 추천도 다시뜨고
- (2020-03-11) Bart Jansen: recently blocked a channel, so this thing started bugging out and reloading the page every second, i removed all blocked channels to fix it and now its not working, i see blocked categories and i cant block channels
- (2020-03-10) --: Thank you for the quick update to yesterdays issue! Now we wait.
- (2020-03-10) Mark Mark: Absolute must https://youtu.be/ARhep2-_SMM?t=2
- (2020-03-10) 정신차려: 왜 차단할려고 X 누르면 채널 깜빡 이는거임?
- (2020-03-10) sung kim: ㄱㄱ
- (2020-03-10) Booker TV: 특정 채널 x누르면 채널 목록 깜빡거림-- 씹 그지같은 앱
- (2020-03-09) Plenu Molag: Not sure if that's only for me, but it got broken today. List of channels blinks, - maybe trying to unload and load again in infinite cycle.
- (2020-03-09) Tony Angello Acuña Flores: Useful extension, thanks.
- (2020-03-08) Kazuya Dirz: Works great, would love to have some others options like switching to a whitelist mode, or adding personnal tags to streams/games
- (2020-02-20) Flynn Wizzergod: Работает вродь но с костылями но пока что это единственное что есть, еще б для ютуба такое сделал б было б оч хорошо)
- (2020-02-06) EZD-183: Very good!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2020-01-15) Philipp Glass: It was working just fine, but not anymore. Filtering (i.e. languages) doesnt work. Is there any chance for an update?
- (2020-10-02, v:20.6.19) René Jiménez: Suddenly stopped working
all the Categories, channels, tags and titles on my blacklist are once again appearing. The "x" marker has also disappeared
- (2020-07-19, v:20.6.19) You Tube: Block streamer addons?
Could you make this also block addons like "Charmin" and Twitch Drop and on-screen "promotion" popups?
- (2020-06-20, v:20.3.11) Connor Tilley: Blacklist reverts to no entries.
I click on the manage blacklist button, add categories, hit save. It gives me the prompt to reload, I reload - nothing is blocked. If I click manage blacklist again, there are no entries.
- (2020-06-09, v:20.3.11) Gareth Hubball: Doesn't block the correct channels
I'm on twitch.tv/directory/following and a channel that's on my blocklist appears in the recommended channels.
- (2020-05-19, v:20.3.11) Sefa Çiçek: Offline support
The extension does not work when we do not enter the Twitch site. Let's start working when logging into the site.
- (2020-05-18, v:20.3.11) Dennis Zellner: Blocked channels reappeared. I think Twitch might have changed something.
- (2020-05-02, v:20.3.11) Jim Jones: Great extension. One suggestion.
A feature to hide streams by viewer count. Some of the best hidden content on twitch has less than 50 viewers and that's hard to find in big categories.
- (2020-04-06, v:20.3.11) About Blank: A Good Extension Feature
Hi, I just wanted to suggest to add a simple button, like "Undo last removed channel". So, with this button I will be able to revert removing the last channel that I accidentally deleted. Thank you!
- (2020-03-10, v:20.2.5) 지나가던리어카박씨: infinite refresh korean channels
used x button on thumbnail > infinite refresh so i've tried to manually type channel name by KR and EN both at manage page but it isn't working too. when used x button, blacklisted channel name does not display at manage page. i can see just blank line
- (2020-03-10, v:20.2.5) matt: still work?
When I am clicking on the X button on a single stream it is added a 'blank' name on the blacklist when is then hiding every stream. If I copy paste the stream name on to the black list, save then refresh the Twitch page, it does not hide it.
- (2020-02-14, v:20.2.5) Wandering Boo: Any Chat Functions?
Hi, I've been looking for a client-side extension that would allow me to hide/block users whose message will be filtered out based on a set criteria. (Ex. Hiding messages that contain specific terms or emotes.) It seems like this extension focuses more on managing the channels you see, but is this a potential feature you'd consider? Cheers mate.
- (2020-01-25, v:20.1.20) Miya Zaki: Does it work while in-stream window?
This extension is great as it finally allows me to hide live channels that I followed but currently don't watch without unfollowing them. However the problem I have is that that extension works on something like the home page/following page but if I open a stream in that window of the stream it shows the blocked channels again. So I am wondering is this fixable on my end? Is it a bug? Or even intended like this? I am using Chrome.
- (2020-01-20, v:19.10.14) Steffen Brumm: in addition to my last comment
filtering of 'recommended Channels' works on the mainpage (so: www.twitch.tv) but NOT on (www.twitch.tv/<channelname>') with activated setting "Also filter Followed Channels". (hope that helps a bit) ;)
- (2020-01-14, v:19.10.14) M B: Tags
Thank you so much for this great extension! Saves me a lot of time. I've been using it for a long time but the list of blocked tags has stopped working. It doesn't help adding them manually to the list and since Twitch's update there is no longer an X to click on to block tags. Is there a way to fix this?
- (2020-01-13, v:19.10.14) Steffen Brumm: Plugin doesnt work wih 'Recommended Channels'
Hi, Is it possible to remove channels from 'Recommended channels'? The plugin seems not to work there. Maybe it is because the channel uses upper and lower case letters. I use the latest released Chromeversion.
- (2019-12-14, v:19.10.14) Keith C: God Bless you sir
that is all :)
- (2019-11-15, v:19.10.14) Jordi Valls: Pokémon Sword/Shield
It doesn't block streams of Pokémon Sword/Shield, but works with everything else.
- (2019-06-27, v:19.6.27) Henri Eskola: Followed channels page problem
If I turn the "Also filter Followed Channels" option on, the page removes the channels from the view, but the space for them is still there. Big blocks in between the channels that have games that I have not blocked.
- (2019-03-18, v:19.2.23) Rondorix: Game/Category Not Properly Filtered
Late as this is, apologies on that.. Also, wasn't sure how to reply to the reply I got, so just did this, instead. Not sure how to add something to the blacklist "via button", unless you mean the "Manage Blacklist" button on the category page, which only just opens the blacklist for me, and doesn't actually add the game in. So, yeah I have to do it manually. Not sure what URL you're asking for though.Guessing you mean the URL of the game category itself, or? Either way, what ends up in the blacklist is, copypasted directly from it, "pokemon: let's go, pikachu!/eevee!". And the category URL is.. https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Pokemon%3A%20Let's%20Go%2C%20Pikachu!%2FEevee!?tl=1 Incase that's what you need.
- (2019-03-05, v:19.2.23) Rondorix: Game/Category Not Properly Filtered
I've noticed that trying to filter "Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!" with the extension doesn't seem to work, as despite that being the actual category name streams of that game/category aren't hidden/removed from view.
- (2019-02-22, v:19.2.13) Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza: Filter by gender / view count
I want to only see women with only 50 viewers or below, because when there are few hundered viewers I can't feel close connection with a streamer.
- (2019-02-18, v:19.2.13) Limit Exceeded. List reset. How to get the list back? Increase limit?
So, reached some 8k banned channels and received a message (header pop up type) saying the limit was exceeded. When I clicked the extension to check, it showed the empty list with 0. This is a problem in the design.
- (2019-02-17, v:19.2.13) Кирилл Дегтяренко: Стерлись все данные.
После тщательного отбора стримеров для просмотра накопилось уже 8000 в черном списке. После того, как начал отбирать игры вылезло какое-то сообщение о том, что список переполнен и весь черный список был очищен.
- (2019-02-11, v:19.2.8) Filter games being played by streamers on your following list.
Ideally i'd like to be able to not see streamers i'm following, who are playing X game, but when they aren't playing X game i'd like to see them again. Think this is possible?
- (2019-02-11, v:19.2.8) Drew Kollasch: fantastic!
Was looking for just the thing this does, thank you!! However, after blocking a specific category (specifically apex legends), those streaming the game no longer show up in the main page, but still show up in the small 'followed channels' list on the left side. Is removing them from this list something this extension could do as well?