Filter profanity and other user defined words from NetFlix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Disney+ and more.
Stream Clean allows you to filter profanity and other user-defined words on NetFlix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Disney+ and more using closed captioning.
- (2020-02-26) ski py: I would like to thank Adam for creating this tool. It works quite well and catches the profanity - which is very prevalent in most movies today. It will mute more then the swear word - like the sentence which the word is included so you may miss a few words when it is active. BUT this is a small inconvenience considering what a great job it does. We can now finish a movie without hearing the garbage which so often is used. I also like the fact that I can add or delete certain words you want muted - depending on what your preference is. The subtitles setting allows you to set it so you don't have them playing on the screen as watch your show. Thanks again Adam - WELL DONE!!!
- (2019-12-29) Ken B: So far, so good. Initially it was not filtering, but I sent an email to the creator instead of first giving a poor rating. He was able to respond and provide instructions to get it going in less than 30 minutes. Customer service is great!
- (2019-11-17) Rocco du Plessis: Fantastic little extension! Really impressed and grateful for the Dev's efforts! Super smart "Show captions when muted" option too. Would be perfect with one addition: Most streaming services force subtitles when someone speaks in a foreign language momentarily (even when subtitles are off) so you can follow what is being said (I.e. in an English film, if someone speaks Spanish for a moment, subtitles are normally present even when they're turned off). Unfortunately, forced subtitles are also hidden with the 'hide subtitles' option, so you no longer see those. It may not be possible to allow forced subtitles through, but would be amazing if it could be done. If not, a keyboard shortcut to temporarily disable the 'hide subtitles' option may be a good workaround as you can then skip back and see what is being said. Keep up the great work!
- (2019-11-13) Katie Malgren: This extension has been amazing to use!! Would it be possible to add filtering for Disney Plus?
- (2019-09-09) Kailah Gotte: It worked at first and now it doesnt anymore, its not working on hulu or netflix.
- (2019-06-26) John Orth: This extension is fantastic. I have it constantly enabled and use it across Netflix, Stan and Prime. I also like the feature allowing you to hide the subtitles. Well done Adam!
- (2019-05-08) Anonymous Person: Works well. Thankful.
- (2019-04-19) Josh Cougle: First... this extension is awesome. It works consistently and has made watching Netflix something I can do without constantly wincing. Thank you so much for your great work on it! This isn't a complaint more than it is a question/hope... is there anyway, that you can make this work like the old TV Guardian did... where it hides the captions until a filtered word is found... then mutes the sound and displays the captions with the asterisks? Either way... I'm a fan... but this would make it perfect. Thanks again for this extension... it's really helped me a lot!
- (2019-02-21) Playdot Apparel 2: Works great, good job...donation coming your way!!
- (2019-01-21) I like the extension in itself. It's very useful... most of the time. Now it will work for one or two episodes before it stops working all together and I have to uninstall and re download it. It can be really annoying.
- (2019-01-03) Al Pal: Its good, but it has flaws. First of all, i wish that there was a way to turn off Whole Word Matching. For example, if i add the word "stream" to the list, then streamclean will only mute when the word "stream" is alone. But if the word "streamclean" is in the subtitles, then it wont get muted. I dont like this and would have wished that there was an option to turn off the whole word match. Another problem is that it sometimes may mute a little late, this has been happening so far in Tubi and Amazon. Also, if the subtitle doesnt align well with the audio, then stream clean will mute at the wrong place. So hope that theres improvement to this app.
- (2018-12-26) tim v: i really love this app for Netflix, it works better than any I've tried in the past, I would really love to be able to use it for Cravetv in Canada. it says it has access to the site, but doesn't seem to catch any of the swears, could you help me with this? Where can I send my email to communicate with you? Thank you for the app and your time. .
- (2018-11-30) Robin Michelle: I had to keep reloading the filter but it works great. This is the only problem I had keeping it stay on my chrome web page.
- (2018-11-07) LocatedLeech 1207: Everything works great I really appreciate the fact that someone actually was able to do it. :)
- (2018-10-31) Greg Widener: This is an excellent Chrome extension! Life changing good stuff. Thanks to you, kind developer, I am able to watch some shows and movies that I otherwise wouldn't without your sanitizing extension. I've tested it on Amazon, Hulu and YouTube and it works well everywhere. Donation coming your way! Please keep this updated so it continues to work. I really appreciate your work!
- (2018-09-17) Brooke Benefield: I really want to like this! but it isn't working for me on Amazon Prime.
- (2018-08-20) Micah: I added this to my Chrome, started watching a series in Amazon Prime, had the extension on, had CC on the stream, but literally had zero effect. Even double checked the profane words and spellings to make sure they match those used in the series. Please let me know whether I am missing something, would love to find an extension that works.
- (2018-08-18) Tony Robinson: There is one improvement that I suggested and the author already did one tweak to make a change in that direction (I may be asking for something that no software is able to do: not only take out an offending word, but the phrase or sentence that it is found in, so that brains do not fill in the blank). However, this program does exactly what the programmer claims. Unless you want to spend the time downloading video and text files to edit them manually to replace them with acceptable phrases, a time consuming task that I have done, this is a quick fix to easily watch videos that you would normally pass by. I use this software to erase subtitles of Korean/Japanese/Chinese videos where many of their translators act as though all English speakers use or accept profanity.
- (2018-07-18) MrWhitetailtracker: Works pretty good but you must add all the words you want blocked. Im thankful for something like this!
- (2018-06-19) This filter not only blocks the offending words but it also blocks the audio. It wasn't working on two sites I use, so I contacted the author and he added it immediately (within 24 hours!) He is awesome!
- (2018-06-19) E Gogga: EXCELLENT. I was going to cancel my Netflix as I am sick of constantly hear Jesus Christ in each episode,
- (2018-03-07) Katie Bennett: I am grateful for this extension! Would you consider adding filtering for Hallmark Movies Now (hmnow.com)?
- (2018-01-22) K. Asher: Fantastic Extension and the developer is great! He does a wonderful job supporting it. He also says that the miliseconds will be an option soon so for the previous review just watch for that to be added. I am really shocked this is free and espeially for the level of expertise the developer has. I took it upon myself to send him some donations because of how pleased I am with the extension Working with DirectVNow live TV is HUGE for me, and he is even looking into playstation Vue service which is even better. Thank you AdamS!!!!!!