Filter profanity from Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Instant Video when CC is enabled
We now support filtering for Oprah Winfrey Network, TLC-Go, Fubo, and Investigation Discovery channels as well! UFIlter is an incredible new tool that lets you watch content from all of the major streaming services without all of the offensive words! For the price of just one movie, you get the ability to filter the language out of over 100,000 movies and TV episodes! There has been a huge influx of amazing new shows in recent years, the only downside is that they insist on swearing like crazy! With UFilter you can filter out any word that you don't want to hear. If UFilter detects that the word is coming, it will mute the speakers so you don't hear it, and it will show you the subtitles so you don't miss out on the context - without the offensive words of course!
- (2019-04-14) Rocco du Plessis: Used to work when it was still free. Haven't got it working after many attempts. What a pity, had such great potential.
- (2019-01-07) Arthur Desurne: Not working on Hulu at all contacted support no reply
- (2019-01-04) Al Pal: didnt work. I tried getting it to work and it didnt
- (2018-12-01) Mike Hurst: Did not work. loaded on Chrome and restarted browser. Checked settings and started several movies in those sources that are advertised. Did not work at all. Will update review if developer can get a version that works.
- (2018-09-25) Matthew Waters: I downloaded UFilter for Hulu but it doesn't seem to be working.
- (2018-08-30) James Adams: Doesn't work on Netflix with Chrome 68.0.3440.106 (64-bit). Tried watching the movie The Aviator. Tons of blasphemy slipping through the filter. Works around 25% of the time, and fails the rest. Works as advertised with Amazon video. However, in the tv show The Expanse, the subtitles are late by around half a second, so lots of blasphemy slips through. A feature request to the developer: please add a slider bar in the settings that allows users to adjust the filter timing by up to 1 second faster or slower to compensate for mis-timed subtitles. Thanks.
- (2018-07-29) M.S. Reeves: 5-10-18 Update: It is now working. Developer has been in touch after a long period of silence. I have used on Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube. It works best for me on Amazon. With Netflix and YouTube it can be a little spotty where the CC will pop up while viewing. However, it is properly filtering. Suggestions for users: If you uninstall and reinstall, it erases any words you added to the filtered word list. DO NOT HAVE A COMMA AFTER YOUR LAST WORD. This seems to mute all audio with dialogue. After any additions to your list, be sure to click the "Save Settings" button. Refresh the page you were watching the video on for new filtered words to take effect. Thanks for the update guys. When working, this software add on to Chrome is well worth the money.
- (2018-06-28) Ladipo Davies: Developer was extremely helpful in guiding me on how best to use - highly recommend!
- (2018-06-21) LeGrand Fry: You rock, this is a Godsend. Keep up the good work!
- (2018-06-21) Nina F: Brilliant idea and works great. Thanks for developing this!
- (2018-05-07) Greg Widener: UPDATED 5/7/18 - v2.0 just released. Developer very responsive. Amazon is working again. Hulu and YouTube have been working great! Please share this wonderful extension!
- (2018-05-04) Arch Ratliff: I know there was a little delay due to some changes Google Chrome made, but the extension is up and running perfectly! Thank you for working diligently to provide this valuable service!
- (2018-05-02) Roger Cook: worked for a time then stopped. deleted my browser shortcut and user profile then added it back in. after that the filtering started working again, but now when the (hide captioning box) is checked the closed captioning flashes on the screen, but it does filter the words. please fix this then i will give 5 stars. this being said i love it when it works.
- (2018-04-06) Janna Young: Used to work, but now will not hide captions or mute words. horrible!!! And they will not respond to any of my emails!!! Fix it or refund!
- (2018-03-24) Talia Green: Use to work perfectly, now it doesn't seem to hide the closed captioning!!
- (2017-11-07) Love God: We need to get a refund from UFilter. DOES NOT WORK.
- (2017-11-03) clay euton: This filter does not work. I purchased this filter so I don't have to hear God's name being used in vein. I have asked multiple time for a refund, but they will not respond.
- (2017-10-28) Rebecca Joplin: Once this was purchased and downloaded, it messed up my Netflix and Hulu applications in Chrome. Now I can't watch Netflix or Hulu in the Chrome browser; the sound goes out every 3 or 4 seconds, and not when there is cursing. No response when I emailed support and website contact a week ago.
- (2017-10-09) Darryl Green Music: Newest update hides all subtitles which is great. Tried it very shortly and so far so good.
- (2017-07-14) DJ Toomey: 3 attempts so far (see below for info on each) 7/11 ***** I tried it for an amazon documentary called "silenced". When there is an F word it mutes the entire sentence. I have not figured out how to hide the captions, although it is nice to have them for the muted sentences. note it does replace the bad word with an "_". Note that this does not work for youtube at all. I tried playing the same video as above and it did not filter. 7/11 **** REMOVED ONE STAR BECAUSE: This does not edit words out of the kimmy schmidt theme song like it should. 7/12 * (I PURCHASED IT.) The trial is for 24 hours(?) so I purchased it. Now when I try to watch an Amazon show it mutes all of the audio and the subtitles have underscores in place of spaces. Once they fix I will re-rate. It does the same thing for Netflix including the ads at the top of the page.
- (2017-07-13) Caitlin Clive Toomey: I tried to watch "Zero Days" on Amazon and it did not filter out the F words. Good idea, if it were to work.
- (2017-07-01) Kasher1979: UPDATE 7/1/17 If you are thinking of purchasing any other filtering extension on Chrome make sure you stay away from it! They either are limited in their platforms or they are scams and do not work at all. I support Ufilter and think it's the best extension on Google Store period. Highly recommend and I even donated extra money to the developer I am so pleased. Thank you! UPDATE: 6/23/17 Still loving it! Still pushing for the Live TV filtering and the developer has been so awesome to help and I think he's getting close. Every Conservative Family in America needs this extension, and to view all media with it applied. I for one would like to see this advertise and the word spread as much as possible. Just fantastic. UPDATE: 6/13/17 This Extension just keeps getting better! Being able to watch anything I want with my family and using a filter I can customize is just unbelievably awesome! 20 bucks is a steal , and I would have gladly paid more for this remarkable tool. I am hoping that the developer will add a Live TV service (He has already added TLC and ID Channels!!!!) as well which will make this extension 100% complete and I can finally cut the cord and still have Media safe for the family as I have used the TVGuardian for years. I paid 70.00 for that device and it's nowhere near as good as this. ------------------------- Review From May 8 2017 This is an excellent add on for me. The best I have ever experienced. This filter by not only muting bad language but allowing me to customize the words! Wow!! I am a teacher of small children and then really helps with peace of mind, and also for myself. I do not like bad language on my TV. I give it 5 stars because it does work as they say with the videos they say. However I want it to work with my Directvnow account badly and hope a solution will be forthcoming very soon. Thank you to the team at ufilter for this wonderful app.
- (2017-04-23) Don D: I wanted to like it, but I was put into an initial bad mood by all the bait and switch (they posted to a forum it was $15/yr, then their webpage said $20/yr the Chrome Web Store said $10/mo) and then despite restarting the extension it never actually worked in Amazon Prime Videos. Waste of time.
- (2017-03-31) Jacob F: Happy with this overall. Struggled for the first couple of days that I tried it on YouTube and Amazon Prime. It was like something clicked and now Amazon has worked as expected for the last few weeks. Have not gone back to YouTube yet. Like it says, CC has to be on for it to work. It has done a good job of hiding the CC, but interestingly it displays the CC when profanity has been removed. Fortunately the CC only displays "------" on profanity, but if you read the sentence you can probably figure out what the word is. So happy to finally have a one-time-pay option as opposed to subscription services like ClearPlay. Would love it if Vudu was included!
- (2017-02-15) Teresa Harris: We have found that this extension works very well for the streaming services it advertises. I had a hiccup or two and when I emailed support, I got a very quick response. Disabling and re-enabling seemed to solve my problem and I've watched quite a bit since and not had any issues! I'm thankful for this option. Would love to see a "family" price so that we could install this on multiple devices for a reduced rate.