This extension mutes bad words in videos from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Amazon Streaming Video Library
Try it for Free! Download and use it for the first 14 days free. MovieCleaner mutes profanity in streaming videos from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Amazon Streaming Video Library. MovieCleaner scans the Closed Caption files to detect when to mute, which means you don't have to have any pre-made filter. All videos on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Amazon Streaming Video Library currently have closed captioning information, so you can watch anything! Version 1.5 fixes some of the bugs that have been encountered on Amazon. Visits our website to learn more about us, as well as what features we have in the works.
- (2020-12-10) Kenny Wyatt: Unfortunately seems to be an abandoned project. Does not work in Netflix after repeated attempts. Great idea guys, but if this is not functional, please save folks their $7. I bought and lost.
- (2017-03-21) Klint Hobbs: Works on Netflix but not on Amazon
- (2017-02-03) Teresa Harris: Works sometimes on netflix and sometimes it doesn't-even on the same video-it will say the closed caption file can't be found, then it will work, then when if I pause it or restart it it won't work. When I move on to a new video it won't work. It doesn't work at all on Amazon.
- (2017-01-29) Original Wisdombody: It worked on Netflix but not on Amazon. Using Amazon, the MC link doesn't pop up when I press it like it did on Netflix. I really wanted this to work!
- (2016-12-10) Buma Digital: when do you expect to have an update that will fix the Amazon bugs?
- (2016-11-07) AaronHeather Dunn: Works on netflix very well. Still having issues with Amazon but trust it will be working soon as well.
- (2016-11-06) Adam Haws: Fantastic idea! But sadly, it didn't work for me. I am thankful the developers offer a free trial, the extension looks like it is working, using Netflix the movie gets paused and a pop up window shows the software has identified the subtitle file. But the course language comes through with out even a hint that a mute was attempted.
- (2016-09-27) Peter Boatwright: MovieCleaner worked once, long enough for me to purchase. Then it stopped. After uninstalling and re-installing, it worked once more. Emails to the developer get returned as undeliverable. It was a great idea, and it worked so well those two times. Alas.
- (2016-07-04) Sharla Moyes: I love not hearing any bad language when I watch shows on Netflix!