Hide YouTube related videos, comments, video suggestions wall, homepage recommendations, trending tab, and other distractions.
A lightweight browser extension to hide the YouTube recommendations sidebar, endscreen video suggestions, user comments, homepage related videos feed, trending tab, and more. Remove distractions to take back your time from YouTube's algorithm. Compatible with mobile YouTube, m.youtube.com, through Kiwi Browser on Android. OPTIONS - Hide Homepage Feed - Hide Top Section - Hide Right Sidebar - Hide Recommended/Related Videos - Hide Live Chat - Hide Playlist - Hide Endscreen Videowall - Hide Comments - Hide Left Bar Bloat (subscriptions list, 'More from YouTube') - Hide Trending Tab - Hide Merchandise CHANGELOG [1.2.8] 2019-09-30 - Fix: center if sidebar is hidden for <=1.9:1 videos - Enhancement: pre-hide sidebar content before options are loaded - Fix: trending redirect before options are set [1.2.7] 2019-09-08 - Enhancement: mobile YouTube (m.youtube.com) compatibility - Enhancement: center content if all sidebar elements are checked and video is 16:9 or less - Enhancement: redirect /feed/trending if trending tab is disabled - Fix: trending checkbox hides watch later - Enhancement: always hide homepage ad [1.2.6] 2019-03-14 - Various bug fixes - Enhancement: hide/show trending tab [1.2.5] 2019-03-12 - Pre-hide homepage before settings are loaded [1.2.4] 2019-03-12 - Enhancement: automatically apply changes to webpage when checkboxes are toggled - Enhancement: add the option to hide merch and live chat [1.2.3] 2018-09-09: - Enhancement: toggle homepage feed, playlists - Fix: unsynced play bar on videos with wider dimensions than 16 to 9 [1.2.2] 2018-08-30: - Fix: CSS for irregularly sized videos and playlists [1.2.1] 2018-08-20: - Fix: center content [1.2.0] 2018-07-30: - Add options to hide/show elements [1.1.0] 2018-07-28: - Fix: center content [1.0.0] 2018-06-05: - Initial Release
- (2020-02-23) Jesús García González: This is perfect!!! THANK YOU! the ability to customize all the option is a killer! and it works perfectly!
- (2020-02-17) Alan J.: Era exatamente o que eu estava procurando, é ótimo!
- (2020-02-16) Se7eN Deadly Jinxs: I hoped it would remove just the recommendated from my side bar not every single video on there. On the side bar there are recommendation polluting it, making it pretty useless to find relevant videos to the one you're currently watching.
- (2020-02-14) Alessandro Comparini Basbaum: This is exactly what I was looking for. Offers a high degree of personalization and does away with all distractions on youtube
- (2020-02-12) Amandine: Parfait
- (2020-02-09) Ayoung: love you so much!!
- (2020-02-08) Rachel: Works fine to remove all recommendations on the youtube homepage. Always found it too over-whelming to see so many recommended videos on one page. Plus, I'd end up clicking one video on there and would end up in this cycle of watching that video, then the ones recommended in the side bar, until I had forgotten what I had initially came to youtube to watch. Wish I had found it sooner to be honest..
- (2020-02-08) Cruiser: Great software, makes you do work and not procrastinate!
- (2020-02-07) Captain Nemo: Brilliant! How do I give it 10 stars? Does exactly what it is supposed to do. I really did always hate that bloated screen garbage that was constantly forced upon you by YT. Happy.
- (2020-01-26) Lysinda Mond: It's simple. Simply perfect. Thank you!!
- (2020-01-25) WarDimsHopeForPeace: No more going down a youtube rabbit hole! This will save me heaps of life in the long run. A must have on every chrome.
- (2020-01-19) Ignacio Garro: I'm not wasting my time no more, recommend it to anybody.
- (2020-01-12) Gabriela-Elicia Harbour: I love the add-on!! It's like watching YouTube in 2010 where it was just "me and the video". Without all those comments, suggestions, Trending, sidebars and stuff.
- (2020-01-09) Lincoln Berry III: Works perfectly! Thanks, Alison Chou!
- (2020-01-07) Victor Feddersen: So glad that this excist
- (2020-01-06) Moni: incredible thank you
- (2020-01-05) Alexander B: ayyy, perfect for yt addicted :D
- (2020-01-05) Emran Max: Wonderful man. You did a great job.
- (2020-01-03) FireCraft: Perfect, thank you so much!
- (2019-12-30) Voe Rity: i love the customization, thanks for this!
- (2019-12-29) Mika S: Add buttons for enable Recommendations and other plz
- (2019-12-28) Sean Moore: Thank you!!!
- (2019-12-24) Ross Vassilev: check all but Homepage Feed and it speeds up YT A LOT!
- (2019-12-18) Pavel Novosyolov: this extensions basically gets rid of YouTube's distractions and lets you decide what you want to view
- (2019-12-16) Ramu Puri: Thank you whoever created this. Now my you-tube home page is clean.
- (2020-01-23, v:1.2.8) phassttt: A little improvement proposal
Hello. Thank you for the extension! It works almost perfect. I want to propose one feature, it will make experience more convinient. If you hide recomendations there's no need to browse main YouTube page if you click the logo. Can you, change YouTube logo link in this case to Subscriptions page, please? It would be really nice. And again, thank you!
- (2020-01-12, v:1.2.8) Gabriela-Elicia Harbour: Hide "Like/Dislike ratio"
Hey there! I love your add-on. Do you think it's possible to add a "Hide likes/dislikes" feature? I have zero interest in peoples opinion about a video and it's staring right at me kinda...
- (2020-01-09, v:1.2.8) TeaTime: Endscreen videowall
I just added this to my Chrome extensions, mostly to hide the endscreen videowall. All the other features seem to work except this one. I still see those rectangular screens overlapping the end of videos. What am I doing wrong?
- (2020-01-01, v:1.2.8) Rachel Gutmann: How does it all work?
Hi Alison, First off, thank you so much for this wonderful extension. You are doing much good by enabling youtube users to navigate the site without constant bombardment of distractions. Is there a way you can share how you implemented this extension? Like an open sourced GitHub page with you implementation? With gratitude and curiosity, Rachel Gutmann
- (2019-12-17, v:1.2.8) Luke Cochran: Remove Latest Youtube Posts from Recommended Page
Thanks for the fantastic extension. My suggestion is in title. This feature would be much appreciated, can't thank you enough for making a terrible platform usable again.
- (2019-11-24, v:1.2.8) Lutfi Huq: Gratitude
Hi. Just wanted to take a moment and say thank you. I used to manually remove YouTube recommendations in the past (by closing each recommendation block individually), so I wouldn't have to passively absorb or click on irrelevant content. After a recent update, it became impossible to do so manually. I appreciate what you've done here and I hope you benefit from the good that you're imparting onto others' YouTube search experiences. YouTube is a sea of content (both good and bad) and their incessant recommendations often seem like a very deliberate effort to simply 'hook' their viewers into a chain-linked experience of hopping from video to video. I'm an individual of very little wealth but would still like to donate to the cause - any support page?
- (2019-10-19, v:1.2.8) D k: Like /Dislike bar
Hello Alison, would it be possible to hide the like/dislike bar under the video? Great extension, Thanks.
- (2019-09-20, v:1.2.7) William Watson: A lock function would be nice.
Hi, this is a great extension. Thanks. It would be nice if there was a lock function to stop me just turning the extension off when I'm feeling most lonely or bored and thus most vulnerable to going down the Youtube rabbit hole. That or a timer. Thanks.
- (2019-09-18, v:1.2.7) Nate Patterson: donate
I love this extension! Is there anywhere I can donate and/or view the source code?
- (2019-08-13, v:1.2.6) PypeR: Trending Button removes Watch Later
The "Trending Button" (If checked) - removes "Watch Later" List as well
- (2019-07-12, v:1.2.6) Daniel Ballerini: Comments
Great app! Unfortunately I've been having a problem for several weeks now where I removed the ability to view comments, but when I wish to turn back on the comments it doesn't work. Every other feature works perfectly.
- (2019-07-10, v:1.2.6) Nikhil Agarwal: Is it Opensource?
Is it Opensource?
- (2019-07-10, v:1.2.6) Stefanos Kymisis: Loading youtube
When I enter youtube, the page loads and then imminently reloads because of this extension. If there was a way to make it load once instead, it would be much appreciated! Amazing extension thanks!
- (2019-06-28, v:1.2.6) ahmed alsherpiny: Bug fix
If I unchecked the trending option it remove it from the side bar, but if I just collapsed the side bar Trending appears in the icons.
- (2019-04-06, v:1.2.6) Swastik: Thanks a lot sir ! great extension indeed
Thanks a lot sir ! great extension indeed