Hide YouTube related videos, comments, video suggestions wall, homepage recommendations, trending tab, and other distractions.
A browser extension to remove YouTube recommended sidebar, endscreen video suggestions, user comments, homepage related videos feed, trending tab, turn off autoplay or annotations, and more. Toggle the options through the popup to customize your own Clean Up YouTube experience! Compatible with mobile YouTube, m.youtube.com, through Kiwi Browser or Yandex Browser on Android. Also works on classic/old YouTube and video embeds. Clean Up YouTube is available as an add-on for Firefox or Firefox for Android: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-recommended-videos/ If you find this extension useful, please support the project: PayPal.me/hashing OPTIONS - Hide Homepage Feed - Hide Sidebar - Hide Recommended, i.e. Related Videos - Hide Live Chat - Hide Playlist - Hide End Screen Videowall - Hide End Screen Cards - Hide Comments - Hide Profile Photos of commenters - Hide Mix Radio Playlists - Hide Merch, Tickets, Offers - Hide Video Info - Hide Video Buttons Bar (incl. like/dislikes) - Hide Channel Profile, Video Description - Hide Top Header - Hide Notification Button - Hide Left Bar Extra (subscriptions list, "More from YouTube") - Hide Irrelevant Search Results - Hide and Redirect Trending - Disable Autoplay - Disable Annotations - Disable and Redirect Playlists CHANGELOG [1.3.4] 2020-04-25 - New Feature: add option to remove channel and description - New Feature: don't autocheck parent checkbox if all child checkboxes are checked - Enhancement: rewrite pre-hide home and recommendations - Fix: correctly hide mixes on classic YouTube [1.3.3] 2020-04-24 - Enhancement: modify whitespace in extension popup UI - Fix: unhide "save to" and "share" popups - Fix: correct "hide comments" feature on some mobile dimensions [1.3.2] 2020-04-22 - New Feature: hide irrelevant search results ("Related to your search", "Latest from __", "For you", "Searches related to") - New Feature: hide Mix playlists in recommended and search - New Feature: always hide popups - Enhancement: reorder options - Enhancement: hide game offer when "Hide Merch, Tickets, Offers" - Enhancement: hide previous/next arrows on mobile when autoplay is off - Fix: disable links for trending in [category] as well when option selected - Fix: compatibility with "Enhancer for YouTube" [1.3.1] 2020-03-27 - Enhancement: add donation link - Fix: classic YouTube description hidden by default [1.3.0] 2020-03-25 - New Feature: hide profile photos of comments - New Feature: disable autoplay and/or annotations - New Feature: hide video info (including like/dislike bar), hide top header - Enhancement: remove jQuery and restructure checkboxes - Fix: "hide left bar bloat" dynamic for when signed in or out - Fix: change center requirement to 2:1 ratio or less [1.2.8] 2019-09-30 - Enhancement: pre-hide sidebar content before options are loaded - Fix: center if sidebar is hidden for <=1.9:1 videos - Fix: trending redirect before options are set [1.2.7] 2019-09-08 - New Feature: always hide homepage ad - New Feature: mobile YouTube (m.youtube.com) compatibility - New Feature: center content if sidebar is checked and video is 16:9 or less - Enhancement: redirect /feed/trending if trending tab is disabled - Fix: trending checkbox hides watch later [1.2.6] 2019-03-14 - Enhancement: hide/show trending tab - Various bug fixes [1.2.5] 2019-03-12 - New Feature: pre-hide homepage before settings are loaded [1.2.4] 2019-03-12 - Enhancement: automatically apply changes to webpage when checkboxes are toggled - Enhancement: add the option to hide merch and live chat [1.2.3] 2018-09-09: - Enhancement: toggle homepage feed, playlists - Fix: unsynced play bar on videos with wider dimensions than 16 to 9 [1.2.2] 2018-08-30: - Fix: CSS for irregularly sized videos and playlists [1.2.1] 2018-08-20: - Fix: center content [1.2.0] 2018-07-30: - New Feature: add options to hide/show elements [1.1.0] 2018-07-28: - Fix: center content [1.0.0] 2018-06-05: - Initial Release YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
- (2020-06-27) Omer Salman: Great extension! Really helped me to stop going down late-night YouTube rabbit holes. Easy to understand, use and no glitches or technical errors so far. Would recommend to anyone and everyone!
- (2020-06-26) lowkey: i needed this extension thank god
- (2020-04-16) ivan milosevic: Hey Thanks for the extension, it's great ! It improved my Youtube experience by A LOT ! Could you share the code publicly on github or somewhere else so we could all help build this amazing extension ? I understand if you don't :) no offense Bye
- (2020-04-07) Jaydon Mook: Finally! SO happy to have found this so I don't get distracted by constantly watching more videos!! :)
- (2020-04-02) Nguyễn Phú Thịnh: simply like it
- (2020-03-30) George Xu: If there's a "hide all" button will be better
- (2020-03-29) Liam Stritt: Awesome extension, works nearly perfectly. However, there's a weird bug where turning Trending off also turns off your Playlists (or at least Watch Later) even when you specifically have Playlists turned on! Edit: New update seems to have fixed. And wow so many new options, and a new logo, you went crazy and I love it!!! Left a cheeky dono :)
- (2020-03-26) Leon Nguyen: Latest version hiding video description? I see no option to enable or disable that; only hide video info
- (2020-03-26) PypeR: The latest version: 1.3.0 is beyond amazing. so many options. Thank you.
- (2020-03-26) earbance: Fantastic update
- (2020-03-24) That's Rich: Just the thing I was looking for..Thank you very much guys .
- (2020-03-23) A S: Excellent! Hides the distracting stuff.
- (2020-03-21) Joeri Exelmans: One of the most useful extensions out there. Probably saves me hours every week NOT clicking on suggestions. I only want suggestions when listening to music, and I can get them back in 2 clicks.
- (2020-03-21) HEX bevin: Perfect, have been looking for extension like this for a while, finally found it, now don't have to worry about those 2h daily distraction, which is 7300h in next decade , think if you use 12h daily for working on some project, it is 608 days with even that intense schedule, or more if you work less than 12h
- (2020-03-18) Akhmajon Makhsadov: Прям как бальзам на душу. Thank you!
- (2020-03-17) Pavan Kumar Ravi: Thank you very much for creating this!
- (2020-03-12) Hatred: based
- (2020-03-07) Shin Yeu Chew: This extension is absolutely wonderful. Please download it for the love of God. Thank you for creating such a simple, non-intrusive, effective extension.
- (2020-03-06) Cee Chemche: Perfect for hiding all the right wing propaganda youtube has been inexplicably shoving down my throat lately. I can't wait until Google is the next one to be investigated for their promotion of fake news like Facebook.
- (2020-02-29) Hodoh Bobo: Does what it advertises. Removes endscreens, sidebar and comment sections and turns YouTube into an almost distraction-free environment. Especially useful if you're using YouTube for school and you don't want to click that Super Bowl commercial compilation or whatever that's sitting in the Recommendations list.
- (2020-02-25) AvniPandya PowerObjects: Simple and useful. Perfect for when I'm showing videos to my technology class. They don't need to know I also spend a ton of time watching John Oliver!
- (2020-02-23) J.G. Gonzalez: This is perfect!!! THANK YOU! the ability to customize all the option is a killer! and it works perfectly!
- (2020-02-17) Alan _: Era exatamente o que eu estava procurando, é ótimo!
- (2020-02-16) Se7eN Deadly Jinxs: I hoped it would remove just the recommendated from my side bar not every single video on there. On the side bar there are recommendation polluting it, making it pretty useless to find relevant videos to the one you're currently watching.
- (2020-02-14) Alessandro Comparini Basbaum: This is exactly what I was looking for. Offers a high degree of personalization and does away with all distractions on youtube
- (2020-06-29, v:1.3.4) IAmNotAFunguy: "YouTube TV" Nagboxes?
Can I use this to permanently disable the random nagbox that pops up in the corner and says "Tired of cable, Try YouTube TV"?
- (2020-06-08, v:1.3.4) Vitor Gonçalves: add separate option to hide play next
Hey human, thank your for the plugin! It's amazing. It'd be cool if there was a separate option to hide the play next widget. I don't want suggestions, but sometimes I want the automatic play next, and I have to activate suggestions to toggle that check on youtube.
- (2020-06-05, v:1.3.4) Henrik B: Please make this for Safari!
Please make this for Safari!
- (2020-05-24, v:1.3.4) George Green: Donation
Hello - happy to donate, but PP wants to charge insane fees. Do you have revolut or another way to receive money ?
- (2020-05-08, v:1.3.4) Ahmed ThePro: Disable Double Click To Enter Full Screen
Hey, i have been using this extension and it is working great, but I have noticed two things you can add that will improve the extension. First add an option to disable the double click to enter the full screen, and second add an option to disable scrolling down to go to the comments on the full screen. Thanks, and please let me know through my Email: [email protected]
- (2020-05-04, v:1.3.4) Gabriel: Amazing! Only one thing missing for me
First of all thank you, after DF Tube stopped working I was really lost and the other YouTube extensions were too complex. You should give a better name for your extension since It took me weeks to find yours. The only one feature I am missing is the ability to block only the Subscriptions on the left side button, if you could add this feature It you really be amazing and I would tell to all my friends about this amazing extension. Thanks again.
- (2020-05-01, v:1.3.4) Malcolm Crawley: Newest Update
I love this extension, and rely on it for a non-intrusive, visually "clean", much more enjoyable Youtube experience. Clean Up Youtube is a Youtube watcher's MUST. That said, I do find it frustrating that it took me roughly 1 month (until yesterday, 4/30/20, in fact) to determine that sudden undesirable changes in how Youtube displayed on two of my systems was not due to Youtube changes; but owing to an update (or updates) of my installed Clean Up Youtube extension, of which I was wholly unaware. The update's default settings very much changed things for me on Youtube, and I could not figure out how to override those changes. One particularly annoying example was that I lost Autoplay functionality--or rather, Autoplay remained, but I could no longer view the sidebar playlist for the purpose of skipping ahead or going back, nor could I check or uncheck Autoplay because that button was gone suddenly. Here is where I really wish to go with all that I just outlined. One--I would greatly appreciate a way of knowing that this extension has just been updated in the future. Two-- since this most recent update nearly upended my accustomed Youtube experience; an explanation of (as opposed to a mere listing of) any new features/functions would be extremely helpful. Frankly, yesterday, I found out that this extension had been updated quite by happenstance. Once I realized an update had occurred, and put 2 and 2 together, I was able by hit-and-miss to return things to my former great (with Clean Up Youtube installed) Youtube experience.
- (2020-04-27, v:1.3.4) Abby Li: New change?
Hi, recently the "hide left bar extra" has started causing my subscriptions to disappear. Is there any way to denote that as not "extra"?
- (2020-04-24, v:1.3.2) Tahir Dikmen: Add to playlist error!
When the extantion is active, we can not click "SAVE" button for save video to playlist. Can you fix it? Thanks.
- (2020-04-23, v:1.3.2) KB Seo: Save to window
Hello, thank you for making this great add-on. 'Save to' window doesn't appear when I click the save button. It works fine until yesterday, so it seems that recent update made the problem. Unchecking all options and page reloading was not helpful. But, after I turned off the add-on, save button works well. Link below is the captured video. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qv6t5cj0ghlbsz/saveto.mp4?dl=0
- (2020-04-08, v:1.3.1) Danny Jason: Suggestion
Hi really useful extension, could you add an option to hide the subscription page (button) on the left panel on desktop. Thanks!
- (2020-04-08, v:1.3.1) Mathew Smith: Way to remove youtube "Mixes"
Those autoplay mixes that you cannot remove without getting rid of your recommended videos. If you could block them this addon would be 10/10.
- (2020-04-08, v:1.3.1) Jaydon Mook: Clean up disables Enhancer for YouTube toolbar.
Hello, I'm loving clean up youtube! I just noticed that the only problem is that clean up youtube removes enhancer for youtube's toolbar with no option to enable it while clean up youtube is running. It would be nice if there was an option to choose whether it's enabled or disabled. Thanks
- (2020-04-02, v:1.3.1) Roger Hernández: Thank you, one last suggestion
Thank you for this ad, the recommendation algorithms were driving me crazy lately so hiding them altogether really came in handy, also really useful features added in the last update! Makes YouTube friendly to use again. Just one last thing I would add to it: when searching videos, in the results there's a small encrusted "for you" section in between, with mostly unrelated videos in relation to the search and "recommendations" shoved into it, it would be nice to get rid of this as well. Cheers.
- (2020-04-01, v:1.3.1) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Suggestion: Hide notification bell under video
Hide the notification bell on the video page under the video right beside the subscribe button.
- (2020-03-23, v:1.2.8) Abdul Basit Salam: Thank you
Thank you for offering this great extension. Now I can watch videos without getting distracted easily
- (2020-03-18, v:1.2.8) Arnau Torné: Something to hide
Hi, amazing work you did with this plugin! I have a suggestion: please update it to make hide the bar that appears just down the video, for example when the video talks about cornovirus that appears a link to the WHO to know more about it. Thanks!
- (2020-03-18, v:1.2.8) mercurygum: Thank you - only one thing left
Please add a option to remove just the profile pictures from youtube comments. You're a saint.
- (2020-01-23, v:1.2.8) phassttt: A little improvement proposal
Hello. Thank you for the extension! It works almost perfect. I want to propose one feature, it will make experience more convinient. If you hide recomendations there's no need to browse main YouTube page if you click the logo. Can you, change YouTube logo link in this case to Subscriptions page, please? It would be really nice. And again, thank you!
- (2020-01-12, v:1.2.8) Gabriela-Elicia Scholl: Hide "Like/Dislike ratio"
Hey there! I love your add-on. Do you think it's possible to add a "Hide likes/dislikes" feature? I have zero interest in peoples opinion about a video and it's staring right at me kinda...
- (2020-01-09, v:1.2.8) TeaTime: Endscreen videowall
I just added this to my Chrome extensions, mostly to hide the endscreen videowall. All the other features seem to work except this one. I still see those rectangular screens overlapping the end of videos. What am I doing wrong?
- (2020-01-01, v:1.2.8) Rachel Gutmann: How does it all work?
Hi Alison, First off, thank you so much for this wonderful extension. You are doing much good by enabling youtube users to navigate the site without constant bombardment of distractions. Is there a way you can share how you implemented this extension? Like an open sourced GitHub page with you implementation? With gratitude and curiosity, Rachel Gutmann
- (2019-12-17, v:1.2.8) Luke Cochran: Remove Latest Youtube Posts from Recommended Page
Thanks for the fantastic extension. My suggestion is in title. This feature would be much appreciated, can't thank you enough for making a terrible platform usable again.
- (2019-11-24, v:1.2.8) Lutfi Huq: Gratitude
Hi. Just wanted to take a moment and say thank you. I used to manually remove YouTube recommendations in the past (by closing each recommendation block individually), so I wouldn't have to passively absorb or click on irrelevant content. After a recent update, it became impossible to do so manually. I appreciate what you've done here and I hope you benefit from the good that you're imparting onto others' YouTube search experiences. YouTube is a sea of content (both good and bad) and their incessant recommendations often seem like a very deliberate effort to simply 'hook' their viewers into a chain-linked experience of hopping from video to video. I'm an individual of very little wealth but would still like to donate to the cause - any support page?
- (2019-10-19, v:1.2.8) D k: Like /Dislike bar
Hello Alison, would it be possible to hide the like/dislike bar under the video? Great extension, Thanks.