Automatically hide the Explore or Research Pane and Image Search in Google Docs
Primarily for assessment using Google Docs on Chromebooks, this extension automatically hides the Research panel and the Image Search panel within Google Docs to help ensure a secure testing environment. To be used in conjunction with accounts which have been locked down via Google Apps Device Administration.
- (2019-05-16) Duncan Pañiagua: This extension works but I really wish it could work for Google Slides and Sheets and anywhere the Explore feature appears.
- (2018-12-04) Edward Rios: Not working. :(
- (2018-10-09) Jon Stein: I am not finding a way to enable the extension it is disabled when deployed with gsuite.
- (2018-06-26) Eden Nelson: Priceless Extension!
- (2018-01-18) Avrohom Eliezer Friedman: This is amazing. I just wish they can block searching for images via insert image
- (2017-10-21) George Webb: Doesn't seem to work. Would love to get rid of that bouncing green icon.... ;(
- (2016-05-03) pascaledmonton: Since it's not possible to disable the research function in Google Docs from the Admin Console, this extension does the next best thing, which is to hide it. In conjunction with other configurations, it makes it possible to use Google Docs for written responses in a summative assessment setting.