Make navigating YouTube's subscription grid easier by hiding watched videos
This plugin adds a toggle to the YouTube Subscription Feed that allows users to toggle whether or not they want watched videos to show up in the feed. The aim of this is to make navigating the subscription feed much easier and intuitive. Current features: - Hide videos that are marked as WATCHED by YouTube, or have been partially watched - Mark videos as WATCHED to hide them from feed - Mark all as WATCHED - Hide videos in subscription feed automatically, once you start watching them - Hide empty sections (Today, Yesterday, Last Week, etc) - Collapse sections to navigate to older videos more easily - Show videos that have been hidden - When hidden videos are shown, unmark videos as WATCHED to show them in feed again - Settings page with configurable options If you find any bugs or want to request new features, or if you want to contribute to the project, you're more than welcome to do so via Github: https://github.com/OsaSoft/youtube-better-subscriptions You can also reach out to me via Twitter: https://twitter.com/Osa_Soft You can find the Firefox version of this extension over at: https://addons.mozilla.org/cs/firefox/addon/youtube-better-subscriptions/ Changelog: 0.13.1 - Hotfix: Fixed new YouTube DOM breaking plugin 0.13 - Added basic functionality to the settings page. Now supports saving and loading of configuration. Added basic configuration for subs feed to settings page.Added watched list export/import/clearing to seetings page. Added settings menu to subs page UI. 0.12.1 - Hotfix: Fixed watched videos not being tagged as watched on initial page load 0.12 - Replaced Hide Watched checkbox with prettier, YouTube™ style toggle button. Added settings page. It's empty for now, but feel free to check it out! 0.11 - Added changelog page that opens when extension updates. Fixed bug where extension would not active properly on pages in some cases 0.10 - Sections now have a checkbox that collapses them, fixed alignment of Hide Watched and Mark All as Watched buttons 0.9 - Sections with no visible videos in it are now hidden 0.8.1 - Fixed bug where video loading wouldnt trigger in certain situations 0.8 - Added watched overlay and Mark as not watched button to marked videos when not hidden 0.7.1 - Fixed several issues with old YT non-Polymer layout 0.7 - Plugin now activates on all YT pages and depending on location decides what to do. Moved buttons to top bar. 0.6.1 - Mark all as watched button added 0.6 - Videos are now hidden automatically in field once you start watching a video, even without refreshing the feed page. Prettier Mark as Watched button. Performance increase. 0.5 - Mark as watched button added 0.2.1 - Support for Chrome 0.2 - The Hide Watched button is now placed in the top right menu and changes color depending on light/dark mode in the new YT layout. 0.1.4 - Fixed bug with hidden videos not reappearing after unchecking Hide Watched - when using YouTube's HIDE button, the thumbnail area will be automatically hidden 0.1.3 - Fix for YouTube's new late-loading of watched status and fix for watched not being hidden when loading more 0.1.2 - Addon now works for YouTube's new design 0.1 - First proof of concept version. Can hide and show videos
- (2020-07-20) All is Here: JUST ADD NOW LETS SEE NEXT
- (2020-03-31) Travis Pluid: Fixed within a day of it breaking because of a Youtube update, this is a quality extension, and a quality developer.
- (2020-03-31) Thomas Müller: thanks for the quick fix today :) amazing extension which has become essential for me to use youtube on a daily basis
- (2020-03-31) Caesar Best: Very useful, essential even for youtube addicts. It was broken for a bit after YT updated its page, but was fixed very fast, so even in 2020 this ext. is still being updated which is excellent. Many thanks!
- (2020-03-31) Michael Bottom: Awesome extension. Devs still support it.
- (2020-03-31) --: I saw the fix is already on its way. Awesome :) Thank you!
- (2020-03-31) Gentle Puppet: Great Extension, However it seems like a recent youtube update broke it. I hope we get an update.
- (2020-03-21) SHAAH HAMEED: 90% of videos are new unlike 20-30% in past before installing the extension make it 100 % to get 5 stars, btw good job dude, make more productive stuffs though...
- (2020-01-30) Ель: Отлично работает. Теперь полный порядок в фиде, советую!
- (2020-01-14) Антон Самойлов: Отличное приложение, давно искал
- (2020-01-13) Laura Timmel: Currently, this only seems to work on the Subscriptions page.So far, that's the only page where I've seen the icon to mark videos as viewed, and viewed videos are definitely showing up at least some other pages. I love the mark-as-viewed feature, but I wish that there were a way to set a threshold for how much counts as having seen the video (especially since the YouTube app takes muted autoplay as you scroll through your feed and sets that as your view amount, so videos that autoplayed silently for a few seconds would presumably be hidden by this extension). And, of course, I wish that it worked consistently across YouTube (everywhere but your History page, basically).
- (2019-12-27) Blazer02LS: So far it has been working as advertised . Would like it even more if it didn't have the group boxes but just had the videos all together. I don't really need the today, yesterday stuff. Perhaps have that as a settings option? Only seems to work in grid view though. Perhaps that is why some say it doesn't work at all?
- (2019-11-01) Rafael Miranda: Very good!
- (2019-10-08) Leporello the Goldfinch – Birdtaming Tips & Tricks: Finally a solution that works! Hides watched videos splendidly. Thanks, developer!
- (2019-09-27) Josh Gavroy: I love this extension. I use the subscription feed almost daily and this makes navigating it so much easier.
- (2019-09-12) Michael Hasenstein: This does NOTHING. Even when I click "Hide" the video keep reappearing - the exact same issue I already have with plain subscriptions. It seems this extension only duplicates what Youtube already provides - and since the Youtube "Hide" algorithm occasionally completely breaks (worked for me for a while than not at all, they keep breaking it) what's the point of this extension??? An actually _useful_ extension will have to keep its own list of watched videos in local storage and work with video URLs as identifier, and be completely independent of any broken built-in Youtube functions.. Okay then it only works in one browser (unless you add some "cloud" option). This extension only seems to "work" when you don't need it (because the Youtube "Hide" option already works for you).
- (2019-08-28) Scott Joshua: doesn't work - running on a mac..
- (2019-08-27) Райан Андерсон: Мечта моя! Спасибо!
- (2019-08-25) Ts Garp: Doesn't do anything. I've triple checked the settings, I've let it run for over a week now. It doesn't work. IT DOESN'T HIDE WATCHED VIDEO'S. I could not find any button to hide video's either. Makes me wonder the positive reviews....
- (2019-07-15) Jeremy Golem: Works pretty much as intended. Only complaint is that it hides videos that haven't been fully watched yet. Kinda makes it unusable for me, but overall pretty good extension.
- (2019-07-13) Rehman Amjad: My favourite Chrome extension!
- (2019-06-16) ClontarfX: This extension needs to be advertised more. It does exactly what I've needed an extension to do, cleanly, and simply. But it took me *AGES* to find this. Please, extension author, spend some time spreading the word about this. I reckon some people are missing out...
- (2019-06-02) Human: Не работет
- (2019-06-02) Qt R: Doesn't work! Forgets watched and hidden videos half an hour ago shows them again and again. Unusable small button to hide videos which hides itself you accidentally play the video and not hide it. Rubbish
- (2019-03-20) That One Guy: Actually shows me content from youtube