Sort your bookmarks recursive
## Sort your chrome bookmarks recursive ### Description This extension can sort ALL your bookmarks RECURSIVELY. Withouto this extenion you can sort ONLY ONE bookmark folder by Chrome Bookmark Manager. Now, ALL bookmarks will be sorted by just one click ! ### Changeslog #### version 0.2.0 Add collation to support Chinese Pinyin #### version 0.1.0 first version
- (2020-03-21) Michael Greene: Wow!!! Install, click the icon, wait a few seconds, and its done. I've saved countless hours of sorting and arranging all of my subfolders within their parent folder. In other words this app does a global sort of every folder in my collection of saved folders. This should be a feature for the Google Chrome OS. I highly recommend this app. Fantastic work Yuchen Wang!
- (2020-02-20) Promet Heus: You, are an unmitigated genius. So simple, so pure, lol! They are going to need you on Mars... ;)
- (2020-01-14) Simon Baudart: Works perfectly, I switched from SpruceMarks to this extensions. "Simple et efficace !"
- (2020-01-01) Emmanuel Chang: This is EXACTLY what I wanted, super simple alphabetical recursive bookmark sorter click the button and its done. This should be built into chrome.
- (2019-11-23) Jackson Alexandre Silva: Resolveu meu problema
- (2019-10-08) H P: Oct 2019 and it works, great, well done developer, thanks.
- (2019-10-03) Richard Pearse: It does what is says it does, which is great. It would be better if the user had some input into the sorting: * don't sort top level * don't sort these directories / dir matches : aaa; dirB; another_dir; this/sub/dir * sort these dirs by (say) date; this_dir; */recent; anotherDir There should be a context menu pop-up, that lets the user tag/set the sorting rules for the selected directory. There was an old Firefox plugin that did all of these, and would run on startup if you wanted. Those were the days . . .
- (2019-08-15) Chris Williams: Last Chrome update removed prior extension installed. Tried Super Sorter by Richard Corner but did not recursively sort as advertised. Installed Recursive Bookmark Sorter and worked as advertised. Thank you developer!
- (2019-07-02) JBishop29: Perfect. Did exactly what I needed. I tried a couple others and they were terrible. Thank you.
- (2019-05-27) AD G: It works. So far, no problems.
- (2019-05-18) Andrew Debenham: I'm still not sure why this isn't built into the bookmark manager in Chrome, but I'm glad the author of this extension took the time to do something about it. It works as advertised and I no longer have to select each folder and then sort by name. The only improvement I would like to see is to add an option to exclude a folder. For example, I have all of my most visited sites on my Bookmarks bar, so it would be nice if this folder wasn't sorted. Other than that, great job and great extension!
- (2019-05-05) George Morgan: Does it exactly, what it should do, namely sort all bookmarks over all subfolders. Same as Sprucemarks extension. But a lot more simple and possibly not consuming so much memory. Just click on button instead of having a background process running. Disadvantage: Only Alphabetical (I do not need anything else)
- (2019-02-19) Argyle Kenneth Dobbins III: This little extension just saved me a headache. I have in past. Exported my Bookmarks to Firefox to sort them because Chrome for some reason only does one folder at a time. On top of hiding the sort bookmarks functions in the Bookmarks Manager vertical hamburger ... You would think that the developers would incorporate this for those, like me, that literally have thousands of bookmarks. On top of no URL link to the Chrome Extension Store in Google Chrome itself. Which is another gripe of mine.
- (2019-02-13) Fahim Ahmed: It does what it says. A simple click to sort all the nested bookmarks.
- (2019-02-02) Yakov Kronrod: Simple, and does EXACTLY what it says. Anybody who rated it less obviously didn't read what it does or look at any reviews. You can't rate something 1 star when it literally does EXACTLY what it says. One click, all bookmarks are now sorted. Thank you!
- (2018-12-12) Black Gold: There should be option to do it by folder not all the f**kin bookmarks. Effed up my bookmarks Thank you for that
- (2018-11-04) BERKAN YILDIRIM: Nasıl sıralama yapacağını seçemiyorsun.
- (2018-11-04) stone: I installed this and lost my bookmarks. I can see bookmarks tab on the bar but clicking on the bookmarks tab no longer drops down for link selection.
- (2018-10-27) Michael Rimar: After using other apps with more options. This one works. Simply works.
- (2018-08-19) Mathew Garland: Very happy with the sorting, it does what it says whereas other available sorters did not do what they claimed to do.
- (2018-08-05) John Mayger: Can't get it to work and can't find any instruction. Clicked the icon and it just says bookmarks sorted - no provision visible to change sort criteria.
- (2018-07-20) Mike Chung: This recursive sorter is awesome! One press of the button and all the bookmarks in all the bookmark folders are sorted. A great time saver!
- (2018-06-23) Muhammad Ghufran: Perfect app to re-order any quantity of bookmarks in any folder. Checked.
- (2018-05-10) Simple, always works, even in Opera browser. Love this; it is a lifesaver.
- (2018-04-21) Earl Wilkerson: Thank you! No more laborious sorting of bookmarks! This will work perfectly until Google decides to implement an auto-sort feature.
- (2019-05-04, v:0.2.0) צבי מנדלוביץ': does not alwats sort correctly
Sometimes when sorting the result is not correct. When sorting immediately a second time the result is correct.
- (2018-09-10, v:0.2.0) Thomas Motley: Name/description of your extension
Outside mathematics, programming, and certain other fields, the meaning of "recursive" and "recursively" is not widely understood. I'd suggest another name, but regardless, using the term "recursively" to explain what Recursive Bookmark Sorter does is not helpful.
- (2018-08-29, v:0.2.0) Add date please
Add date please.
- (2018-08-14, v:0.2.0) Ian Bartlett: date
recursive orders entries in each bookmark folder. ok but i want them ordered by date, with the most recent first
- (2018-05-15, v:0.2.0) Does it pull bookmarks out of folders?
After sorting, will my bookmarks still be in their folders, or will they all be in one folder ? (I want to keep my folders, but sort all of them... not collapse hundreds of bookmarks into one folder).
- (2018-01-21, v:0.2.0) Michael Rimar: Thank you
Used SuperSorter for years, Feature rich but stopped sorting. Your app works great. I agree with the expanding folders comments. If possible it would be nice to have an option to expand or not expand. Thank you again, michael
- (2017-12-27, v:0.2.0) manual exclusion list
I just installed this 3 minutes ago and love it - thanks for a simple but useful extension! New Feature Request: Please add the ability to manually exclude one or more folders to from being auto sorted. Example: I have the bookmarks bar ordered and arranged how I want/need it, but it would be awesome to auto sort everything else BUT the bookmarks bar. Just a thought! Thanks again!
- (2017-08-30, v:0.2.0) Moses Hightower: Undo sorting??
I just installed this, didn't see options/settings for this in the Extensions folder, so i clicked the red button and it sorted all my bookmarks & folders alphabetically! But there is no Undo option!! I've spent many hours organizing my folders & bookmarks manually by group/type/subject/website/etc. the way i need them to be & i was intending to use this for certain folders only, not ALL bookmarks including he Bookmark Bar. This is crazy. And the Options is greyed out. Please help. There has to be a way i can undo this catastrophe! This is the worst thing that's ever happened to any browser I've used in over 20 years.
- (2017-03-30, v:0.2.0) Carl-Erwin GRIFFITH: very good extension
1) add the ability to remove empty folders
- (2017-02-08, v:0.2.0) Navodita kumari: DOUBT
Could anyone just tell me that how to use this Recursive bookmark sorter extension....Because I have not been able to manage my bookmarks till now....