Automatically sort bookmarks by title, date, or URL.
Sprucemarks® is Patreon supported software. Login and activate a free demo or get ongoing access to Sprucemarks by becoming a Patreon supporter of its author, Kai Nightmode. https://www.patreon.com/nightmode FEATURES • Organize your Bookmarks Bar, Other Bookmarks, and Mobile Bookmarks. • Each area (and sub folders) can have their own sort order, or no order. • Group folders together or have them sorted alongside bookmarks. • Save your options once and have your bookmarks sorted now and automatically into the future. • Review and improve your bookmarks collection with a suite of tools. Check for and optionally remove empty folders, duplicate bookmarks, and similar bookmarks. View and optionally clear your bookmark history. UPDATE for January 28, 2021 • New troubleshooting information feature. Visit the about page for a behind the scenes look at your bookmarks, options, account information, and more. • Improved content, guidance, and USD specifications since Patreon is supporting additional currencies. • Improved server privacy. Accounts that have not checked in for 90 days or accounts with scrubbed information are automatically removed from the database. • Improved server caching. Accounts in good standing should be even more resistant to Patreon API issues. • Improved offline availability. Sprucemarks can remain unlocked without a network connection for up to 90 days. • Improved server performance by completing certain intensive tasks ahead of time. • Improved contact information in more places. • Fixed an issue with scrolling restoration on the about page. Sprucemarks respects your privacy. https://nightmode.fm/software/sprucemarks/privacy
- (2021-02-08) Richard Lloyd: Its an awesome, must have, application and the dev is quick to respond. I am a patreaon of this application as I feel it is worth my money to support and continue to support even though I am past the $7 they ask to keep it unlocked. I urge each and one of you 10,000+ users to at least pay the $1.00/mo. My wife doesn't even realize its coming out.
- (2020-11-16) Dmitri S: Patreon account required. Good luck.
- (2020-10-27) Patty Caya: This is a buggy extension. Use at your own risk. Every time it updates it kills something you have open. Today it randomly asked me to update and when I did it wiped out 99%of my open tabs - leaving literally one open tab in each group - sometimes two. An entire history of things I was working on wiped out so that a bookmark program could update. #fail.
- (2020-10-22) Uday Saroj: Saved my day when Google had f***ed it. Thanks a ton!
- (2020-10-16) Nate Jarisch: used to use it all the time but now it costs money 0/10
- (2020-10-12) Gordon Conaway: Update: developer contacted me and I was mistaken about a syncing issue which I thought was a bug. Appreciate the quick response. This is my favorite extension of all time, well worth the seven bucks (or more) on Patreon!
- (2020-09-15) Donovan C: Used to be a 5-star extension. Now it's soft-paywalled. Don't even bother. I used to love this app because it was the only easy way to sort bookmarks by URL. Now, I'll have to find some other means of doing this.
- (2020-09-12) Dave Wulf: Now is a Pay Plugin.
- (2020-04-09) Jason Smith: wow, you have to PAY for it? no thanks
- (2020-04-09) Max Kwong: No longer free. You have to pay to sort your bookmarks now.
- (2020-03-28) Rombout Versluijs: Why does the description say unlock, this is simply 100% paid otherwise it wont work. I thought it would allow you to manually adjust them each time, but it doesnt work without paying.
- (2020-03-21) Paul Peterson: Works beautifully! The one-time $7 cost is well worth it—unless you're too cheap to pay someone for their hard work, I guess.
- (2020-03-13) Роман Александров: Paid extension
- (2020-02-22) Ashton NW: After noticing that bookmarks will not sort anymore, only when I checked to discover its no longer free you will now need to donate, although I would have gone with donating, i noticed over the years that it got pretty slow and ill have to go and have to hit the options for it to sort again, I found a better extension that actually is faster and works every time and free I will stick to the free version, i dont mind paying but it has to work the way it should not sometimes and with a paid version who knows what will happen latter down the road. took off some stars for this. update--- Feb 2020 This is what everyone is looking for straight organizing A-Z the best bookmark organizer for chrome period. Thanks to the developers for answering this cry.
- (2020-02-22) Ilias Sarris: This is so silly, he wants me to buy it without letting me use it, not even once, to check out how it works. Nice.
- (2020-02-19) Ulysses Buragay: it became a pro version which can only be used by donating 7$
- (2020-02-11) Deuce Bigalow: Requiring us to logon is a deal breaker and a waste of time. Goodbye Sprucemarks! 👎
- (2020-01-31) Алексей Дюма: Now available only to the patron's danathers.
- (2020-01-28) Tiago Rodrigo Picosque: It´s not free now.
- (2020-01-26) Stephanie: Warning! This program doesn't work at all, unless you become a member of an external website that is not owned by google. That you have to become a member of some vague website ,that is not owned by google , makes this program very suspicious. Even though bitdefender didn't give any warnings for the website. I still would be careful.
- (2020-01-23) Max V: жесткое ограничение работы за оплату
- (2020-01-22) Adam Reiswig: This was a great extension but the author has recently put it behind a subscription. I totally understand the need to fund one's work but this is absurd. Everything lately is going to subscriptions and nickle and diming us to death. It's not sustainable for the average user.
- (2020-01-18) Shawna Newton: Oh, my, gosh, oh, my gosh! After searching high and low for a bookmark manager to organize my umpteen hundreds of bookmarks, THIS IS IT! Right after I unlocked it and set my options for A-Z sorting and folders, a magical moment happened: my bookmarks bar went crazy and these BEAUTIFUL folders appeared according to subject and inside each, the bookmarks were A-Z, too! I darn near started bawling because I've hassled trying to manually do that for YEARS. I'm talking a matter of 3 SECONDS, it was all done automatically! The best $7 I've spent in a long time! SQUEEE! I'm so thrilled all those bookmarks are beautifully organized. Thank you, thank you to Nightmode for this awesome piece of software!
- (2020-01-18) Guillermo Graña Gómez: Ordering bookmarks should be included in Chrome out of the box. As usual, when Google drops the ball, talented people pick it up and make great stuff like Sprucemarks. I liked this extension so much I didn't mind the 7 bucks donation to support this effort. Good job sir, please continue making quality software!
- (2020-01-12) Dave M.: For anyone who wants to get the old non-paywalled Sprucemarks safely without relying on fishy .crx files from other people, here's a clone of the original extension before it was paywall'd: https://github.com/taivu/sprucemarks-forked-from-original You can be sure it's safe because you can check the entire commit history and its source code. If you're paranoid and don't trust that particular fork, you can verify the handful amount of other alternative forks here: https://github.com/deepakjois/sprucemarks/network/members (The reason that deepakjois's repository is the parent of all these forks is because the original repository by nightmode was deleted. So an arbitrary fork was automatically selected to become the parent of all the orphaned forks) Be sure you get the most updated one though (before the paywall update that is, heh) To install it, click the green "Clone or download" button, then click "Download ZIP". Extract the zip, then follow the instructions in the "Developing" section of the README page. Enjoy your freedom :)
- (2020-01-10) 観月唯: This extension is excellent, so I choose to donate.
- (2020-01-10) Trevor M: Was working well until they decided to tack on a monthly charge. Removing it for a better option.
- (2020-01-09) Marty Sullivan: I have used this for years.....at no cost. Now I have to pay?????...............GOODBYE!
- (2020-01-09) Chen Xing: Sprucemarks is now behind a $7 paywall.
- (2020-01-08) Trond Larsen: Loved it until it started to show up at startpage all the time. Turned out it was going from freeware to subscription ware. Uninstalled.
- (2020-01-08) Ko: suddenly turned into a paid extension, worthless
- (2020-01-08) Derick Rodriguez: Hate when my extension updates and demands a ridiculous sum in payment for something that used to be free. Seems to be the pattern nowadays. Hook someone with free functionality, provide little to no support and then demand payment. Goodbye.
- (2020-01-08) Ym M: latest version keepd opening a new browser tab everytime I start chrome. Fix it.
- (2020-01-07) Lokman Afandy: very good bookmark sorter but new update only allow patreon user to use it so free users no longer can activate this addon anymore. actually i dont mind if free users has ads banner as long as the addon still can be used
- (2020-01-07) Antonis Sna: "This software can be unlocked by supporting Nightmode on Patreon. To qualify, you can either be a current Patreon OR a past Patreon who contributed $7 or more" Yeah, sure...You expect payments for a bookmarks sorter? You must be kidding.. "Remove from Chrome" button never seemed so beautiful!
- (2020-01-06) Nicholas Caito: Well, I use to like it. It auto-updated and is now a PAID product. I will now be removing it.
- (2020-01-06) Andrew Mewaldt: " * Sprucemarks is now Patreon supported software. Thank you! " We couldn't have done it without the excellent new $7 paywall feature! Congratulations! 🏆 Features: -Takes Up 1 Extension Slot -Popup with exciting new investment opportunity feature. -New Helpful link provides solution for those needing rapid access to creator's Patreon account. Cons: New Features offer less than 0 value. Pros: Uninstalls extremely easily.
- (2020-01-06) Paulo Monte: Paywall to use
- (2020-01-06) Vincent Racicot: Now only available behind a subscription paywall... so I guess this is goodbye?
- (2020-01-06) Andrew Martin: Did what it said on the tin. Interesting choice to make it paid as there are others that are free.
- (2020-01-05) Brian West: Wow. Suddenly an extension jumps from free opensource to $7. Even past Patreon subscribers are blocked if they don't reach the $7 minimum. I only sorted my bookmarks once. I don't remember if it was this or another sorter that worked best, but I certainly won't be paying $7 to find out. I can understand a moving to a paid model when significantly upgrading but don't retire the old free one and don't suddenly deactivate the old one. Nasty.
- (2020-01-04) Teh Psychedelic: Love the extension have been using it for a while. From my understanding the most annoying part of it has been fixed with the Feb 2018 update? Which is able to sync settings? It's always a PiTA to be putting my settings back every time I install chrome on a new computer, sync and then I know the extension won't sync preferences. From my understanding by using the chrome.storage API this is done (but if using *.sync which I don't know if this extension is using that call). UPDATE 04-JAN-2020: Extension now followed the classic freeware-turned-into-shareware route, worst part is that the github repo with the open source version (which allegedly will become obsolete etc and is only meant for advanced users) was removed so no way to grab it now. Bon voyage.
- (2020-01-04) Andrey Khanevsky: Без оплаты на патрионе не работает
- (2020-01-04) Julian Zielke: moved to Super Sorter
- (2020-01-03) Chris Rowe: I'm all for being paid for your work, but to move a free extension, which sorts bookmarks... to be a $7 paid software... is a bit much, you'd get a lot more people biting at a lower cost, anyway uninstalled.
- (2020-01-03) 윤진규: Bye, Sprucemarks. Thank you for all those years. I will miss you.
- (2020-01-03) Steve Magruder: To require Patreon support for even a basic level of use goes against the tradition of Chrome extensions. There's really not enough functionality in this extension to warrant that much of a payment.
- (2020-01-03) Peter Tomasi: Very good Extension, used it for several years. I understand the developer wants reward for his efforts in developing and keeping the extension up to date but I do not like the way he is doing this now with Patreon. So I for the moment have moved to Super Sorter.
- (2020-01-02) The Count: RIP this app. No one is gonna pay for a bookmarks sorter. The creator is delusional and now just ruined it by being greedy.
- (2020-01-02) Barry Moore: Locking extension behind a patreon paywall is a big yikes from me. I understand wanting to get paid for development time but this is the wrong way to go about it.
- (2015-10-23, v:2015.7.6.0) Zhanna Luchezarova: Extansion buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Sprucemarks" for a very good price. Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2015-10-04, v:2015.7.6.0) David McDivitt: sort by date within folders
Is it possible to change Sprucemarks to sort by descending date within folders, but alphabetically as it does for the bookmarks bar? I do not want a recursive sort because I want most recent bookmarks at the bottom, which is default behavior, but it would be nice to have a tool put most recent at the top within each folder. Thanks
- (2015-09-20, v:2015.7.6.0) Chris Tsongas: No longer works
For some reason this worked when I installed it a long time ago, but no longer works. New bookmarks don't get sorted.
- (2012-12-23, v:2012.10.15.0) Bookmarks sorting issues.
I had been using this extension, and I loved it (when it would sort properly). I use google sync on my pc, mac, ipad and iphone browsers. The issue is, recently, that the extension no longer sorts... Sometimes, it looks like it sorts it but it's not in a->z order ... Because of this, I had to switch to the extension super sorter, which is annoying to use. ><
- (2012-10-31, v:2012.10.15.0) Derek Manson-Smith: it doesn't work
I downloaded this but new bookmarks still get added to the end of the list out of A-Z order