Automatically sort bookmarks by title, date, or URL.
Sprucemarks is Patreon supported software. Login and activate a free demo or unlock Sprucemarks with one-time $7 donation OR any monthly donation to Nightmode on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/nightmode FEATURES • Organize your Bookmarks Bar, Other Bookmarks, and Mobile Bookmarks. • Each area (and sub folders) can have their own sort order, or no order. • Group folders together or have them sorted alongside bookmarks. • Save your options once and have your bookmarks sorted now and automatically into the future. • Review and improve your bookmarks collection with a suite of tools. Check for and optionally remove empty folders, duplicate bookmarks, and similar bookmarks. View and optionally clear your bookmark history. UPDATE for August 7, 2020 • Additional ways to get to the options page in all browsers. • Tools that can show all results now have a less results link too. • Improved the safety of checkbox based tools. • More flexible demo mode controlled by the server. • One-time help message when a demo expires. • One-time help message for Chrome since it hides extension icons by default. UPDATE for July 1, 2020 • New tool. Check for and optionally remove duplicate bookmarks. • New tool. Check for and optionally remove similar bookmarks. • New demo mode. Login and activate a free demo. • New scroll to top navigation link that appears when needed. • Improved tab navigation and text wrapping for all tools. • Improved the refresh efficiency and experience of all tools. Sprucemarks respects your privacy. https://nightmode.fm/software/sprucemarks/privacy
- (2020-04-09) Jason Smith: wow, you have to PAY for it? no thanks
- (2020-04-09) Max Kwong: No longer free. You have to pay to sort your bookmarks now.
- (2020-03-28) Rombout Versluijs: Why does the description say unlock, this is simply 100% paid otherwise it wont work. I thought it would allow you to manually adjust them each time, but it doesnt work without paying.
- (2020-03-21) Paul Peterson: Works beautifully! The one-time $7 cost is well worth it—unless you're too cheap to pay someone for their hard work, I guess.
- (2020-03-13) Роман Александров: Paid extension
- (2020-02-22) Ashton NW: After noticing that bookmarks will not sort anymore, only when I checked to discover its no longer free you will now need to donate, although I would have gone with donating, i noticed over the years that it got pretty slow and ill have to go and have to hit the options for it to sort again, I found a better extension that actually is faster and works every time and free I will stick to the free version, i dont mind paying but it has to work the way it should not sometimes and with a paid version who knows what will happen latter down the road. took off some stars for this. update--- Feb 2020 This is what everyone is looking for straight organizing A-Z the best bookmark organizer for chrome period. Thanks to the developers for answering this cry.
- (2020-02-22) Ilias Sarris: This is so silly, he wants me to buy it without letting me use it, not even once, to check out how it works. Nice.
- (2020-02-19) Ulysses Buragay: it became a pro version which can only be used by donating 7$
- (2020-02-11) Deuce Bigalow: Requiring us to logon is a deal breaker and a waste of time. Goodbye Sprucemarks! 👎
- (2020-01-31) Алексей Дюма: Now available only to the patron's danathers.
- (2020-01-28) Tiago Rodrigo Picosque: It´s not free now.
- (2020-01-26) Stephanie: Warning! This program doesn't work at all, unless you become a member of an external website that is not owned by google. That you have to become a member of some vague website ,that is not owned by google , makes this program very suspicious. Even though bitdefender didn't give any warnings for the website. I still would be careful.
- (2020-01-23) Max V: жесткое ограничение работы за оплату
- (2020-01-22) Adam Reiswig: This was a great extension but the author has recently put it behind a subscription. I totally understand the need to fund one's work but this is absurd. Everything lately is going to subscriptions and nickle and diming us to death. It's not sustainable for the average user.
- (2020-01-18) Shawna Newton: Oh, my, gosh, oh, my gosh! After searching high and low for a bookmark manager to organize my umpteen hundreds of bookmarks, THIS IS IT! Right after I unlocked it and set my options for A-Z sorting and folders, a magical moment happened: my bookmarks bar went crazy and these BEAUTIFUL folders appeared according to subject and inside each, the bookmarks were A-Z, too! I darn near started bawling because I've hassled trying to manually do that for YEARS. I'm talking a matter of 3 SECONDS, it was all done automatically! The best $7 I've spent in a long time! SQUEEE! I'm so thrilled all those bookmarks are beautifully organized. Thank you, thank you to Nightmode for this awesome piece of software!
- (2020-01-18) Guillermo Graña Gómez: Ordering bookmarks should be included in Chrome out of the box. As usual, when Google drops the ball, talented people pick it up and make great stuff like Sprucemarks. I liked this extension so much I didn't mind the 7 bucks donation to support this effort. Good job sir, please continue making quality software!
- (2020-01-12) Dave M.: For anyone who wants to get the old non-paywalled Sprucemarks safely without relying on fishy .crx files from other people, here's a clone of the original extension before it was paywall'd: https://github.com/taivu/sprucemarks-forked-from-original You can be sure it's safe because you can check the entire commit history and its source code. If you're paranoid and don't trust that particular fork, you can verify the handful amount of other alternative forks here: https://github.com/deepakjois/sprucemarks/network/members (The reason that deepakjois's repository is the parent of all these forks is because the original repository by nightmode was deleted. So an arbitrary fork was automatically selected to become the parent of all the orphaned forks) Be sure you get the most updated one though (before the paywall update that is, heh) To install it, click the green "Clone or download" button, then click "Download ZIP". Extract the zip, then follow the instructions in the "Developing" section of the README page. Enjoy your freedom :)
- (2020-01-10) 観月唯: This extension is excellent, so I choose to donate.
- (2020-01-10) Trevor M: Was working well until they decided to tack on a monthly charge. Removing it for a better option.
- (2020-01-09) Marty Sullivan: I have used this for years.....at no cost. Now I have to pay?????...............GOODBYE!
- (2020-01-09) Chen Xing: Sprucemarks is now behind a $7 paywall.
- (2020-01-08) Trond Larsen: Loved it until it started to show up at startpage all the time. Turned out it was going from freeware to subscription ware. Uninstalled.
- (2020-01-08) Ko: suddenly turned into a paid extension, worthless
- (2020-01-08) Derick Rodriguez: Hate when my extension updates and demands a ridiculous sum in payment for something that used to be free. Seems to be the pattern nowadays. Hook someone with free functionality, provide little to no support and then demand payment. Goodbye.
- (2020-01-08) Ym M: latest version keepd opening a new browser tab everytime I start chrome. Fix it.
- (2015-10-23, v:2015.7.6.0) Zhanna Luchezarova: Extansion buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Sprucemarks" for a very good price. Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2015-10-04, v:2015.7.6.0) David McDivitt: sort by date within folders
Is it possible to change Sprucemarks to sort by descending date within folders, but alphabetically as it does for the bookmarks bar? I do not want a recursive sort because I want most recent bookmarks at the bottom, which is default behavior, but it would be nice to have a tool put most recent at the top within each folder. Thanks
- (2015-09-20, v:2015.7.6.0) Chris Tsongas: No longer works
For some reason this worked when I installed it a long time ago, but no longer works. New bookmarks don't get sorted.
- (2012-12-23, v:2012.10.15.0) Bookmarks sorting issues.
I had been using this extension, and I loved it (when it would sort properly). I use google sync on my pc, mac, ipad and iphone browsers. The issue is, recently, that the extension no longer sorts... Sometimes, it looks like it sorts it but it's not in a->z order ... Because of this, I had to switch to the extension super sorter, which is annoying to use. ><
- (2012-10-31, v:2012.10.15.0) Derek Manson-Smith: it doesn't work
I downloaded this but new bookmarks still get added to the end of the list out of A-Z order